Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If the Bears counter offer is the 6th overall pick for Briggs

ImmortalDragon

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

That trade would help no one. The Redskins would get a linebacker but would leave themselves with no first day picks and the Bears would have the No. 6 pick and nobody to draft with the pick. The Bears do not want a pick that high cause they don't want to pay anybody that much money. And if Briggs was a stud NFL D-lineman then maybe but no way they would do this.

I think that if the Bears make this offer, then the Skins FO will laugh the all the way back to Chi-town.

Exactly, that would be nuts. We should be the ones asking for a little more, especially with the contract he will immediately get. Let them get a better deal from someone else.

They better decline it. No way in hell is Briggs worth the #6 pick in the draft. The bears would lucky to get first round value considering he's willing to sit out and doesn't want to be in Chicago.

That is what I was thinking, the Bears are acting like they have the negotiating advantage, when their player is threatening to sit out. Then again, maybe our FO is just weak and is not capable of taking the advantage. :yes:

Heck the majority of fans and local media is against a swap of first rounders and bringing briggs in when the money can be better used elsewhere.

They aren't that stupid to give up the 6th overall for him and think they could sell the move to the fans and media

Not gonna happen. I can see them countering with the #37 pick instead of the #31 pick, or maybe they want Rocky. Now I hear they are waiting until Monday. Thisis after they said they would answer back this weekend. Screw the Bears and Angelo. I'd like to see this trade die now.

I haven't commented on the Lance Briggs Trade debacle until now, but I think it's finally time to do so.

Making this trade would be an absolute disaster. Regardless of whether it's Briggs and the #31 pick for #6 ;or Briggs for #6; or Briggs and Chicago's entire draft for #6.

The reason for this is very simple.... LANCE BRIGGS IS A LINEBACKER, NOT A DEFENSIVE LINEMAN.

If this trade was being suggested for a Pro-Bowl caliber Defensive Tackle, I would be all over it. Even if the trade was a straight-up #6 for (Name of DT) deal. Unfortunately, Briggs is a Linebacker, a position where we don't have a massive need. Especially since we've already spent a ton of money on a Linebacker this offseason without doing anything to upgrade our D-Line.

I would rather take the chance on a D-Lineman at #6 than to trade the pick for a player at a position where we have no significant need.

IF this trade is consumated, in any manner, it will do nothing more than add another player I cannot and will not root for to the roster.

The reason for this is very simple.... LANCE BRIGGS IS A LINEBACKER, NOT A DEFENSIVE LINEMAN.

IF this trade is consumated, in any manner, it will do nothing more than add another player I cannot and will not root for to the roster.

There are still too many people on this board who do not understand basics of defense. They don't understand the concept of defensive lineman:

a) pressuring the QB

B) keeping big bodies of of linebackers.

Those who do understand try and basically argue that Greg Williams defense doesn't require good d line play :doh:

I am not saying I am for the trade or against it. I think in the end we will end up trading our 6th overall and a 2nd or 3rd round pick in 2008 to the Bears for Briggs and their 31st overall, which I think is too much. JMO.

There are still too many people on this board who do not understand basics of defense. They don't understand the concept of defensive lineman:

a) pressuring the QB

B) keeping big bodies of of linebackers.

Those who do understand try and basically argue that Greg Williams defense doesn't require good d line play :doh:

GW requires great line play against the run and will go blitz crazy to get to the QB as long as the line can stop the run and he has a healthy secondary. Look at the 2005 defense as an example.

People who support this trade or the trade up for Calvin Johnson crowd are arguing that if the D-Line can stay healthy, Andre Carter play all year like he did the last six games of last year, with the signing of Fletcher and added depth in the DB backfield we should be able to regain the 2005 form. Thus affording us the ability to go after the "sexy" pick or splashy trade scenerio.

Interesting Briggs article...Skins contact former Bear's DC to get his opinion on Briggs as a player and person.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/322014,CST-SPT-bear01.article

Turns out both teams are still doing their homework. Washington coaches called former Bears defensive coordinator Ron Rivera on Friday to get his take on Briggs as a player and a person. Rivera, the San Diego Chargers' new linebackers coach, gave Briggs a positive review.

I think the Skins would definately decline that. I don't think the Skins have been quite as frivolous with draft picks as some people do, granted their record isn't great, but I don't think they've thrown away any picks that have gone on to be great players yet.

']The Bears don't have to have anyone to draft at number 6. They trade down and get even more picks. But I don't see the Redskins doing this.

I see them trading the 6th pick for at least 2 other picks and then in 3 yeaRS continue to dominate as these guys take over starting positions

There's no way the skins want to draft at 6. They've made it obvious of this. They want to trade down to get in the bottom half of the first round and get either 2 picks or a good def player and a first rounder for their 6th pick. I was really hoping the deal with the skins and the texans would go down.

Archived