Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mort on NFL Live: 'Skins and Bears are now talking...

wilbur58z

Mort said the Bears were sort of upset the 'Skins were talking in the media before formal talks between the teams began.

But he said the two sides are now officially talking....

#6 for Briggs and #31.

Schlereth says this would be a great deal for the Redskins. He thinks getting a Pro Bowl LB like Briggs and still keeping a 1st rounder is big time for the 'Skins.

Mort just said on SC that there is no deal and that this has all been fabricated by Rosenhaus. This deal will not happen. I'm happy.

Mort just said that the Bears were "not interested" according to the brief discussion that was had today. And the Bears are not happy "we" (Drew Rosenhaus apparently is a Redskin now) "handled this thing the way we did."

Doesn't look like its going down according to Mort...lets move on. :rolleyes:

As much as I don't like this move I hate the posturing and the dramatics even more. These types of deals turn into a circus.

imagine if we did this trade for Briggs and the 31st and then traded for Dwight Feeney lol.. a lot of money but imagine the defense.

He is undersized and a turf guy.

The move that would make sense is stand pat clear cap room and snag UFA Julius Peppers in 2008 if we draft a DT

It was funny b/c on Sportscenter and Rosenhaus comes on (before Mort) and basically says well the Redskins made the offer and the Bears have a great opportunity....blah, blah

Then Mort comes on and says the Skins and Bears met briefly and basically said that Rosenhaus was full of BS (then he went on about what I relayed earlier).

Rosenhaus is the Devil!!! JK, I hope we can still either get 2 players for our 1 or something, b/c belive it or not, 1 pick at #6 isn't going to turn us around. I would be suprised to even see our #1 pick starting at the beginning of the year anyway, so what kind of impact would he really be for us.

Pick number six should be about building the defensive line into a force as we see on teams like the Bears.

This immediate impact thing is nice but its foolish to think that should be the main point when it comes to getting a player.

There isn't one player on the Redskins defensive line worth a 1st, 2nd or 3rd round pick but they are paid like they are all pro.

Beat me to it. Looks like this may be for real... I love and respect Mort.

Me too. Him and maybe one or two other guys are the only guys that I would actually listen into. He is a former member of the league, so he has his inside information. And unlike Adam Schefter, who is always right but is also very ****y at the same time, Mort maintains a level of respectability alongside his reliability.

All the more reason to make them sweat.

If they want Quinn and he's sitting there at 6 when we are on the clock, I have little doubt we can get more than Lance Briggs and #31 out of them.

Wait Snyder/Gibbs. Just wait. Don't do this now.

'

Thats exactly what we need to do :applause: :applause: .

I once saw someone on here say something to the effect of "Before the draft, the first round pick is like a shiny new 2007 chevrolet . On draft day, that pick turns into a shiny new Lamborgini.

LETZ GO HOYAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived