Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yes!!! Keep'em Guessin' Skins FO!

cakmoney61

Unlike past years, no one (especially the media) can say the Skins are in heat for this guy or that guy or this scenario or that scenario. The FO has kept their cards close to the vest. Of course, everybody wants CJ. But if the FO can keep it up for 2 more weeks (including draft day), as a die-hard Skins fan, this draft could be fun to watch for the first time in a few years!

I believe the only two players that will definitely not make it to #6 is CJ and Joe Thomas. The Skins could easily get a great player at #6 or make a killing in a trade down because someone else is desperate for a certain player. That's why looking at Jamarcus Russell was a brilliant move; he may drop in their laps and boom major trade down. The key for the Skins FO is not to appear desperate wanting certain scenarios to play out in their favor.

If the FO can keep everybody guessing, this year's draft could really be fun to watch!!! :)

HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 chance in 500 million that Russell drops to 6. That is absurd. He is the first qb that goes, and goes fast.

They tried him out either because:

a. They aren't sure about Campbell, and were considering trading away future picks and anything else to move up and get him at 1 or 2.

or

b. to see how good he is in case he has a serious injury this season, or in case he doesn't work out, and to consider bringing him in down the road as a back up qb.

or

c: to actually try to teach our scouts how to rate a qb as he stands in front of you during a workout.

Beer:30

0 chance in 500 million that Russell drops to 6. That is absurd. He is the first qb that goes, and goes fast.

a. They aren't sure about Campbell, and were considering trading away future picks and anything else to move up and get him at 1 or 2.

or

b. to see how good he is in case he has a serious injury this season, or in case he doesn't work out, and to consider bringing him in down the road as a back up qb.

or

c: to actually try to teach our scouts how to rate a qb as he stands in front of you during a workout.

Isnt it funny that six months ago Russell wasnt even considered a sure first rounder, now theres 0 in 500 chance he drops to the 6th pick in the draft!?

:2cents:

Edit: Just wanted to point out that I think you are right, but still....Isnt it funny?

It is to me.

or

or

:doh:

That is some of the worst reasoning I have ever heard.

This is why it is so important for this country to find a way to raise the level of Public Schools.

Brady Quinn will be the first QB gone at #3 to the Browns, and Russell WILL drop. People forget the Crennel/Weis connection. Why do you think there has been NO mention of it? They are doing their best to keep people thinking they have no interest, but it is a ploy.

Isnt it funny that six months ago Russell wasnt even considered a sure first rounder, now theres 0 in 500 chance he drops to the 6th pick in the draft!?

:2cents:

Edit: Just wanted to point out that I think you are right, but still....Isnt it funny?

It is to me.

Well the way he destroyed ND definitely helped. He made it look effortless and just exposed Quinn who was rattled and tried to blame his performance on his knee. I think Quinn is a great athlete but he has flaws as well as Russell and they don't see to be talking about them much. I think there are lot of people that just want to see him do well and are not taking an objective view of him as they are with Russell. Quinn looks like he can be Matt Hasselback one game and Joey Harrington the next. I say take Russell, he looked amazing at his pro day and reminds me of a leaner, stronger & faster Daunte Culpepper (when he was in his prime).

Brady Quinn will be the first QB gone at #3 to the Browns, and Russell WILL drop. People forget the Crennel/Weis connection. Why do you think there has been NO mention of it? They are doing their best to keep people thinking they have no interest, but it is a ploy.

He may be right.

Well the way he destroyed ND definitely helped. He made it look effortless and just exposed Quinn who was rattled and tried to blame his performance on his knee. I think Quinn is a great athlete but he has flaws as well as Russell and they don't see to be talking about them much. I think there are lot of people that just want to see him do well and are not taking an objective view of him as they are with Russell. Quinn looks like he can be Matt Hasselback one game and Joey Harrington the next. I say take Russell, he looked amazing at his pro day and reminds me of a leaner, stronger & faster Daunte Culpepper (when he was in his prime).
The problem with that analysis is that LSU's defense was one of the best in the nation, whereas ND's was average at best.

Edit: average being relative to the competition they face, not the other couple hundred division I schools.

Ah no, Quinn will drop. Russell is a freak. He can throw the ball like 80 yards. He is stronger, bigger, has more confidence in his ability and can throw the ball to more that just one wide reciever. (See Quinn to Sarmarja over and over). This year's sugar bowl was a nice head to head for the two and Russell shined while Quinn seemed to just flat out lose confidence. Quinn will be every bit as good as Joey Harrington and with the right team he can be maybe play at the level of the great Jeff Garcia. :D

My wish is for Quinn to somehow wind up on a Giants, Cowboys, or Eagles roster. :laugh:

The problem with that analysis is that LSU's defense was one of the best in the nation, whereas ND's was average at best.

Edit: average being relative to the competition they face, not the other couple hundred division I schools.

Valid point. But I didn't see that poise or that will to take over the game like you have in Tom Brady. I know Quinn was bred to play at this level but doesn't that mean that he will be good because of his association with Weis. I feel Weis has made this campaign for his QB for HS recruiting purposes to be like "See, with my tutelage you can play like Brady or Quinn." In the Sugar Bowl, Sarmaja became a non-factor in that game and then Quinn just disappeared IMO.

*knock on wood*

This is exactly what happened with the Skins in 2005, right up until a few days before the draft and we executed that trade with Denver that ended up netting us Jason Campbell. All was quiet up until that point, too, and nobody had a clue what we were going to do.

