Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TMNT review

Spaceman Spiff

I know there's a TMNT thread but I can't find it when I search...

Anyway, this movie was horrible. No Shredder, no Bebop, no Rocksteady, no Baxter Stockman, no Krang...April O'Neil wasn't even a reporter. The storyline was weak, the jokes were lame.

The CGI was good, the fighting scenes were pretty cool. I'm glad I only saw it last night for 5 bucks. Had I spent the full 10 or so on it, I'd be really pissed.

The original TMNT from 1990 is actually very very good.

I think your exaggerating "very very good" huh? Thats the perfect example of how something you love can turn into some **** when it hits the big screen. Raphael used to be my favorite the jokester, then I see the move hes a violent rebel with a potty mouth "damn".

Kinda like the Super Mario Bros. movie, that was just weird.

I think it depends on what you went looking for. If you were looking for it to rehash old memories, then yes, it will disappoint. But I think that the things you're complaining about are moreso wishing it would have brought back memories from the old school movies. I mean the whole thing about April not being a reporter threw me off. But overall, I felt that the movie had very good animation and fight scenes. Also, the story line wasn't really that bad. The jokes were a little cheesy, some were funny ... but let's be serious here, the joke in the original TMNT movies weren't the top of the line comedy.

Edit: I agree with Doyler, the story did leave something to be desired, but I think that they also left it a bit more open so that they could do another movie in the future. Still, I don't feel like it was a horrible story.

I think it depends on what you went looking for. If you were looking for it to rehash old memories, then yes, it will disappoint. But I think that the things you're complaining about are moreso wishing it would have brought back memories from the old school movies. I mean the whole thing about April not being a reporter threw me off. But overall, I felt that the movie had very good animation and fight scenes. Also, the story line wasn't really that bad. The jokes were a little cheesy, some were funny ... but let's be serious here, the joke in the original TMNT movies weren't the top of the line comedy.

I hear ya on some of it. But seriously, how pissed were you to find out there was Foot Clan but no Shredder?

I hear ya on some of it. But seriously, how pissed were you to find out there was Foot Clan but no Shredder?

You know, honestly, I wasn't that upset. And also, like I said, they seemed to have left the story open, and very subtly mentioned that the turtles could encounter Shredder. But I didn't have a problem with Shredder not being there. I was actually sort of glad they decided to do something different. Most movies would fall back on what was popular hoping to get some cheap audience members. It's more risky for them to divert from the Bebop, Rock Steady, Shredder triumvirate, that was so popular in the late 80's.

You know, honestly, I wasn't that upset. And also, like I said, they seemed to have left the story open, and very subtly mentioned that the turtles could encounter Shredder. But I didn't have a problem with Shredder not being there. I was actually sort of glad they decided to do something different. Most movies would fall back on what was popular hoping to get some cheap audience members. It's more risky for them to divert from the Bebop, Rock Steady, Shredder triumvirate, that was so popular in the late 80's.

I hear where you're coming from, but shredder alone would have been cool. I'd have been alright without Bebop and Rocksteady....I was just looking forward to seeing Shredder on some cool ass CGI action.

Didn't they rid of the Shred back when the movies were in boom? With acid or something? I remember something green.

that was the ooze. the same ooze that mutated the turtles, shredder took to become super shredder, but he was angry and tore down a bunch of support pillars and killed himself.

I hear where you're coming from, but shredder alone would have been cool. I'd have been alright without Bebop and Rocksteady....I was just looking forward to seeing Shredder on some cool ass CGI action.

someone else who saw the movie told me that this movie was supposed to come chronologically after the first movies, so the shredder would already be dead.

Archived