Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your Favorite STEAK with a Red Wine

Mark The Homer

I make a nice grilled chipotle ribeye that huly likes... accompanied by steamed asparagus or broccoli and my roasted garlic baked potato

Now you know why I married him! :silly: :laugh:

It is very good! My dad gets jealous every time he cooks steak and my dad is not here!

lol.

my fave steak is any steak ;p

I goto Giant (its a grocery store for you out-of-towners) with my gf and search for anything on sale. Last night we made 2 14oz ny strips for 5 dollars.

Only problem is.. i'm not familiar with any other ways to make steak besides throw some salt, pepper and grilll seasoning on it and toss it on it a grill / skillet

If you like flank steak try making marinade with a little pineapple juice and soy sauce, hmmmmm soo good :)

if you want to make a real fillet do not use a grill, pan sear it for about 3 minutes then using an oven safe skillet put it in the oven for about 15 minutes, the perfect fillet :)

Last night we made 2 14oz ny strips for 5 dollars.

Only problem is.. i'm not familiar with any other ways to make steak besides throw some salt, pepper and grilll seasoning on it and toss it on it a grill / skillet

Try marinating for a couple hours in salt, pepper, olive oil, chopped garlic and some fresh rosemary. Also, Safeway has great deals on meat as well. My freezer is stocked with NY Strips from the last sale they had. :)

If you like flank steak try making marinade with a little pineapple juice and soy sauce, hmmmmm soo good :)

Why does nobody sell skirt steak around here? Flank steak is okay, but it doesn't hold a candle to skirt. :(

I make a nice grilled chipotle ribeye that huly likes... accompanied by steamed asparagus or broccoli and my roasted garlic baked potato

The NY strips you make, with the garlic baked potato is one of the best dinner's I've ever had.

Try grilling your asparagus. It comes out really good. Olive oil + salt + pepper. It burns easy.

Corn (fresh) is also really good on the grill and nearly impossible to mess up.

My wife likes ribeyes. I usually like a less fatty cut (Strip).

Usually I'll marinate my steaks in brine (water + kosher salt for beef, water + kosher salt + sugar for pork).

I'm in the Ribeye and bearnaise corner myself.

I don't drink wine, but will enjoy a Maker's before dinner.

I will drink a Clipper City Peg Leg stout, while eating.

If I'm going to have dessert, or don't feel like a "heavy" beer, then I'll drink a Clipper City, or Sierra Nevada, Pale ale......

Ribeye is one of my favorites too. I buy the whole thing, about 14 pounds, at Sam's club (choice of course), and then usually slice it in half. One half for a roast for the freezer, one half sliced up for steaks. The nice thing about the roast is you can then make nice gravy for your mashed potatoes, ya know. :-)

One of the best steaks I ever had was a Delmonico at Hy's Steak House in Honolulu.

I've been to Peter Lugers, and honestly I enjoyed it as much. Different cut, but still. Maybe I was just in a steak mood in Hawaii. I knew a guy that would go to Peter Luger's and get "Steak for two" for one. He was a big fatty.

This is the best steak marinade I have ever had - my Dad had it passed on to him when I was a kid in the 1960's, and I've never stopped loving it. A couple of you have had it at a Tailgate or two. You need to make the below marinade and soak your steaks in it 24 hrs ahead of time (48 hrs is even better):

Make your marinade with:

Most of a good bottle of Burgundy. You can use any red wine, but Burgundy is best, and its cheap. To the burgundy add a handful of dried parsley (yeah, I said handfull), and a handfull of minced onion flakes (don't be shy). Add 2 beef boullion cubes crushed up. Add a teaspoon of 'Accent', and a little bit of freshly ground black pepper (go easy). Get an entire head of garlic, peel the cloves, and cut them into halves. Rub each side of the steak with the garlic clove halves. Put some love and muscle into it. When you've really rubbed them down with the raw side of the garlic cloves, dice or mash the cloves up and add them to the wine mixture too. Add your steaks to this mix and let it marinate.

I know this sounds like an incredibly simple recipe, but it is unbelievably good. My kids call it 'purple steak', because the steaks literally turn purple in the marinade.

This is the best steak marinade I have ever had - my Dad had it passed on to him when I was a kid in the 1960's, and I've never stopped loving it. A couple of you have had it at a Tailgate or two. You need to make the below marinade and soak your steaks in it 24 hrs ahead of time (48 hrs is even better):

Make your marinade with:

Most of a good bottle of Burgundy. You can use any red wine, but Burgundy is best, and its cheap. To the burgundy add a handful of dried parsley (yeah, I said handfull), and a handfull of minced onion flakes (don't be shy). Add 2 beef boullion cubes crushed up. Add a teaspoon of 'Accent', and a little bit of freshly ground black pepper (go easy). Get an entire head of garlic, peel the cloves, and cut them into halves. Rub each side of the steak with the garlic clove halves. Put some love and muscle into it. When you've really rubbed them down with the raw side of the garlic cloves, dice or mash the cloves up and add them to the wine mixture too. Add your steaks to this mix and let it marinate.

I know this sounds like an incredibly simple recipe, but it is unbelievably good. My kids call it 'purple steak', because the steaks literally turn purple in the marinade.

Tarhog, what kind of steak do you usually use for this? I love a good marinade, but sometimes I'm reluctant to use one on a really nice cut, like a Del, because I'm afraid I'd lose the meat taste. On the other hand, it's a shame to miss out on a real nice marinade.

When I was a kid, we usually ate cheaper steaks than the stuff I eat now. I don't know if it was a 60s or 70s thing, or what. I almost always buy quality cuts now. But I'd be willing to buy down for a nice marinade.

Archived