Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Teams Lining Up For K. Jenkins

MAATopDogg

TEAMS LINING UP FOR JENKINS

Panthers defensive tackle Kris Jenkins is on the trading block. And, per the Charlotte Observer, the Rams, Chiefs, and Broncos are interested.

Jenkins is currently in Maryland, working out at the school where he played football.

The 2006 Pro Bowler missed most of the 2004 and 2005 seasons, prompting the team to load up on free agents at his position last year. Jenkins surprisingly stayed healthy for the full season and made it back to the Pro Bowl, apparently prompting the Panthers to conclude that his value via trade would never be higher.

Jenkins is signed through 2009, and salaries of $3.2 million, $2.955 million, and $3.71 million.

Denver? In a trade? Not a chance :)

Denver is always looking for Dline, remember when they signed or traded for the entire Dline of the defensive powerhouse Browns a few years ago.

Yeah the skins are the only team that makes bad moves.:rolleyes:

We really need to consider trading for Jenkins. When healthy he eats up Guards and Centers like there double cheesburgers at MC D's. If we can get our hands on him look for Andre Carter and Cornelius to have big years.

I wish we would get him

I was just being sarcastic about Denver :).

It seems they make about 15 trades a year.

:cheers:

We really need to consider trading for Jenkins. When healthy he eats up Guards and Centers like there double cheesburgers at MC D's. If we can get our hands on him look for Andre Carter and Cornelius to have big years.

Dunno about that - I think Jenkins is more like Griff, whereas Griff does best paired up next to a wide body. We'd have a great interior pass rush, but I dunno how tough we'd be against the run up the middle. I imagine it'd be similar to the Eagirls DL when they had Corey Simon.

i'd need a 2nd or 3rd tossed in, he does have injury issues.

It is a gamble and I would prefer a 3rd over the 4th but the difference in the draft value (i know I know, draft value haters) is only 500 pts. If other teams are interested in him we may have to take less. We could get him to replace salavea and still get a pass rusher or Nelson at 14. Use the 3rd or 4th on the best guard available, 5th on the best TE available (blocking mostly) and lets get ready for some football.

Also consider if we did go to s14 the Bears might consider the briggs swap.

If Carolina offered Jenkins, #14, and their 4th rnd pick for pick #6 would you do it?

Make that a 3rd rounder instead of a 4th and they'd have a deal. That would be a nice trade, at 14 we could then focus on DE or Safety, or even Guard.

Jenkins would still need to pass a physical of course. To me though, it'd just be like trading down, a decent trade from 6 to 14 would just involve a 3rd rounder anyways, so Jenkins sweetens the pot.

The fact that the Skins aren't actively pursuing Jenkins shows that Gibbs & Co. clearly have a plan for our D-Line. Jenkins is one of the best available D-Lineman left on the market. The fact that the Skins have been mentioned for Briggs, Samuel, Mickey Mouse, & The Easter Bunny this year shows that the Skins are absolutely trying to do something else in the off-season; we're not done. That being said, forgive me for exhausting this conversation, but the big signing is obviously not always the best...I think that the FO has FINALLY learned this. For example, take a look at Samuel's and Nate Clements's numbers for the past 3 seasons:

Asante Samuel

Year Att Comp Yds TD INT Pen P-Yds YPA

2006 81 39 555 2 10 2 11 7.0

2005 95 51 813 6 3 2 -4 8.5

2004 91 43 593 0 1 2 32 6.9

Total 267 133 1961 8 14 6 39 7.5

Nate Clements

2006 77 41 478 1 3 1 -10 6.1

2005 106 65 919 5 2 1 19 8.8

2004 85 42 518 3 6 3 22 6.4

Total 268 148 1915 9 11 5 31 7.3

This being said, take a look at David Macklin's:

David Macklin

2006 37 17 266 2 1 2 12 7.5

2005 86 50 614 3 2 2 53 7.8

2004 116 58 717 4 4 4 34 6.5

Total 239 125 1597 9 7 8 99 7.1

This is all quoted from ESPN.com: "Macklin and Harper are probably not quite as good in coverage as Clements or Samuel, but the metric history shows they aren't that far behind. "

This just shows that the Skins are finally learning to conserve the free agency spending, at least to some degree, which is better than what we've done in the past. That being said, after this lengthy post, I think it clearly says something that we're not in the play for Jenkins.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/columns/story?columnist=joyner_kc&id=2831709

Archived