Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Player Introductions

CRT3

While I love a team concept the individual intros are so much more fun and tend to amp up the crowd. Where are the days when the Special Teams units are introduced. Used to be such a highlight at RFK when they did this. Anybody have any thoughts on this? Can we inspire a change in our teams attitude to do this? :point2sky

I like individual as well..We use to do it when Spurrier was here..I dont mind the team coming out together, but I did use to like the individual.

>> I also like it when the other teams introduces their guys one-by-one and we boo them, with the stars getting the biggest boos of all.... :laugh:

RFK FEDEX: "That pic of Kramdizzle's was shot during the player intros. I can tell by the formation of the cheerleaders and the number of empty seats several minutes b/f kickoff. There was an intro thread going around here today."

had to post it over here as well

rfkfoot700.jpg

funny story......

took my girl to the Giants game a couple years ago, we were doing individual intros at the time....

Smoot comes out to a resounding "Smoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot"......

My girl thinks he is getting booed so she turns to me and says "Why do we hate him?".......

I now say that every time I see Smoot come out of the tunnel......hilarious

funny story......

took my girl to the Giants game a couple years ago, we were doing individual intros at the time....

Smoot comes out to a resounding "Smoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot"......

My girl thinks he is getting booed so she turns to me and says "Why do we hate him?".......

I now say that every time I see Smoot come out of the tunnel......hilarious

HAHA!! I did the same thing when i went to a panthers game when Muhammed was with them. Everyone was yelling "MOOOOOOOOSSSSSEEEEE!!!" I asked my friend "Why are they booing him?"

Player introductions don't make money for Danny. All they do is take away from advertisement time on the p.a. and minitrons.

C'mon, you know you'd rather hear Mark Kessler do a Popeye's promo in his fake ebonic accent than cheer an intro for "Coooooley!"

PS: just kidding, but I do believe that intros were scrapped b/c of commercialization.

The special teams' intro was a stroke of motivational genius. And I think it happened under George Allen. Special teams were largely an afterthought before Allen. Again, I'm going from memory, but I think he was the first to hire a full time special teams coach with the Redskins. Redskins fans quickly came to appreciate the importance of good special teams play more than most NFL fans.

When - not the offense, not the defense, but the SPECIAL TEAMS was first introduced to the RFK stadium crowd that day, the crowd went wild.

The special teams' intro was a stroke of motivational genius. And I think it happened under George Allen. Special teams were largely an afterthought before Allen. Again, I'm going from memory, but I think he was the first to hire a full time special teams coach with the Redskins. Redskins fans quickly came to appreciate the importance of good special teams play more than most NFL fans.

When - not the offense, not the defense, but the SPECIAL TEAMS was first introduced to the RFK stadium crowd that day, the crowd went wild.

And do you know who that ST coach was? They give him credit for being the 1st official ST coach. Dick Vermeil. :cry:

And do you know who that ST coach was? They give him credit for being the 1st official ST coach. Dick Vermeil. :cry:

Well it was actually Marv Levy with the Redskins. Allen did hire Dick Vermeil with the Rams as a ST coach.

So Allen was the first to hire a full time ST coach, only it was with the Rams, not the Redskins. He continued that practice with the Redskins and Levy.

So the second part of my story was wrong, but please don't let the facts get in the way of a good story. :silly:

Player introductions don't make money for Danny. All they do is take away from advertisement time on the p.a. and minitrons.

C'mon, you know you'd rather hear Mark Kessler do a Popeye's promo in his fake ebonic accent than cheer an intro for "Coooooley!"

PS: just kidding, but I do believe that intros were scrapped b/c of commercialization.

RFK, didn't the team intros start when Gibbs came back? I know the Patriots started the trend in their 2002 SB appearance.

I can't believe you're dissing Kessler.....don't you like him coming onto the field before the game and exhorting the 20,000 people who happen to be in the stands at the time to GET LOOOOOUUUUUDDD!

I can't believe you're dissing Kessler.....don't you like him coming onto the field before the game and exhorting the 20,000 people who happen to be in the stands at the time to GET LOOOOOUUUUUDDD!

20,000? come on man, no need to exagerate THAT much lol

But i hate the SOB, he has a girlie voice IMO and has no charisma, he just

doesnt get people involved well.

Archived