Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it worth it to draft UP to get CJ?

mistertim

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

No absolutely NO!! We dont have a need for him. He may be the best player in the draft or whatever. But i just dont see us going after him. We have playmakers already and plenty of them. He would be just another rookie riding the bench.
RIDE the BENCH, Westbrook didnt even ride the bench. I hear Saints might lose Grant to the Bucs for 2 #1's in which the Saints would have no use for CJ and would have to replace the DE or take a CB at #4. IF that holds true CJ could FALL to us, BUT Id see the Vikes at that point move up to take him AND the Saints would still be able to accomplish that in addition to picking up yet another pick.

Foprget CJ ... its hopeless ... get used to the fact that the Skins will have to defend against him for the next 10 years.

unless he busts out, breaks his leg and is never the same again. We already have a #1 game breaking wide receiver in Santana Moss. He is electric when he gets the ball. People forget this, go watch some 2005 highlights, the man is a money PRO BOWL wide reciever. We need a solid #2, not another #1

Foprget CJ ... its hopeless ... get used to the fact that the Skins will have to defend against him for the next 10 years.

True so we should build a defensive line that will pressure a team like tampa who might draft him and free up players to double team him

:doh: Come on. Why would you even ask such a question? Why would you waste everyone's time with this? Really? Are you really interested in something that is clearly asinine and makes so little sense? Why even bring something like this up? It's just....dumb! No rational human being with half a brain in his/her head would consider trading up when a) we have next to no picks, and B) WR is the LAST thing we need. So stop it!

Sorry to pick on you, but some of these threads in the past month or two are killing me.

Just stop unless you have something that can add to the site. All this ridiculous "trade such-and-such" and "pick up such-and-such" threads are really starting to get to me.

Whew! Ok, I'm done. Thanks for letting me vent. Have a nice day. :laugh:

:cheers:

The primary reason I would ask such a question and put it in a poll is the fact that this specific scenario has been tossed around for the past couple of days on ES. I'm sorry if you find it offensive, but I was simply interested in seeing what % of people would actually trade up to get the guy. No need for going after me personally, it was done without harm intended. I personally would like to pick up Anderson at #6 and you can see that in any of my posts on previous draft threads. However, I was curious who would advocate trading up since some were talking about it.

That being said, I wish you nice a nice day as well and as a Skins fan I'll always toast a beer with you.

:cheers:

It's too bad...

I would love to have Calvin, Cooley and Moss as the prime targets for Jason - that in conjunction with CP would be tremendous for obvious reasons. But, that's the price we have to pay for neglecting the D line and trading for Lloyd. Yes, I am fully aware of Montgomery and Golston. We need more help on the line and there really is no debating it IMO.

If we are going to rely on Daniels, Golston, Griffin and Carter as our starting D line for next year; I really believe we are doomed to repeat the 2006 season all over again - even with the addition of Fletch and Smoot:2cents:

What he said.

unless he busts out, breaks his leg and is never the same again. We already have a #1 game breaking wide receiver in Santana Moss. He is electric when he gets the ball. People forget this, go watch some 2005 highlights, the man is a money PRO BOWL wide reciever. We need a solid #2, not another #1

Have some more kool aid. Even in 2005, which was the best season of his career, Moss wasn't the #1 game breaking wide receiver (perhaps you've seen highlights of a similarly built guy playing for Carolina by the name of "Steve Smith"). Yes he's great...and a true #1 when healthy, but hell, if you can have two #1 caliber wide receivers why not do it.

But the cost to go up in the draft is just too much when we have so much other need. Pick him at 6, pass on drafting up.

This makes no sense as we are already set at WR, and really have nothing we can afford to lose to trade up with.

Are you kidding me? Set at WR? We're not even CLOSE to being set at WR. Lloyd is terrible. I was all for brining in Lloyd, but he just stank it up. Hell, Randle El didn't live up to the hype but he at least produced something. We don't have a possesion receiver. You need a possesion receiver to win you ball games. Look at the playoff teams last year. They all had receievers to move the chains. Some teams are fortunate and their number 1 is their big play AND possesion receiever (read: Chad Johnson, Marvin Harrison, hell, even Owens, etc.) I LOVE Santana, but he's not a possesion receiever. He's going to hit it big or miss - and that's ok for him!

Lloyd can't do ****. Randle el is fantastic - for a 3rd WR/slot WR/gadget player. We need that big man to be our possesion guy. And CJ is that guy - and a helluva lot more.

And no, Cooley is NOT our poss. receiever. Teams can take him and Santana out because they don't respect anyone else on our team.

NO. but if he is there at #6 than yes you have to draft him. He is going to be a playmaker. I tired of hearing we are set a WR.

We are not set a WR. All our WR'S are all 5' 10" or shorter. We can get a deep passing game because our WR'S can not out jump DB'S. I remember so many plays last year that if we had A big WR it would have been a TD. Moss is a special player, but the rest of them are trash and Santana needs help.

But we should not draft up to get him. But if he slips.......Take him.

Are you kidding me? Set at WR? We're not even CLOSE to being set at WR. Lloyd is terrible. I was all for brining in Lloyd, but he just stank it up. Hell, Randle El didn't live up to the hype but he at least produced something. We don't have a possesion receiver. You need a possesion receiver to win you ball games. Look at the playoff teams last year. They all had receievers to move the chains. Some teams are fortunate and their number 1 is their big play AND possesion receiever (read: Chad Johnson, Marvin Harrison, hell, even Owens, etc.) I LOVE Santana, but he's not a possesion receiever. He's going to hit it big or miss - and that's ok for him!

Lloyd can't do ****. Randle el is fantastic - for a 3rd WR/slot WR/gadget player. We need that big man to be our possesion guy. And CJ is that guy - and a helluva lot more.

And no, Cooley is NOT our poss. receiever. Teams can take him and Santana out because they don't respect anyone else on our team.

I agree. Read my response to this thread.

I do think CJ is going to be a beast. But this team has greater needs on the D-line or even at guard that need to be addressed.

In my eyes, the Redskins are not a rebulding team. If we were to draft by best available, then yes, take him in a heartbeat. However, since we need to draft by need to get back to the playoffs, I say no.

This team is one year removed from the postseason, not two or three.

How the hell are we not set at wr? Did anyone notice that mark frickin brunell was throwing to the sideline instead of a wr? Then we put in a qb who had zero real game experience throwing to 2 of 3 wr's who werent with the team the year.

Yet here i see people thinking with those situations that all our wr's should've made the pro bowl. Funny really, cause we have lots of talent at wr. This is like saying we should draft a rb which would be just as dumb as drafting the hype machine.

i would love to have him if he slips to the sixth pick, as far as trading up goes im not too fond of it but i wouldnt mind.

For people saying that out WR corps are "SET", they are not. Lloyd was horrible last year and you can sugar coat Rande El all you want but he wasnt faring much better. Combined they only had 716 yards receiving and a whopping 3 touchdowns. Just because there is money in a position doesnt mean that that particular position is set. I would like to have defense in the 1st round but i could understand why they would draft Calvin Johnson

Archived