Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yes!!! Keep'em Guessin' Skins FO!

cakmoney61

I'm a huge ND fan and I read many, many accounts of that game. Not once did I read anything about Quinn attributing his play to his knee. I do remember several dropped passes by his receivers in the Sugar Bowl, and the ND O-line getting shoved around be LSU (like they always did against better teams), but nothing about BQ blaming his knee. Provide a link, please, if you're going to make a statement like that.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17366886/

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/25/sports/football/25combine.html?ex=1330056000&en=bb1d0b508eddd63b&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

Pre-draft is where all the action is. I love the rumors, suspense and speculation however, I think the draft itself will end up being anti-climactic UNLESS we trade up or trade down. After all of the hype, I will almost be disappointed if we actually use the #6 pick because we know it will be used on one of probably four players.....Adams, Okoye, Landry or Anderson.

The Skins trading down (not too far however) and collecting one or two additional first-day picks would make it a fun day for me. If they pick at #6, at that precise moment, the draft will have lost it luster for me. I will then watch the rest of the draft with great envy, jealousy, and disgust as everyone else drafts player after player.

As it stands right now, however, I'm looking to have some fun on draft day! :fingersx:

Well the way he destroyed ND definitely helped. He made it look effortless and just exposed Quinn who was rattled and tried to blame his performance on his knee. I think Quinn is a great athlete but he has flaws as well as Russell and they don't see to be talking about them much. I think there are lot of people that just want to see him do well and are not taking an objective view of him as they are with Russell. Quinn looks like he can be Matt Hasselback one game and Joey Harrington the next. I say take Russell, he looked amazing at his pro day and reminds me of a leaner, stronger & faster Daunte Culpepper (when he was in his prime).

:laugh: All that from one game and watching him run around in shorts?

How about lets judge him based on what he did his entire college career, which wasnt bad but it wasnt great either.

I cant believe one game has driven the country to hype this guy up to be the first pick in the draft.

With this thought process, Im surprised Chris Leak isnt being scouted as the second overall pick this year.

We're all entitled to our opinions, but this is a joke.

The real scary part being that no one knows what the Skins are going to do including our front office....

We want to believe that there is some secret brilliant plan in place that no one can figure out, and that our FO is trying to confuse people. But the more likely explanation based on recent results is that our FO has no idea what the hell they are doing.

I don't think draft day trades are as common as we would like them to be once the day arrives (any supporting information here would be appreciated cause I'm not going to look it up myself). Regardless, it would be fantastic to see us pull one off, add 2nd and 3rd round picks and still land an impact player in the first round.

Ah no, Quinn will drop. Russell is a freak. He can throw the ball like 80 yards. He is stronger, bigger, has more confidence in his ability and can throw the ball to more that just one wide reciever. (See Quinn to Sarmarja over and over). This year's sugar bowl was a nice head to head for the two and Russell shined while Quinn seemed to just flat out lose confidence. Quinn will be every bit as good as Joey Harrington and with the right team he can be maybe play at the level of the great Jeff Garcia. :D

My wish is for Quinn to somehow wind up on a Giants, Cowboys, or Eagles roster. :laugh:

Yea that must be why Samardzija only had 11 more receptions (78) then ND's next receiver Rhema McKnight (67) and 3 less touchdowns 12, then McKnight's 15 in 2006. Also Russell may be bigger but definitly not stronger then Quinn who put up 24 reps on the bench at the combine which was the average of the OLines in the '05 draft, and more then both of his own OLinemen in the draft this year, could be why you think he played so poorly sometimes this year. Quinn has shown more in his college career then Russell could even dream of and if it werent for LSU playing ND in a bowl game this year chances are Russell is back at LSU for his senior season. And beating up on ND's defense isnt anything to be proud of.

I hate Quinn for a couple reasons.

1. He plays for Notre Dame, and although I though of applying there for college, everyone I've met that has gone to Notre Dame is an asshat.

2. He is overrated, he gets hype because he plays quarterback at Notre Dame. Notre Dame is one of those schools, that even if they sucked, they still get a lot of media coverage because they are.... Notre Dame.

3. My girlfriend thinks he is good looking.

Everyone keeps saying hes overrated but giving no reason other then he played at Notre Dame...so i guess Joe Montana, and Joe Theismann were overrated too? The only other reason people have for him being overrated is that he never won a big game. Other than the game vs. Michigan this year you can't blame Quinn for losing the games, he can only play with the talent he has around him. Look a Jamarcus Russells stats in big games this year, and tell me why no one ever mentions that. The whole thing with the media overhyping him makes little sense because as much as they have hyped him up in the pass they tear him apart just as much

Its tought to tell what the Skins are planning but I wouldn't be surprised if Denver got back in the mix. They have a need a defensive end that they haven't been able to fill in free agency and we all know the relationship between our FO's.

Would you be willing to trade #6 for a 1, 2,and 3?? Unfortunately their picks are late but I would strongly consider the deal if we got our 3rd rounder back as part of the package.

Yea that must be why Samardzija only had 11 more receptions (78) then ND's next receiver Rhema McKnight (67) and 3 less touchdowns 12, then McKnight's 15 in 2006. Also Russell may be bigger but definitly not stronger then Quinn who put up 24 reps on the bench at the combine which was the average of the OLines in the '05 draft, and more then both of his own OLinemen in the draft this year, could be why you think he played so poorly sometimes this year. Quinn has shown more in his college career then Russell could even dream of and if it werent for LSU playing ND in a bowl game this year chances are Russell is back at LSU for his senior season. And beating up on ND's defense isnt anything to be proud of.

:applause: Very good post. I'm not sold on Russell.

Archived