Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adam Schefter: possible skins/bears trade.

skins84

But Lincoln Kennedy was an offensive right tackle.

Exactly why I posted earlier why certain people shouldn't try to talk like they know football Snailplow . . . People are thinking that we can just fit this guy in . . . that his large number of tackles are solely because of him . . . that we can easily switch to a 3-4 defense . . . gosh. It's rather frustrating actually.

I haven't read every page in this thread, but would this trade really be that bad?

We turn one pick (#6), into essentially two upper tier players on defense. One, a proven pro-bowl player in the prime of his career (Briggs) and another potential high-grade player at #31. If we use #31 on a quality DT or DE, we essentially get pretty good value for the #6.

I'm not an expert, but I believe historically you can get very good quality DT or DE at #31. A LB corp of Rocky, Fletcher and Briggs, with Washington and Marshall is a pretty strong group. Back that up with a solid DT or DE addition at #31 and you have made a significant impact on defense - more than you could with just the #6 pick (especially since there is no suprerior defensive pick in this draft).

THATS WHAT I SAID!! its nice to know there are 2 people who have some sort of realistic view of the situation. Everybody has turned this #6 pick in to the chance to draft the next messiah at DL. All the scouting reports you can read online have said that DL is deep and that no one guy is truly head and shoulders above anyone you could get in the late 1st/ early 2nd.

{I am having dreams of Carriker falling in to our lap at 31 hahaha}

Mort was just on NFL Live , said that the deal is on the table and the Bears are holding up a little , said they are a little upset that the deal was out in the media before the two teams even talked , then said at least they are talking and to stay tuned , the offer is the same that we already new about

Archived