Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Teams Lining Up For K. Jenkins

MAATopDogg

This is exactly why I keep my opinions to a minimum about all of this trading stuff. Because I just have no understanding of how FO's minds work. We are willing to trade for a weakside LB, but we are not interested in a probowl, semi young DT like Jenkins. :confused:

If Washington is offered Carolina's #14 AND Jenkins period, it would still be robbing them blind. I believe thats equivalent to what? A 3rd rounder?

Carolina would be insane to give him to Washington just to move up the draft 8 spaces.

More than likely, Carolina wants a 1st or 2nd rounder, so the trade would probably go more like Washington gives the #6 pick to Carolina for Kris Jenkins.

Which I don't think would be that worth it.

However. If they trade Jenkins, then Carolina would be in the market for Branch or Okoye. Which would then allow Washington to dangle the #6 spot and pick up a player go down to #14 and either pick someone at #14, or still try and get the Briggs deal done and pick up a CAR player, Briggs and a late 1st.

It would take a lot of cap space, but that would be a pretty go idea, IMO.

You guys are talking about giving up way too much.

The swap of firsts is worth the equivalent of a high 2nd round pick. To call that "robbing them blind" is just crazy. With is long line of issues (injuries, work ethic, weight, depression, acoholism), it's borderline insane to give up that much for him. I'd love to take a gamble on him, but not at that price.

Denver is always looking for Dline, remember when they signed or traded for the entire Dline of the defensive powerhouse Browns a few years ago.

Yeah the skins are the only team that makes bad moves.:rolleyes:

Ummm...that's not exactly a great example of them making a mistake...their D-line has done pretty decent and their defense is usually right in the top 15 or so in most stat catergories....

I'm biased but it would be to have a former Terp on the roster. Especially one who happens to be one of the best DTs in the game. He is always in college park working out in the offseason. He's a good guy and a family man. But I thought I read that the Panthers were not really trying to move him because of his value. I'm not sure alot of teams are willing to come to the table with what is necessary to acquire him.

But as much as he loves College Park and coming back home, I heard he hates the Redskins as well. I don't know if has to do with Delbert Cowsette who is no longer with the Redskins but there is something that he doesn't like about the organization.

Somebody run over to Byrd Field and see if KJ is really up to 400 pounds!

If he's in shape, we should at least consider getting in the mix. We need to turn this #6 pick into at least two players, maybe three. Other than CJ, I don't really see any "can't miss" prospects that high.

It is comedy watching Denver try and sign everyone. They are the replica of the Redskins but dont seem to get very much publicity like we do when we go on a spending spree.

Probably because they keep their draft picks, they don't tend to overpay, and they don't suck every year... to name a few.

It's difficult to believe that his agent hasn't mentioned the Redskins. That seems to be happening anytime someone wants to move a players.

That leads me to believe that the Redskins could get him. They're keeping it hush hush.

Man, I'd love to be able to trade our 6th for Jenkins and the Panters' first roudner

Archived