Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Redskins Won't Part With McIntosh

chronicdesi

"But when the Redskins approached Chicago last week about acquiring Briggs, their unwillingness to move an unproven player who did not participate virtually at all in the base package for a player who has earned a Pro Bowl berth in consecutive seasons may have provided a hint of their view of McIntosh's potential."

I think this quote sums up everything well. Hopefully this is the end of the trade talk...

Yea thats what i was thinking. This must mean that Rocky is a little more than a bench player and we will see him suit up this year...finally.

Also, atlhough i would like ot see briggs here (not at that cost), I am glad that we are standing firm and not letting the stingy bears screw us.

I wouldn't have done the trade, but only because we don't have a need for another LINEBACKER. Our most pressing need right now is for an impact DEFENSIVE TACKLE.

If this had been proposed as McIntosh & the #6 Pick for the #31 Pick and an impact DT, I would have been all over it, pressing for it to be done before the Bears came to their senses.

We traded up to get Rocky and he proved to be a bust. He couldn't even get on the field regularly. He's very close to being yet another one of the players on this roster that I can't and won't root for.

If we had given Chicago either Rocky or Lemar, I would have been upset and felt totally ripped off. Why give up all we have for one guy. Plus I want to have the #6 pick, either to use and get a talented D-linemen or to get more picks, but to give to the Bears, come on.

Rocky is a Redskin. And we still don't know how Marcus is going to recover, so we need both Rocky and Lemar.

I think this is still up for debate. The fact that we had anything to do with Briggs, just makes me nervous and makes me think this FO loves to make a splash. To me, this is no different than any other year. If this Briggs trade had gone through right away, I know my initial reaction was we were giving up too much. After some time, some grew on the trade. I think it was the lenght of this trade talk that provided some people time to like this trade, if not it would be like any other year.

Good post. At first, I was one of the people that thought if we trade away the 6 pick for 31 and Briggs we were getting hosed. It grew on me though. We would have gotten a 24 year old probowler and the 31st pick in the draft to get a D-lineman that wouldnt have cost us nearly as much as a D-lineman at 6. Anyways, im not sad that the trade blew over. I think the Bears were disrespecting the Redskins with their comments to the media when it was actually Drew doing the talking and not us. Then they decide to take their sweet time in a response to our offer, and demand more when they do respond. They dont deserve the 6th pick and we can find a better trade elsewhere. I hope we draft Okoye with 6. I wouldnt mind CJ, but seriously, what if he ends up like Mike Williams, or Peter Warrick..... then we blew our chances at a D-lineman and we are stuck with a high priced underachieveing WR. Do i think that will happen? More then likely not, but the point is we need to address the D-line in the draft. 6th pick, 31st pick, whatever, should be a D-lineman.

Didnt we get Lyndsey from the Bears too? Or am i getting mixed up with Gregg Blache...

I thought it was Lyndsey anyway and he said how good Holdman was... So yeah look where that all got us.

As for Arch, I wouldnt be surprised if Lovie got more out of Arch, he seems to be one of those born optimists and he coached AA in St Louis I believe so he knows what his perceived strengths are.

If memory serves, Lindsey was fired by Marty in San Diego after 2003. Lindsey was his defensive coordinator. It was Blache who was fired as the Bears defensive coordinator when Lovie came aboard.

Either way it doesn't matter. My original point was that the current Bears defensive staff (whom I respect alot) seem to like what they see in Rocky and were/are interested in him. That's a good sign that we actually may have a good player here that other people want.

Well, since we haven't even used Rocky (other than Special Teams, really) I think it makes perfect sense we keep and develop the guy. We did move up in the draft/part with picks to land him in the first place. Is anyone else getting worried about Marcus Washington though? I'm wondering if Fletcher wasn't an insurance policy if #53 is slow to return from 2 recent surgeries. Thoughts?

Well, since we haven't even used Rocky (other than Special Teams, really) I think it makes perfect sense we keep and develop the guy. We did move up in the draft/part with picks to land him in the first place. Is anyone else getting worried about Marcus Washington though? I'm wondering if Fletcher wasn't an insurance policy if #53 is slow to return from 2 recent surgeries. Thoughts?

We got a big cap hit coming from Marcus Washington next year. If his surgery recovery hasn't gone 100% so far, he will be cut before June 1. That's less than two months.

We got a big cap hit coming from Marcus Washington next year. If his surgery recovery hasn't gone 100% so far, he will be cut before June 1. That's less than two months.

Damn, I hope he's back to 100%. the guy is such an emotional spark-plug for our team. I love the guy man. Get better soon #53!

Redskins Won't Part With McIntosh

By Howard Bryant

Washington Post Staff Writer

Wednesday, April 4, 2007; Page E03

The Washington Redskins' refusal to part with Rocky McIntosh may have stalled the team's proposed trade with Chicago for linebacker Lance Briggs, but at the same time sent the strongest signal yet that the 24-year-old linebacker may be an important part of the long-term plan after all.

The Redskins offered their sixth overall pick in the April 28-29 draft for Briggs and Chicago's 31st pick; the Bears countered by asking that McIntosh be part of the deal.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/03/AR2007040301321.html

This is good news. We can't complain about how our offseason has gone so far, well some will always, but I can't. I think this means we are back in the drivers seat and we can only hope that our draft is going to follow, and in turn our season will be better as well.

Here's something I usually don't have the pleasure saying: Good move FO. We can't give up on Rocky just yet. Kid could be a monster with a little bit more coaching. I'd rather save our $ for the 6th pick, Taylor, Cooley, picks from 08, and a possible FA signing next offseason.

Archived