Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Top 10 Beat 'Em Up Video Games.

d0ublestr0ker0ll

1. Streets of Rage II (best music in a video game' date=' ever!)

2. Double Dragon II (they had the hurricane kick before street fighter[/quote']

Yuzo Koshiro (famous video game musician) did his best soundtrack on Streets of Rage II. Definitly awesome. Have it on my Ipod! :)

And DD 2 is better than DD 1. Nuff said.

I'm also starting to remember all the bad beat em ups... Like Fighting Force and The Bouncer and that 3-D Final Fight they made. Beat em ups should of stayed 2-D.

I forgot about Altered Beast though.

"Rise from your grave!"

come on, fighting force 64 was awesome.

I guess Contra doesn't count since there's no hand combat? I suppose thats only a side scrolling action game. Either way, with out a doubt that is my favorite cartridge game ever.

This list.. I'll have to give some love to River City Ransom. But my cartridge for the NES was messed up and I could NEVER enter the school! I got so angry every time I played, but never got to it. When I got the ROM for the p.c. I had no problem advancing into the school and beating the game. Weird.

TMNT was an awesome game too. I don't think I ever got that far (read: beaten it) in it though. Not being able to save games made it tough to beat a game like that back then.

Double Dragon is a classic. I love them both, but love the first one more because exploiting some bugs was awesome (like beating up the air in the second level to advance all the experience points).

Much...much...much love to X-Men too. They should be on a list, without a doubt. More so x-men than the simpsons. I pumped so many quarters into X-Men over the years, and the same with the Simpsons, but that just wasn't the same. The Simpsons was awesome, but in a different way.

There was a game I had on the Genesis system...Maximum Carnage I think it was. It was a spiderman/venom game that simply rocked! I wonder how easy it'd be to find a ROM of it.

Archived