Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it worth it to draft UP to get CJ?

mistertim

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

id say give whatever it takes. honestly. i dont care. make it happen.

"Whatever it takes" is my motto for getting CJ.

Ok well, if "whatever" means our first, moss, and portis, no, then not, but if it means draft picks, yes, whatever it takes. And get rid of B-Lloyd while we're at it,

"Whatever it takes" is my motto for getting CJ.

Ok well, if "whatever" means our first, moss, and portis, no, then not, but if it means draft picks, yes, whatever it takes. And get rid of B-Lloyd while we're at it,

Intelligent game plan there. Trade away all of meaningful picks next year to get 1 player, plus the 6 pick pick this year. No depth and we are shafted for a while to come. We won't get to a Superbowl that way. If we don't get to a Superbowl we are wasting the valuable time of our players. Take CJ at 6 if he is there, otherwise draft Landry or Anderson

man. like the espn analyst said. imagine campbell at qb. cooley at TE. ladell betts and clinton at back. cj, moss and randell el. with our Oline. all chemisty happening in saunders 300 page playbook. man i woiuld move up for cj offensive player. just cuzz somehow i have confidence in fletcher that he will call the right audbiles. he will back up the weak dline. he will make this D that much better. much better.

No absolutely NO!! We dont have a need for him. He may be the best player in the draft or whatever. But i just dont see us going after him. We have playmakers already and plenty of them. He would be just another rookie riding the bench.

We don't have a need for him? That's absolutely a ridiculous comment. There isn't a team in the NFL that couldn't use a player like Johnson. You obviously haven't seen the guy play to make a comment like that. And you're last sentence is just ridiculous, as well. I GUARANTEE you this guy wouldn't ride the bench no matter WHERE he ends up! And save the "we don't need him, we need defense" thing. Yeah, I get it, our defense needs improvement. No kidding. But I also know a player like Calvin Johnson doesn't come along very often. And if he falls to us, we take him, no matter what are needs are. Period.

It's VERY tempting, but I don't think it's wise.

If we did that though, we could part ways with Patten and Lloyd in my opinion and have a corps of Moss, CJ, Randle-El, Thrash, and Espy.

I do think it's possible that CJ could put us over the top the way Colston put NO over the top!

Not that I am for drafting CJ over a DL or DE. But, we would pretty much certainly have to part ways with Patten and Lloyd just to be able to afford him.

CJ outstanding id be super happy to have that guy on this team, Big and Physical, oh yea that means run blocking as well, that would be nice. And what a dangerous deep threat he is. Hes gonna get all the attention in the red zone and thats where our little smurf WRs come in to play. We already dont have much picks and our Defense has no pass rushers, so drafting DE really wont make much of an impact that draftin CJ would on this offense. Its like this, if we draft a DE or DT, id still be HOPING that we will improve on Defense!!! But if we draft CJ, oh i know we gonna be dangerous on offense..

Have some more kool aid. Even in 2005, which was the best season of his career, Moss wasn't the #1 game breaking wide receiver (perhaps you've seen highlights of a similarly built guy playing for Carolina by the name of "Steve Smith"). Yes he's great...and a true #1 when healthy, but hell, if you can have two #1 caliber wide receivers why not do it.

But the cost to go up in the draft is just too much when we have so much other need. Pick him at 6, pass on drafting up.

Thank u!! Moss is nothing but a good #2 WR, he had one outstanding year and now hes back to his normal self. Really look at Santanas stats, what he did this past year is his normal output his whole career except '05. He is short and quick and he is a dangerous deep threat, who else do we have other than ARE who is nothin more than a slot WR. And again another short WR, that probably is no help in our run support. I kinda feel sorry for the Redskin Qbs sometimes, to drop back and cant find your little WRs because their so short and u have no big tower to turn to.. I mean what do u do then??

Yeah we better get him before Cowgirl, Feagles, Giants, get him. Could you imagine a T.O./Randy Moss player with out the headache. Its is a no brainer for me. We can stretch the field which will open up running lanes. Remember what happen when Jason Campbell start throwing bombs,defense had to worry about the pass. With CJ the Roy (I get burn alot)Williams can't sneak up with out a 6'5 230lb WR that can run a 4.35 get pass him. It will be awesome!!!!

This makes no sense as we are already set at WR, and really have nothing we can afford to lose to trade up with.

What about Springs? Lloyd?

Detroit may want Springs.. ya never know. Theyre only dropping a few spots.

I have a feeling these 2 players are on their way out of Redskins Park for not being team players AKA Redskins.

Depends on the price. I can't imagine saying yes or no without knowing what it would cost the team. It would be tough to do with only the one 1st day pick this year - we would probably have to give away a pick from next year's draft.

This year's 1 and next year's 1? No, too much.

This year's 1 and next year's 2? I'm thinking about it.

This year's 1 and next year's 3, as well as a 2nd day pick next season? Definately.

For anyone answering yes, you have to provide details on what you are willing to give up to get him, without that, this discussion is meaningless....

The only trade bait we've talked about currently is Springs, and right now that doesn't seem like a great option if you look at our CB situation. If we could lowball an offer to Detroit at #3….and they are willing to accept poor "value" (ie our #6 and some day 2 picks this year and next) than I'm fine….

But any of these are deal breakers for me:

Trading Springs

Trading Next Years #1

Trading Next Years #2

No absolutely NO!! We dont have a need for him. He may be the best player in the draft or whatever. But i just dont see us going after him. We have playmakers already and plenty of them. He would be just another rookie riding the bench.

Name our #2 WR - ______ _______

As for CJ EVER riding the pine, you must be kidding. Calvin Johnson will make the same impact as Randy Moss did in his rookie year, only CJ will do it minus the tude and nonsense.

Archived