Loxley

Who would win in a fight?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win in a fight?

• Rick James
    • James Brown
    • Crack Cocaine

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6658964

Apologies if this has already been posted but I just read this below on Foxsports.com; most of it is not news here but this little tidbit at the end caught my eye. Obviously living on this side of the pond i know zip about the late round players as I dont get to see much (any?) football on the tv.

Does anyone know anything about this guy? I have always found FO to be intriguing and informative but if thats not the case Im hoping someone can correct me. Anyway the interesting bit is below, click above for full article.

(woo my first thread - well 2nd but the other one only said hi)

Who they may have their eyes on in the later rounds: Other than their first-round selection, the 'Skins only have late second-day picks (a fifth, two sixths and a seventh). In that sense, they have greatly improved their chances of finding a diamond in the rough. Wyoming free safety John Wendling is 6-1, 220, runs the 40 in 4.48 range, shows great athleticism, and, most importantly, was a national finalist for the 2006 Draddy Trophy, which is awarded each year by the National Football Foundation (NFF) to the top football scholar-athlete in the country. He could be the on-field coach to get Taylor back on track

(also i just found that if you make your own thread and then rate it 5 stars it gets 5 stars - not that I have insecurity issues or anything).

:laugh:

Good read. It will be interesting to see if the Skins can start grabbing great deals in the late rounds like they did last season with Golston. Maybe we can become known for getting quality at the end of the draft...... I know, I know, keep dreaming.

This particular exchange is from Super Troopers...it was also the restaurant in "waiting" right? Not sure because "waiting" sucked...

That hostess though, :notworthy.

I would have enjoyed working with her :)

Day two picks are no fun. They don't warrant flash bulb frenzies or sell jerseys. Plus they require scouting and intel gathering.

It's much easier to dispose of them as trade bait for high profile FA's who will sell jersey's and get us on ESPN with their intro pressers.

Besides, for every Goldston, there are 3 preseason cuts from the day two guys we actually do draft.

Seriously,

Let's hope that this year Danny and Vinny will finally take the opposit approach to our day two picks.

That John Wendling is the guy that has the youtube video of jumping over from a standing position over a 70" high hurdle. He is an athlete but the reason he is a 5th rounder is because he is raw and many question his true speed and not the 40 straight line speed

That John Wendling is the guy that has the youtube video of jumping over from a standing position over a 70" high hurdle. He is an athlete but the reason he is a 5th rounder is because he is raw and many question his true speed and not the 40 straight line speed

actually, as mentioned, his stock is rising. Not many mocks/rankings have him going past day one. Some have him ranked as a top 5 safety cause his flaws can be corrected with coaching/experience, while other safeties have flaws that aren't as easily corrected.

Day two picks are no fun. They don't warrant flash bulb frenzies or sell jerseys. Plus they require scouting and intel gathering.

It's much easier to dispose of them as trade bait for high profile FA's who will sell jersey's and get us on ESPN with their intro pressers.

Besides, for every Goldston, there are 3 preseason cuts from the day two guys we actually do draft.

Seriously,

Let's hope that this year Danny and Vinny will finally take the opposit approach to our day two picks.

When have 2nd day draft picks been used for "high profile FA's who sell jerseys"?...Especially considering you don't have to offer draft picks for free agents lol.

And how many 2nd day draft picks have the Skins given away over the past three years, anyway?

Archived