Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it worth it to draft UP to get CJ?

mistertim

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Mortgage the freakin farm ... but get him! With CJ the Skins will instantly become a media FAVORITE!

It's a secondary point to the point in hand. But yeah one thing from a FAN standpoint will be that the media types would be all over hyping this guy -- and if our offense explodes with all our weapons then Campbell gets hyped too as a stud QB. From a pure hype standpoint, I can't think of anything bigger that we can do. Makes me think Snyder is salivating at that thought.

I would hope that With Calvin Johnson our teams

A. Run game gets more yardage by bringing a safety and corner deep and allowing CJ to bring the heat away from the middle.

B. Cooley gets involved more

C. Teams would have to pick their poison on which receiver to double cover. (thought that would happen with Lloyd though)

D. Keeps the Defense off the field for longer periods of time

E. Brandon Lloyd can throw his helmet further since he wont be needing it on the bench.

So I would trade our first, third and sixth next year(do we still have all them?) and possibly trade lifetime tickets to six flags

In reality though, Our next years first and Brandon Lloyd for Detriots third pick assumming he is still around at that point

i think it is very reasonable to believe that we would move to get cj... gibbs is an offensive guy, since he has been back we have not taken someone on offense with our first pick ( st, cr, rm). campbell was the only pick for gibbs in the first, and we traded up to get him. if gibbs likes cj enough he will move up to get him just like he did for jason.

This makes no sense as we are already set at WR, and really have nothing we can afford to lose to trade up with.

What are you people talking about? Do you even follow the Redskins? Of course there is a need. Do you know who the Smurfs are? It refers the wide recievers we have that are under 6 ft. Moss is awesome and other teams know that. So they bracket him. That means they essentially double team him. Brandon Lloyd has been a huge bust. ARE has be great but is another WR under 6 ft. In the redzone, we have no WR that he can just throw the ball up to go get it. CJ is 6'5 and runs a 4.3. Teams will no longer be able to double team Moss any more. Both Moss and CJ will be in one-on-one situations and that is a very very favorable position to be in. ARE is a solid No. 3 WR. There is definitely a need. DL line is the most important need but tall WR has always been a need.

calvin johnson type guys dont come around that often, if we have a chance to get him you got to do anything you can to get him. he would help the defense too, by keeping them off the field longer.

I forgot to add that....thanks Hokieskins1. With a offensive built to succeed we will have less of those awful awful 3 and outs that this offense is so prone to having. That actually helps the D. They know that once they get a critical stop, WE WILL go down the field and score. D is automatically better. Mind you, we have a already made great improvements on the D in getting Fletcher and Smoot and well still have picks in the later rounds to address the OG position and possibly DL. CJ makes this team better on BOTH sides of the ball.

I forgot to add that....thanks Hokieskins1. With a offensive built to succeed we will have less of those awful awful 3 and outs that this offense is so prone to having. That actually helps the D. They know that once they get a critical stop, WE WILL go down the field and score. D is automatically better. Mind you, we have a already made great improvements on the D in getting Fletcher and Smoot and well still have picks in the later rounds to address the OG position and possibly DL. CJ makes this team better on BOTH sides of the ball.

:cheers:

It depends what we are giving up. I would be willing to give the #6 and next years 1st rnd pick for #2 or #3 and that teams 2nd rnd pick in 2008. Basically allowing them to move up from the 2nd to the 1st next year and we move up this year. CJ would absolutly be worth that.

It depends what we are giving up. I would be willing to give the #6 and next years 1st rnd pick for #2 or #3 and that teams 2nd rnd pick in 2008. Basically allowing them to move up from the 2nd to the 1st next year and we move up this year. CJ would absolutly be worth that.

To anyone who thinks we can recoup later picks if we make this deal are flat-out crazy. Here's why:

1) To trade up, the other team would have the leverage so we would have to give them what they want.

2) Our FO are the worst trade negotiators, so there is no chance we squeeze something good out of another FO.

3) No team is going to trade any other pick other than the the pick in question. We are the ones that will give up our first this and next year, etc. They will not surrender any more picks to us so we can move up.

We could always use future picks. Especially since the Lions have come out and said that they have a strong desire to move down. Normally, I would not be in favor of trading away future picks, but a player of CJ's quality does not come around every year.

I'd be willing to give up our 1st round pick, Lloyd, Springs and our 1st and 3rd round picks next year maybe the 4th as well. CJ will make that much difference I am confident in that fact

If the Skins did that, I'd be killing them for it. They can have Springs and Lloyd, but not a future 1, 3, and 4 to move up a couple spots.

Here's what Gibbs has said so far in various forms.

We want to keep our future picks.

CP will be a part of this team next year (in so many words).

It's easier for us to move UP in the draft than DOWN.

That last part I don't get. If we don't trade futures and we don't trade CP, what can we trade to move up? JC?? Maybe this talking about CJ is a ruse because we really want JaMarcus Russell?? Could Betts be trade bait for a move up?

Maybe this talk about Briggs is just to get a team we're hoping to trade up with anxious that the 6th pick will be gone forcing their hand??

I just don't see any "easy" way to trade up without giving up futures or CP.

Hail,

H

If the Skins did that, I'd be killing them for it. They can have Springs and Lloyd, but not a future 1, 3, and 4 to move up a couple spots.

Here's what Gibbs has said so far in various forms.

We want to keep our future picks.

CP will be a part of this team next year (in so many words).

It's easier for us to move UP in the draft than DOWN.

H

Gibbs says a lot of things, I for one am done with listening to a word he says, it's usually not even close to what they actually do. Keep our future picks. LOL. . Ramsey is our QB, and AA is a part of the future. We should make a list of things he has said.

I think that would could get CJ and a maybe a later round pick if we trade our #6 and #1 next year and trade B. Lloyd for this years 2nd or 3rd pick.

Its starting look like the coaches have faith in Montgomery and Golston so maybe they dont feel the need to draft a DL at all. But I would love to have CJ but at what cost.

If we dont get him then I would love to get Amobi Okoye if we do end up picking a DL.

What ya'll think.

calvin johnson type guys dont come around that often, if we have a chance to get him you got to do anything you can to get him. he would help the defense too, by keeping them off the field longer.

Every year we hear about the guy that "is the best at his position in forever" in the draft. CJ seems really strong, but so did Ryan Leaf. Most of it is media hype. I don't know if CJ will really make us that much better, but if it means B-Lloyd will be recording his horrible rap in another city I'm all for it.

:eaglesuck

I think Calvin is the real deal but I definitely would not move up to get him. With that said I'd rather move up to get CJ then make the Lance Briggs trade.

:dallasuck

I completely agree with that. I'd rather take my chances with CJ than Briggs. But me personally I'd rather us trade down a couple of picks and get a 2nd rd. pick and/or a 3rd. rd. pick and take Okoye and get Meriweather out of Miami that addresses 2 spots on the defense.

Archived