Point being, don't speak too soon. We still have a few weeks yet before the draft.:paranoid:

Ah no, Quinn will drop. Russell is a freak. He can throw the ball like 80 yards. He is stronger, bigger, has more confidence in his ability and can throw the ball to more that just one wide reciever. (See Quinn to Sarmarja over and over). This year's sugar bowl was a nice head to head for the two and Russell shined while Quinn seemed to just flat out lose confidence. Quinn will be every bit as good as Joey Harrington and with the right team he can be maybe play at the level of the great Jeff Garcia. :D

My wish is for Quinn to somehow wind up on a Giants, Cowboys, or Eagles roster. :laugh:

I think you underestimate Quinn's physical prowess.

http://raiders.aolsportsblog.com/2007/02/23/nfl-combine-brady-quinn-chiseled-jamarcus-russell-chubby/

http://www.aolsportsblog.com/2007/02/24/24-reps-brady-quinn-bench-presses-like-an-offensive-lineman/

Football is a team sport. Why do you think nobody heard about Tom Brady in college? He didn't have a very good team around him, that's why.

You cannot compare LSU to Notre Dame. LSU has better players in every category, most importantly for this discussion, the offensive line. Now, I'm not an fan of Quinn, but being a huge college fan I watch the games every Saturday. Quinn is the real deal. He was Notre Dames best player BY FAR, and they had no defense to speak of. The same cannot be said for LSU and JaMarcus Russell. He had a top 5 defense, with one of the best defenders in the 2007 draft (Landry) and an offensive line that was head and shoulders above anything Notre Dame has had in the last decade.

So, if you're going to give Russell that much credit, at least qualify your statements.

What's even more funny to me is that neither of these guys are the best QB in this draft. IMO John Beck is. Now there is a guy you will hearing about in a few years on Sunday. But, regardless of that, don't discount Quinn just because he had a bad team.

or

or

Obviously, you missed my main point which I could call absurd...but I won't. :rolleyes:

*knock on wood*

This is exactly what happened with the Skins in 2005, right up until a few days before the draft and we executed that trade with Denver that ended up netting us Jason Campbell. All was quiet up until that point, too, and nobody had a clue what we were going to do.

Point being, don't speak too soon. We still have a few weeks yet before the draft.:paranoid:

Exactly my point. It's time for the Skins to play someone else like a fiddle. When the Skins are on the clock, it is then that they need to make someone think they want a certain player desperately and that it will take a stick of dynamite to blow them from the #6 slot. Then and only then can they have a crazed look in their eyes for a certain player. Hopefully, at that point someone will bite.

If no one comes a callin', take the player they really think will help them the most, then bite the bullet and go home...and come back tomorrow! Leave next year's first-day draft picks alone!!!! :2cents:

Pre-draft is where all the action is. I love the rumors, suspense and speculation however, I think the draft itself will end up being anti-climactic UNLESS we trade up or trade down. After all of the hype, I will almost be disappointed if we actually use the #6 pick because we know it will be used on one of probably four players.....Adams, Okoye, Landry or Anderson.

Oh I remember, but let's fast forward to the LSU pro day. I couldn't see any chub and his footwork looked just as good as Quinn's which is great for a guy his size. Quinn is obviously loves the gym and that will be great for Men's Health magazine foldouts. I hope he does well. The defenses will be better than the one he saw against LSU and he will have to hold it together mentally. I just thought he looked scared and his NFL Network interviews are not convincing me that he will have the poise of Tom Brady. I understand he has a lot of supporters (Carriker is another) but I'm all about "what have you done for me lately" and the Sugar Bowl was the last time I saw this kid play football. I know this makes some mad but I just don't see it in Quinn. As much as I'd hate to see it, I think the Raider should take CJ and draft Trent Edwards in the second.

Russell has flaws as well and his weight was an issue at the combine but I think he knows what's at stake. Yes, he should have known before the combine but he definitely learned his lesson and showed up at the his Pro Day and looking amazing. Some analysts said it was the best pro day they'd ever seen. I just give Russell the edge because of his natural gifts (size and arm strength). Even if he struggles early, the natural gifts can make for it early on. (See Vince Young) These are just my opinions. Thanks.

I'm a huge ND fan and I read many, many accounts of that game. Not once did I read anything about Quinn attributing his play to his knee. I do remember several dropped passes by his receivers in the Sugar Bowl, and the ND O-line getting shoved around be LSU (like they always did against better teams), but nothing about BQ blaming his knee. Provide a link, please, if you're going to make a statement like that.

Football is a team sport. Why do you think nobody heard about Tom Brady in college? He didn't have a very good team around him, that's why.

You cannot compare LSU to Notre Dame. LSU has better players in every category, most importantly for this discussion, the offensive line. Now, I'm not an fan of Quinn, but being a huge college fan I watch the games every Saturday. Quinn is the real deal. He was Notre Dames best player BY FAR, and they had no defense to speak of. The same cannot be said for LSU and JaMarcus Russell. He had a top 5 defense, with one of the best defenders in the 2007 draft (Landry) and an offensive line that was head and shoulders above anything Notre Dame has had in the last decade.

So, if you're going to give Russell that much credit, at least qualify your statements.

What's even more funny to me is that neither of these guys are the best QB in this draft. IMO John Beck is. Now there is a guy you will hearing about in a few years on Sunday. But, regardless of that, don't discount Quinn just because he had a bad team.

Okay, valid points. But how come Quinn was on all my Sport Illustrated magazines? Why was ND ranked as high as they were in the preseason given the fact that they didn't have the players? According to the media, he had a great team. According to the media Quinn was a Heisman hopeful! Huh? Didn't see any of that in the Sugar Bowl. I know its a team sport. Played it for quite a while and at the WR position. I would want Russell throwing me the ball cause I feel he could get it there IMO.

I agree that nobody has a clue who the Skins are going to go after, but like you said it all depends on who's still on the board when we go on the clock.

Side note: I could be wrong but I was thinking that the draft was next weekend.

Yep your wrong :silly: draft is the weekend after next (28-29th)

Archived