Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Replay screen at FedEx

clefevre

My number one *****....the lite-brite's we have. Personal theory. The longer we go without replacing them, the more serious Snyder is about building a stadium of his own design. Do not underestimate the ego competition of the super wealthy...he won't let Jerry Jones one-up him for long...

exactly, and if Snyder is considering a new stadium, there's no way he's gonna put a new screen at Fedex, it'd be like putting a new TV in a house that's getting condemned in a couple months

its a shame that everytime i go to a ravens game, it makes me realize what an absolutely poor excuse of a stadium we have. they have a great facility there, with great quality screens that are absolutely monstrous. If we had taken the time to build the stadium right instead of throwing it together we wouldn't be having this discussion.

So if danny boy decides to build a new one, here's to him doing it right this time around: :cheers:

its a shame that everytime i go to a ravens game, it makes me realize what an absolutely poor excuse of a stadium we have. they have a great facility there, with great quality screens that are absolutely monstrous. If we had taken the time to build the stadium right instead of throwing it together we wouldn't be having this discussion.

So if danny boy decides to build a new one, here's to him doing it right this time around: :cheers:

You can blame JKC for the POS we have now.

If Dan built this thing it would've been done right.

Well you wouldn't have survived rfk.

Different era, different expectations.

And Baltimore isn't the only place in the league to find a state of the art stadium experience.

How many seats (money out of Snyder's hands) would a new jumbo screen take a away?

Could be none if he did it like Pro Player Stadium. My money is on a new stadium announcement in 2008.

Replay at FedEx indeed sucks. Another thing that sucks is updates (scores) from around the NFL being displayed.

It has gotten better over the past couple seasons, but it's still not like the scrolling tickertapes in other stadiums that show scores and stats.

If I remember correctly the reason we don't have a giant big screen high definition digital screen is because the whole stadium was wired for analog, and it is very pricey to switch over to digital. The wiring all has to be redone was the explanation I remember hearing.

Also, that is the reason we don't have replays, because they have to go to the actual tape and rewind it to show it rather than TiVo rewind it like you get with a digital system.

Lastly, others have suggested that we just show the FOX or CBS or etc replays, which would be a temporary solution, but Danny Boy needs to shell out the money to rewire the stadium or build a new stadium in D.C. with a retractable dome.

If I remember correctly the reason we don't have a giant big screen high definition digital screen is because the whole stadium was wired for analog,

Also, that is the reason we don't have replays, because they have to go to the actual tape and rewind it to show it rather than TiVo rewind it like you get with a digital system.

Lastly, others have suggested that we just show the FOX or CBS or etc replays, which would be a temporary solution, QUOTE]

1) Rewiring would not be difficult or expensive if dozens of other facilities have done so nation wide, including NCAA venues that rely on donations. Danny was B.S. on 980 when he said that.

2) Replays were not difficult to display in other stadiums where anolog jumbotrons functioned for decades.

3) Hosting teams cannot use TV broadcast b/c of national sponsorship contracts w/the networks vs. the local sponsorships seen on the minitrons.

wait til the Crygirls have that 60 yard replay screen. I wonder what the Dan will do then.
He'll install a retractable roof that will also double as the worlds largest projection screen, and wheel a cart onto the field with a huge projector whenever he wants to show replays, pausing the game for tens of minutes. Games are expected to take 10 hours to complete.

3) Hosting teams cannot use TV broadcast b/c of national sponsorship contracts w/the networks vs. the local sponsorships seen on the minitrons.

Oh I had no clue--shows my ignorance there. I guess those were just excuses to why we don't have a nice screen. I am not saying what was said was correct, just that it was said by management at one point or another.

How many seats (money out of Snyder's hands) would a new jumbo screen take a away?

0 Seats. He could just take down 2 massive beer ad's on each end of the stadium and replace the old screens and the space used for beer ads with one massive screen.

He would then need to pay for a new digital replay system to be added along with the loss of ad money, and cost of the new screens.

Dan Snyder could give a **** about the fans, all he cares about is money. Therefore I would not expect to see a new screen of any quality. In other NFL stadiums high ticket prices eventually pay for better stuff. In FedEx higher ticket prices pay the massive signing bonuses of overpaid players or massive salaries for our gigantic coaching staff, or goes into the pockets of Mr. Snyder...

Oh well.

0 Seats. He could just take down 2 massive beer ad's on each end of the stadium and replace the old screens and the space used for beer ads with one massive screen.
You know the chances of less advertising at Fed Ex are less than zero.

I don't care if our fancy new scoreboard is a tall dude with a sign he holds up... what the F does it matter?

Let's see, this is my perfect stadium. I want a good field with great views from every seat including the upper level. I want concession stands and beer carts. Heated bathrooms is optional but would be nice.

Oh yeah and I want 92,000 people in the stands who care more about the game being played on the field than the age of the outdated replay screen. STOP your f*cking whining and watch the damn game. On the field, that is.

David

You can blame JKC for the POS we have now.

If Dan built this thing it would've been done right.

Exactly, the REAL reason that they haven't upgraded the screens at FedEx is that when the stadium was built the screens were built into the stadium in such a way as they are actually part of the load bearing structure for the upper decks. It would be a HUGE construction project to upgrade the screens because they would have to literally remodel the entire endzone sections, taking extra precautions so the upper decks didn't fall down during the construction. It's not like the other stadiums where the screens are hanging on the exterior of the structure.

If The Danny had built the stadium this wouldn't be an issue, but Mr. Cooke built the stadium in a super rush, so this is what we got.

If I remember correctly the reason we don't have a giant big screen high definition digital screen is because the whole stadium was wired for analog, and it is very pricey to switch over to digital. The wiring all has to be redone was the explanation I remember hearing.

Lastly, others have suggested that we just show the FOX or CBS or etc replays, which would be a temporary solution, but Danny Boy needs to shell out the money to rewire the stadium or build a new stadium in D.C. with a retractable dome.

For a billionnaire like Snyder this is a cheap, lazy excuse. But I suspect that stadium envy will get to him in the next couple of years and he will want to out do Jerry Jones.

Archived