Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your Favorite STEAK with a Red Wine

Mark The Homer

Last night georgiaredskin2 and I tried Tarhog's marinade with my parents. We marinated three ribeyes and a NY strip (because we bought the last three ribeyes) and it was delicious!
OMG yes it was. And leftovers were great for lunch! Thanks Tarhog! ;)

Cool :)

Yeah, I love that stuff....if you can ever plan ahead enough to marinate for 2 days or more, its really unbelievable.

Glad you liked it!

That is the exact way I would cook it too, only maybe with a little crumbled blue cheese on top of the carmelized onions, and they wouldnt be on the side but on top of the filet.
Nice. But I generally don't put too much stuff on top, because I like to see what I'm cutting into.
Last night georgiaredskin2 and I tried Tarhog's marinade with my parents. We marinated three ribeyes and a NY strip (because we bought the last three ribeyes) and it was delicious!

I'll be trying this within a week or so...

I'm not a big sirloin fan...tastes like salisbury steak to me.

You can marinate any cut of meat; you can even try those delmonicos you bought from Sam's Club. (That was you, right?)

Yes sir. That's why I figured a sirloin would be a good choice for a marinade. Dels are so good without marinade, but sirloins... see?

P.S. I'm still working on that burger...

Yes sir. That's why I figured a sirloin would be a good choice for a marinade. Dels are so good without marinade, but sirloins... see?

Good point - which is why I never do too much to my steaks; I throw some EVO, fresh rosemary, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Steaks come out beautiful. :drool:

P.S. I'm still working on that burger...

I just use McCormicks Montreal steak marinade - red wine vinegar, olive oil, and spices.

And a good trick for those with skillets. Place the cast iron skillet in the over at a HIGH temperature for an hour or more. Toss your pre marinaded steak in there and sear it on both sides to lock in the flavor, then place it back under the broiler under desired temperature. Delicious

If you don't feel like cooking, go to Ruths Chris :)

I just use McCormicks Montreal steak marinade - red wine vinegar, olive oil, and spices.

And a good trick for those with skillets. Place the cast iron skillet in the over at a HIGH temperature for an hour or more. Toss your pre marinaded steak in there and sear it on both sides to lock in the flavor, then place it back under the broiler under desired temperature. Delicious

If you don't feel like cooking, go to Ruths Chris :)

Pre marinaded? I would think you'd want to do it post marinaded. Is 500 high enough?

I love red wine vinegar. I'm trying to incorporate that into a nice chicken BBQ sauce for that extra tang. I'm doing that tonight. Supposed to be a nice evening for BBQ.

Archived