6. Washington - Adam Carriker

7. Minnesota - Jamaal Anderson

8. Houston - Adrien Peterson

9. Miami - Alan Branch

10. Atlanta - LaRon Landry

11. San Fransisco - Patrick Willis

12. Buffalo - Marshawn Lynch

13. St. Louis - Amobi Okoye

I don't really think we would have to take Carriker that high. I think we could trade down with somebody (Buffalo, Green Bay?), get some picks, and pick up Okoye or still possibly Carriker.

If Peterson is there at 6, we are trading that pick.

Yes indeedy.

I could see Buffalo or Houston willing to part with a 2nd to move up. We could still get Carriker or Anderson with that first and may get lucky with a DT like Tyler or Harrell slipping to us in the 2nd round.

The way I see it, it's more favorable to have Brady or JaMarcus at 6 than Peterson. Picks 7, 8, 9 (Minny, Houston, Miami) would want a QB. Minny may want a RB as well, but seem happy with Chester Taylor for now. Houston looks ok for now. Miami still has Ronnie Brown and the rights for Ricky Williams.

Buffalo and Green Bay would want a RB, but I'd rather not trade down as far.

"New Mock Drafts" are hilarious...as these idiots try to differentiate themselves and their draft strategy from the next idiot. It is interesting - but we all know that the Skins drafting that kid at no.6...is hilarious.

1) We would actually DRAFT Peterson if were unable to complete a draft-day trade to include additional picks.

2) We would draft Jamaal Anderson

3) We would draft Alan Branch

4) We would draft LaRon Landry

Do not hesitate to think...for one second...that Gibbs will not take the best player available at that time. Having either Branch, Landry, or J. Anderson...is not necessarily a BAD thing. You can always acquire GIRTH on the D-Line via Free Agency...and I would argue that they are drafting for the future...rather than for "winning now", for a change. LaRon Landry...is definitely a solid pick. He and Taylor...would be like (after a year or so)...Taylor and Dawkins - trust me.

I may not agree with this mock, but I cannot say that it's not at all possible. I would think we'd have Anderson and Branch rated higher than Carriker, but, I've read before that Carriker was in a system that didn't allow terrific stats for the DE, but played it without any complaints knowing that it could affect his draft status.

This may improve his ranking for us knowing that Gibbs definitely uses character as a major factor, although some may argue about Sean Taylor's issues.

I'd be completely shocked if we didn't use this pick on a defensive player. I don't see us using it on a LB or CB. Sure safety would be a nice upgrade, and Landry sounds like a solid pick, I just think d-line needs much more attention at this point.

It would be ideal to trade down and get a DE in the 1st, and a DT in the 2nd, but if that puts us in a situation of not getting the DE we really want, I'd rather stand pat and get what we feel is the best DE for our system.

I may not agree with this mock, but I cannot say that it's not at all possible. I would think we'd have Anderson and Branch rated higher than Carriker, but, I've read before that Carriker was in a system that didn't allow terrific stats for the DE, but played it without any complaints knowing that it could affect his draft status.

This may improve his ranking for us knowing that Gibbs definitely uses character as a major factor, although some may argue about Sean Taylor's issues.

I'd be completely shocked if we didn't use this pick on a defensive player. I don't see us using it on a LB or CB. Sure safety would be a nice upgrade, and Landry sounds like a solid pick, I just think d-line needs much more attention at this point.

It would be ideal to trade down and get a DE in the 1st, and a DT in the 2nd, but if that puts us in a situation of not getting the DE we really want, I'd rather stand pat and get what we feel is the best DE for our system.

i wonder just how far down we'd trade. the only thing i see happening is us trading down to either 7 8 or 9 because all 3 of those teams are looking at QBs. we might be able to trade down and STILL get jamal anderson fi were only dropping down a few spots. that would be ideal.

and we also need to trade shawn springs for a 3rd or 4th round pick. id love if we had a pick in every round except the 3rd or 4th.

Yes indeedy.

I could see Buffalo or Houston willing to part with a 2nd to move up. We could still get Carriker or Anderson with that first and may get lucky with a DT like Tyler or Harrell slipping to us in the 2nd round.

If we make a deal with Houston its quite likely that we wouldn't get Anderson, who I think is the best possible fit for our system. I say this because, barring Quinn being there, Minny would definitely pull the trigger and pick up Anderson. Carriker is going to be solid, but I really don't think he has the upside and potential that Anderson does.

You know, if he had us taking Peterson instead of Carriker at 6 it would make more sense to me. This guy is clueless.

I'm not fot NOT taking Carriker - just not at #6.

Wait ... What ?? Why is he crazy for not having you take a RB when you have arguably one of the best RB's in the game??? Not to mention you just signed Betts to a pretty hefty deal?

Portis - 8 Years, 50 Mill

Betts - 5 year, 11 Mill

Bush's contract last year [[Could be near what A-Pete could get]].... 6 year, 55 Mill.

That's 116 Million tied up in the Running back position alone.

Thats a lot.

I don't really think we would have to take Carriker that high. I think we could trade down with somebody (Buffalo, Green Bay?), get some picks, and pick up Okoye or still possibly Carriker.

Mel Kiper's latest mock draft on espn.com has Carricker going 19th overall to the Titans I believe. We could definitely trade down and still get Carricker. I think he'll go 12-20 depending on how things play out. If we traded down from 6th to say, 15th we should be able to get a 2nd rounder and more.

Archived