Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Imus on the Hot Seat for Rutgers Comments

Dan T.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/news/story?id=2830850

Wow, so Imus has the courtesy to go on a hostile show, with a hostile host, and KNOWS he's going to get lambasted by a man who could well be considered a racist in his own right, and what happens? The ungrateful moron, Sharpton, walks out of the room during commercial breaks and hardly speaks to the guy.

WHAT DO YOU WANT, AL?!?!

I haven't seen Professor Kambon on The O'Reilly Factor. When was the last time Dave Chappelle answered to Rush? Rev. Jackson, would you like some time to explain to Sean Hannity why you're paying for a LIAR's education BECAUSE she fabricated a story against white athletes?

Didn't think so, hypocrites.

Someone seems a little bitter 13.gif

Go get some fresh air ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U5DXNVRv4M

You saw this guy plastered all over the media, discussed on talk shows, and gripping the races of the nation...right?

The people at CSPAN who had this speaker on had to deal with this storm of ridicule. Right?

Imus calls someone on a radio broadcast a nappy headed hoe. He is all over the news, people everywhere are commenting on what some dumb white hick said in his stupidity.

Kamau Kambon goes on CSPAN, a nationally televised network supported by the government and outlines his feelings as to why all white people must be exterminated.

What the hell, in this country that has freedom of speech, etc. is so shocking to minorities in America when a white person says stupid things about them? At the same time, what is so completely normal and uninteresting about a black man calling for the death of all white people on CSPAN to whites? Anyone should be free to say whatever the hell they want. If they want to be ignorant racist morons they should be allowed to. Not telling other people what their opinions should be and what they should say is one of the founding principles of this country. I don't see why a group of people would hire a guy because they want his strange speaking personality, and would then can his ass for speaking and his personality.

I'm not defending what Imus said as good, I hate Imus, he's an *******. I defend his right to say stupid ****, it isn't less of a right for him because he is white than it is a right for a black, hispanic, asian, whatever.

First of all, the guy who was on this video is an IDIOT and a racist. His views are not mine that is for sure. But I didn't ask for a random video of a guy at a open public speaking forum. I asked for a national syndicated black on air personlaity who had said the same offensive things Imus said more than twice, like Imus did, and still has his job.

And I am not saying he doesn't have the right to say it. He does, but you can't expect anyone, especially the party that has been offended, just to roll their eyes and say "oh because we have freedom of speech it is ok for him to offend any group he wants"! You say something out of line, you have to suffer the consequences of your actions. And once again just because the minority says soemthing insenstive to a culture, does not make it right for Imus (the majority) or anyone else to say it. Thery are both wrong.

And the guy in the video is not paid by the government to spew the hate that he spewed. That was his opinion. If what Imus said wasn't wrong or if he had the right to do it without feeling any backlash, then why is MSNBC and CBS apologizing and saying they don't condone his comments?

I'm going to make a comparison that may or may not apply but it also involves sports and on-air racial comments.

"So try not to laugh when someone says these are the world’s greatest athletes, despite a paucity of blacks that makes the Winter Games look like a GOP convention." - Bryant Gumbel, February 7, 2006

Gumbel is basically insulting the ability of a much larger group of white athletes, implying they are inferior simply because they aren't black. Imus insulted the Rutger's teams appearance in a much less racially overt way than Gumbel did and yet he is suffering a media crucifixion. Is it worse to belittle an athlete's ability based solely on race or to insult their appearance in a racially insensitive way?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/news/story?id=2830850

Wow, so Imus has the courtesy to go on a hostile show, with a hostile host, and KNOWS he's going to get lambasted by a man who could well be considered a racist in his own right, and what happens? The ungrateful moron, Sharpton, walks out of the room during commercial breaks and hardly speaks to the guy.

WHAT DO YOU WANT, AL?!?!

I haven't seen Professor Kambon on The O'Reilly Factor. When was the last time Dave Chappelle answered to Rush? Rev. Jackson, would you like some time to explain to Sean Hannity why you're paying for a LIAR's education BECAUSE she fabricated a story against white athletes?

Didn't think so, hypocrites.

read livestrong's post. It'll help ya out.

I'm going to make a comparison that may or may not apply but it also involves sports and on-air racial comments.

"So try not to laugh when someone says these are the world’s greatest athletes, despite a paucity of blacks that makes the Winter Games look like a GOP convention." - Bryant Gumbel, February 7, 2006

Gumbel is basically insulting the ability of a much larger group of white athletes, implying they are inferior simply because they aren't black. Imus insulted the Rutger's teams appearance in a much less racially overt way than Gumbel did and yet he is suffering a media crucifixion. Is it worse to belittle an athlete's ability based solely on race or to insult their appearance in a racially insensitive way?

_MG_5799_lr.jpg

I do remember people complaining about his statements BTW.

Racism will never go away. Civil right laws just forces rednecks to go more undercover.

It doesn't take the likes of Sigmund Freud to see who is a racist, they usually rationalize with ignorance.

Hypothetically speaking, how long would it take for NBC and CBS to fire a Black or Spanish anchorman who just called an all white Basketball team a bunch of Cave woman Hoes or an Asian team a bunch of me so horny Hoes.

They would be let go within two days and not suspended for two weeks.

