Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some "Redskins are Interested in...." Perspective

armada58

Alright, alright. After my initial reaction to the Lance Briggs rumor, which was something along the lines of "ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME!! PLEASE GOD, NO!!!", I took a deep breath and put it into perspective with all of the other rumblings & grumblings that have been thrown around by the media this offseason.

We were supposedly the front runners for Nate Clements............. he never visited.

We were supposed to be hot for Adalius Thomas............. he never visitied.

We were in serious talks with The Jets for Jonathon Vilma............... Danny never even picked up the phone.

We attended Jamarcus Russell's Workout and were rumored to be trying to move up for him............. no truth to that one.

We attended Calvin Johnson's Workout and were rumored to be trying to move up for him............. no truth to that one either.

Should I even open the box labeled "Portis Trade Rumors"?? What about the box labeled "Betts Trade Rumors"??

The moral of the story here is, don't get all crazy about the Briggs thing until we see something concrete. Until then, I will throw this one on the pile of all the other rumors of the 2007 offseason. Agents use The Redskins to drive up the value of their players. WE KNOW THIS!! Just happened this month with Leonard Davis. Until someone other than Drew Rosenhaus and "un-named sources within the organization" is the primary source for this story, lets keep our heads and keep the story in its proper perspective.

Alright, alright. After my initial reaction to the Lance Briggs rumor, which was something along the lines of "ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME!! PLEASE GOD, NO!!!", I took a deep breath and put it into perspective with all of the other rumblings & grumblings that have been thrown around by the media this offseason.

We were supposedly the front runners for Nate Clements............. he never visited.

We were in serious talks with The Jets for Jonathon Vilma............... Danny never even picked up the phone.

We attended Jamarcus Russell's Workout and were rumored to be trying to move up for him............. no truth to that one.

We attended Calvin Johnson's Workout and were rumored to be trying to move up for him............. no truth to that one either.

Should I even open the box labeled "Portis Trade Rumors"?? What about the box labeled "Betts Trade Rumors"??

The moral of the story here is, don't get all crazy about the Briggs thing until we see something concrete. Until then, I will throw this one the pile of all the other rumors of the 2007 offseason. Agents use The Redskins to drive up the value of their players. WE KNOW THIS!! Just happened this month with Leonard Davis. Until someone other than Drew Rosenhaus and "un-named sources within the organization" is the primary source for this story, lets keep our heads and keep the story in its proper perspective.

Thank you. geez!!!!! everybody's got their panty's in a bunch. creating new threads about absolutely nothing. Man, some of these so-called fans should just keep their opinions to themselves until the deal is made. honestly, we just want facts

This signing would be, imho, a huge mistake. We need to address the D-line, or corner or safety. We don't need a LB right now. What the hell would we do with Rocky? You remember him, the guy we gave up draft picks for so we could move up 3 spots to get him.

As usual, Snyder and his cohort of yes-men are destroying this franchise.

This signing would be, imho, a huge mistake. We need to address the D-line, or corner or safety. We don't need a LB right now. What the hell would we do with Rocky? You remember him, the guy we gave up draft picks for so we could move up 3 spots to get him.

Hey Sol ... your friend is out of control. :)

The point of the thread was, I thought, to treat this rumor for what it is............. an Agent Induced Rumor.

You're going ballistic on The Redskins for something they haven't done based on Drew Rosenhaus' usage of the media. This rumor has no validity at the moment (I write that at 10:45 AM on Tuesday). There's no reason to treat it with any respect. Save your venom for something that actually happens.

The point of the thread was, I thought, to treat this rumor for what it is............. an Agent Induced Rumor.

You're going ballistic on The Redskins for something they haven't done based on Drew Rosenhaus' usage of the media. This rumor has no validity at the moment (I write that at 10:45 AM on Tuesday). There's no reason to treat it with any respect. Save your venom for something that actually happens.

Well, I think it's a little beyond the preliminary rumor stage, based upon the Pastabelly article on ESPN. They've got 3 confirmed sources, so they obviously felt comfortable backing it. Now, I know that ESPN is not known for their journalistic integrity, but I think we need to take this "rumor" a little more seriously than normal. And, thanks for the advice Armada, but I'll use my venom as I see fit:)

The moral of the story here is, don't get all crazy about the Briggs thing until we see something concrete. Until then, I will throw this one on the pile of all the other rumors of the 2007 offseason. Agents use The Redskins to drive up the value of their players. WE KNOW THIS!! Just happened this month with Leonard Davis. Until someone other than Drew Rosenhaus and "un-named sources within the organization" is the primary source for this story, lets keep our heads and keep the story in its proper perspective.

This is THE BEST BRIGGS post all day. thank you:applause:

I'm pretty sure that the Redskins weren't hot for Adalius Thomas. Not sure where you picked that up from.

And until the draft is over.... I'm not sure you can dismiss the Russell and Johnson rumors.

Apparently, the Redskins WERE hot for London Fletcher... and that turned out to be true. And the same could be said for Fred Smoot.

I still say that we as fans don't know what is going on behind closed doors. If we sign Briggs, who is to say that the FO doesn't already have a plan to move up in the draft to still be able to pick the player that we want? We only get limited public information, not all information.

Briggs is a young, talented LB and if we could have him, move back up in the draft without having to give up next years #1, then I just don't see how this could be so horrible.

Dont forget we were suppose to trade for Dre Bly.

You're right! How in the world did I forget the Dre Bly rumors?? The Dre Bly situation is virtually identical to this one (disgruntled player, draft picks, contract extensions, etc.). In the end, nothing happened.

I am hoping you're right.

You don't tie up a billion dollars in your linebacking corps when you have one of the worst d-lines in the league. Have we learned nothing from ignoring the d-line in the draft for a decade now?

I still say that we as fans don't know what is going on behind closed doors. If we sign Briggs, who is to say that the FO doesn't already have a plan to move up in the draft to still be able to pick the player that we want? We only get limited public information, not all information.

Briggs is a young, talented LB and if we could have him, move back up in the draft without having to give up next years #1, then I just don't see how this could be so horrible.

I agree 100%:applause: :applause: :cheers:

Because, we cannot assume the FO has a plan...not by any means, please see the Archuleta, Lloyd and Duckett trades as evidence.

Archived