Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Replay screen at FedEx

clefevre

I went to a Tampa Bay Devil Rays game on Friday and they have a new replay screen there that is 35 feet by 64 feet and crystal clear. I think FedEx may have the worst replay screen out of any profesional stadium. There is NO reason for us not to have one of the best. I understand Danny likes to advertise in the stadium, but I would be fine if the screen had the Budwieser add shown on the screen in the place where the add is hanging now, as long as they use the whole screen to show replays and highlights. Our season tickets are in the upper deck and the current screen is of no help watching replays, it's not any clearer than what we saw from the upper deck.

Anyone know if upgrading the screen has been mentioned? There is even a digital billboard in Tampa that is larger and has a higher resolution than the screen in our stadium. The staduim that generates millions of dollars for Snyder.

I know it was mentioned on this board ad nauseum before last season. We even got our hopes up when Larry Michael had a few announcements on Redskins lunch. But as far as anyone knows, it isn't even being discussed.

But you never know-It could certainly be installed during training camp....:fingersx:

I know it was mentioned on this board ad nauseum before last season. We even got our hopes up when Larry Michael had a few announcements on Redskins lunch. But as far as anyone knows, it isn't even being discussed.

But you never know-It could certainly be installed during training camp....:fingersx:

a larry michael's special announcment is usually something along the lines of "fedex switched to heinz mustard instead of the dijon it was using prior, keep it tuned for more breaking news!!"

There is no incentive for Danny to upgrade the minitrons as long as the seats and the suites are all sold.

As new stadium talks will inevitably gain momentum in the upcoming years, the likelyhood of modern jumbos in Raljon will decrease.:2cents:

I just moved down here to Miami for law school and I have attended a couple Dolphin games in addition to the Super Bowl in February and I have to agree. Our replay is screen at FedEx is like comparing an old black and white tube tv to a flat screen plasma tv. Dolphin's Stadium has two huge hi-def video boards. They are awesome! I could see Peyton's pimples on them from my nose bleed seats. We need something comparable at FedEx because I know we can afford it. :D

My number one *****....the lite-brite's we have. Personal theory. The longer we go without replacing them, the more serious Snyder is about building a stadium of his own design. Do not underestimate the ego competition of the super wealthy...he won't let Jerry Jones one-up him for long...

Clefevre,

For some reason this is the touchstone issue for the majority of our fan base. I watch the play on the field when I'm at Fed Ex, but people on this board really love them some jumbotron. Watch for the responses in this thread and see what I mean.

LOL no kidding. The only way we ever show a replay in the stadium is if it's a positive play. SOOO annoying!

Every Stadium I have been to does this; the visiting team is at a disadvatage when it comes to tough calls.

When I was in Tampa the year before last, they replayed the Ladell Betts sideline scamper over and over again because it was to their advantage to have this call reversed if possible.

On the other hand, they did not replay the Alstott plunge at alll because it would have been to our advantage.

It is a wise move for the home team to do this if you ask me.

That being said, there is absolutely no reason for the largest, biggest money making stadium in the NFL to NOT have the Jumbotron. Living down here, I hadn't been to a home game in years and every NFL stadium I had been to had much better Big Screens. That was the first thing I noticed when I attended several games at Fed-Ex Field last year.

maybe the skins dont want us watching enlarged versions of our defense giving up 15 yards a carry. when everything looks so small, its hard to pinpoint just exactly who is sucking. but on a blown up screen, we'd have concrete evidence of said sucking. haha

This has been a issue in the past not just last year, season was over back in December.

I went to a Tampa Bay Devil Rays game on Friday and they have a new replay screen there that is 35 feet by 64 feet and crystal clear. .....

I'm not dissing our own screen, but when a sorry lose-all-the-time, drawing 10000 fans a game (if they're lucky) Devil Dogs baseball team out-Joneses your big screen, that should say something. It says this: :doh::doh::doh:

What has been said is that the jumbo-tron in place is analog and that they can't (read don't want to pay) to switch it to digital.

Its a crock of ****. Stadiums older than Fed-Ex have better digital screens. I know damn well that I want to see the blood shoot from Romo sits to pee's mouth when ST cracks him, and I want to see it in HD.

Guest Knightwchmn

More than just the quality of the screens... how about the graphics on those screens?!?! I think the little Redskin pounding out "De-Fense" went out 15 years ago in every other NFL and college stadium. I've seen high school's with better productions on their "light-boards"... come on Dan - at least have your new production company with Cruise produce some up-dated material.

Have any of you visited Tampa Stadium? They do it right, with great CGI graphics, quality boards, extra boards around the stadium continuously scrolling other scores from around the league (How come you can't find other scores from around the league at Fed-Ex with any frequency?), the red-flags being raised, the themed end-zone... it is a masterful production I would love to see the Redskins incorporate into their own fan experience.

:2cents:

Perhaps the current LightBright screens are a mere marketing ploy to encourage rental of Kangaroo TV's for $40 a game.

BTW, I want to puke on the Kangaroo interns who work the pregame parking lot by approaching tailgates to push their little tv's. It's like being disturbed by a bum asking for change every 10 minutes.

Archived