Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adam Schefter: possible skins/bears trade.

skins84

The only logic I can see to this trade, and it's not much. Is that Marcus' cap hit will be high next season and he will be, what? 30? So they bring Briggs in this year, have superb depth at linebacker, knowing that Marcus just had surgery. And then cut Marcus (one of the free-agents we signed that actually played up to his contract) next season.

It looks to be true;

"When asked about such an offer Redskins owner Dan Snyder confirmed to FOXSports.com that he in fact wanted to make the move and they were waiting to talk to Chicago. In fact, Snyder spent a couple of minutes talking to Briggs, who showed up with Rosenhaus at the meeting"

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6613558

Its true. We offered the deal. NOT Chicago: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Redskins | Team offers No. 6 overall pick for Briggs

Mon, 26 Mar 2007 18:10:10 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Washington Redskins have offered the No. 6 overall pick to the Chicago Bears for LB Lance Briggs and the No. 31 overall pick, according to agent Drew Rosenhaus.

It looks to be true;

"When asked about such an offer Redskins owner Dan Snyder confirmed to FOXSports.com that he in fact wanted to make the move and they were waiting to talk to Chicago. In fact, Snyder spent a couple of minutes talking to Briggs, who showed up with Rosenhaus at the meeting"

:doh:

Only Danny Boy . . .

Are you guys serious? What was the point of trading up for Rocky? We are fine at weak-side backer. If Rocky doesn't pan out, we know Lemar will hold it down. A big HELL-NO to this trade. He'll get his pay-day and we'll lose out on the opportunity to add some young talent with that #6 pick.

You perfectly summed up why we shouldn't do this Diggs . . . There is no need to drop THAT many spots and acquire a player in which we have a surplus of. Furthermore, Rocky, who is a YOUNG player who shows potential, can play. If not, like Diggs said, Marshall can fit in just fine.

It makes you wonder how Marcus Washington's rehab is coming along. I know we wouldn't do this unless we really felt that it would help our team. I know Briggs is in his prime and we need some young nasty linebackers and we would have them w/ Rocky and Briggs. I just hope this doesn't mean that Washington's rehab isn't going well.

If they throw in a second or 3rd rounder im definantly in. I dont see why there is critisizm about a guy like Briggs. Yeah we knew Archuleta had coverage issues when he got here, and i doubt anyone in here thought he was worth anywhere near the money that we had paid him. But Briggs can do it all. Hes worth it. But at the same time, id rather have our draft pick

Are you guys serious? What was the point of trading up for Rocky? We are fine at weak-side backer. If Rocky doesn't pan out, we know Lemar will hold it down. A big HELL-NO to this trade. He'll get his pay-day and we'll lose out on the opportunity to add some young talent with that #6 pick.

I agree with you. We traded up to get Rocky and now we consider a deal like this? I know the Bears want to deal Briggs but we'd be giving up way to much.

It looks to be true;

i can see haus now if the 9ers paid that much for clements this is snyder ill be able to get at least 100 million out of him

if the bears want to throw in maybe a 2nd and 3rd round pick sure i'll do it. Then we can draft 2 dlineman and an offensive lineman with our top 3 picks. But other than that, Briggs is a good player, but doesn't seem to care much about his team, as long as he's getting paid. (which a 1 year 8 million dollar deal or whatever his franchise tender is for) is not enough, i know he wants a long term deal with a huge signing bonus, which snyder will deffanettly give him.

Snyder and football operations man Vinny Cerato left to find head coach Joe Gibbs regarding the deal. But before leaving Rosenhaus informed Cerato that he in fact spoke with the Bears and they were waiting an official call from the Redskins.

hopefully gibbs says no way

Oldskool, you said it right!! We jacked up the AA deal and you can't blame him for taking the money. If Gregg Williams faults again and Briggs doesn't pan out, then Snyder should fire his ass!!

If this plays out like you have stated then Snyder should fire his OWN ass!!!

We DO NOT NEED LANCE BRIGGS. Plain and simple guys. For those of you who would welcome this trade, please think about it. Essentially, we are giving up on Rocky, and therefore getting NO value for those draft picks we gave up. We will be giving Lance a huge payday, thus limiting our chances of keeping guys like Cooley around next year, AND signing our draft picks this year . . . I'd much rather have a dominant defensive end, or a run-stuffing DT than Briggs . . . he is good, no question about it. But damn, just because he is good doesn't mean he should be with the Skins.

Dan+$$$$$+ Young stud linebacker looking to get his market value before he is over the hill in NFL terms= match made in heaven for both sides. I just hope that M. Washington is able to recover, b/c this could be alot to do w/ Marcus and his $$$$$$ along w/ his injury from last year.

Archived