It's BS and he should be fined by FCC since they govern NBC and CBS. He can say what ever he wants on his blog or Internet site once he is fired; hopefully.

Rascism will never go away. Civil right laws just forces rednecks to go more undercover.

It doesn't take the likes of Sigmund Freud to see who is a racist, they usally rationlize with ignorance.

Hypothetically speaking, how long would it take for NBC and CBS to fire a Black or Spanish anchorman who just called an all white Basketball team a bunch of Cave woman Hoes or an Asian team a bunch of me so horny Hoes.

It's BS and he should be fined by FCC since they govern NBC and CBS. He can say what ever he wants on his blog or Internet site once he is fired; hopefully.

Exactly! They would be fired almost immediately, and if a black host called a bunch of white women athletes trailer trash ho's or something of the sort, which is almost identical to what Imus said they'd be gone within hours. It's unfair that he gets the advatages of being able to say what he wants, when other races, had they said something like that would suffer much harsher consequences.

It's a double standard. If a black man said the same thing, he would have been fired, plain and simple.

that's the 2nd time you've said that. care to back it up? because we can throw hypotheticals around all day.

look no further than gumbel's comments, just a few posts below yours.

they usually rationalize with ignorance.

So far the only "ignorance" I've seen is your name calling. But then, I wouldn't expect a logical argument from you. Afterall, your side dismisses logic by calling it "rationalization."

(As if being rational is a bad thing.)

BTW, I demand an apology and expect you to appear on The Factor to apologize again.

Racism will never go away. Civil right laws just forces rednecks to go more undercover.

wow. that's great.

you guys and your hypothetical statements. they're a comforting ploy for you, kind of like a pacifier for a child. you know that they can't really be refuted, unless you choose not to ignore the questions about gumbel. or dusty baker saying that white players can't hold up in the heat.

fact is, freedom of speech is fine for everyone until they get offended. how many times have i read that song and dance on here when the roles are reversed...

It doesn't take the likes of Sigmund Freud to see who is a racist, they usually rationalize with ignorance.

wow. that's great.

you guys and your hypothetical statements. they're a comforting ploy for you, kind of like a pacifier for a child. you know that they can't really be refuted, unless you choose not to ignore the questions about gumbel. or dusty baker saying that white players can't hold up in the heat.

fact is, freedom of speech is fine for everyone until they get offended. how many times have i read that song and dance on here when the roles are reversed...

I am not here dispute how you were raised. I am here to post what I think of racism. This ain't about you or you beliefs.

I could care less with the half of worm you are using to bait me into a debate.

I don't have time for it, maybe another time.

I am not here dispute how you were raised. I am here to post what I think of racism. This ain't about you or you beliefs.

i don't believe i've tried to make it about me or my beliefs, or how i was raised.

i'll just translate the other part:

i'll make inflammatory statements with nothing to back them up, but i'll refrain from the debate because, well, i've got nothing to back myself up.

A less racially overt way???? He called the Rutger's woman's basketball team "nappy headed hoes"! He was saying that there hair was basically unkept and that they were sluts based off of what they looked like! He called them hardcore hoes! Jiggaboos vs. Wannabees! Less racially overt way? On a nationally syndicated radio broacast that millions of people listen to, he said this...Please explain how this is less overt???

Bryant Gumbel, who I have never liked at all, basically said that you can't say you have a collection of the world's greatest athletes without including black people in the conversation. How is that desparaging to white people? He didn't say white people were not athletic. He didn't generalize a group of people based off of there appearance.

Look at ESPN's Top 50 Athletes list they did a few years ago. You think they could do that list with just all white people or with just all black people? No. There is even a HORSE on the list!!!

Bryant Gumbel, who I have never liked at all, basically said that you can't say you have a collection of the world's greatest athletes without including black people in the conversation. How is that desparaging to white people? He didn't say white people were not athletic. He didn't generalize a group of people based off of there appearance.

wow, you're rationalization of racism rivals anything in this thread.

And what you think about racism is that it's perfectly OK for you to be a racist (throwing around derogatory terms like "redneck"), but it's not OK if the tables are turned. We've got that.

Now, before you go, show me one thing I wrote that is even remotely racist. You've posted yours twice.

I bet he could've dropped the N bomb and people would still be on here defending him.

i don't think anyone is actually defending imus and what he said.

what people are saying is that freedom of speech isn't always pretty. and that these types of things happen both ways.

codearoma summed it up beautifully, from my point of view at least:

First, Imus is a complete moron to have made the comments he made. What was he thinking? I'm not a fan of being PC, however, whether he meant for the comments to be racial or not, he is a moron to have said them because he had to know that they would be thought of as racial. He's a white guy making pretty negative comments about black females, then in the same conversation, says that the team that is predominatly white has a bunch of pretty girls. Duh... no kidding he's getting the flak that he's getting.

He has every right to make these comments.

His employer has every right to fire him if they wish.

Every person has a right to agree or disagree with him.

If I were him, making big bucks on a radio show, I wouldn't say anything like that, which could easily lead to my firing. But if he doesn't care, more power to him.

If Imus was black, this wouldn't be an issue. That's what's sad IMO.

Al Sharpton... clown. Go away.

Archived