Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

London Fletcher = Jeremiah Trotter

Gator Bait

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

30 is the new 20....... ya just gotta maintain your body like a car as it gets older. Im in my late twenties, but i still play soccer and go the the gym, I feel great... except my hands from how many times they have been broken... :(

London Fletcher has aged well thus far and avoided serious injury. It would be like buying a 99 Caddy with 35K miles on it.

73-6 right now in favor of "not a bust" :laugh:

Also uhh...

Did you watch the NFL last season???

Teddy Bruschi: 112 Tackles, 1.5 sacks, 1 INT.

Ray Lewis: 103 Tackles, 5 sacks, 2 INT's

Zach Thomas: 165 Tackles, 3 sacks 1 INT.

Jeremiah Trotter: 112 Tackles, 0 sacks, 1 INT.

These guys are not good or even servicable anymore? Right. Zach Thomas records the most tackles he EVER HAS and he isn't what he used to be? That makes sense. Yeah.

it's not hard to record 100+ tackles in a year as a middle linebacker!!! that is your job...the primary tackler on the team! what makes a great MLB is one who will make plays (like lewis and thomas used to do) Force fumbles, recover fumbles, score defensive TDs, INTs

Terrible analogy.

Trotter came from a Jim Johnson defense which has traditionally overvalued players...that is truly a system where mediocre players appear great. Talk about system players, JJ defense makes and breaks them.

Fletcher came from Gregg Williams' system....his play on the Redskins should be identical barring injury. I dont see why not. Horrible analogy!

actually it was a great analogy...trotter was a beast LB for the eagles, he came to the skins and didn't do ****.

fletcher was a beast for the bills, I think he will come to the skins as an undersized mlb playing behind a small defensive line and get his ass handed to him!

I got a question? Why does everbody think that becuas a person is between the ages of 30 -34 they are OLD. Now I dont play NFL Football but I consider myself in Tip top shape and I'm 30 yrs old. I out run people from the ages of 17-29 all the time. I'm a gym rat. I play alot of B-BALL and Football I dont feel old. I think I'm in better shape now then when I was 20. just my thoughts.:feedback:

Its called speed and durability in NFL terms. Young guys have more...old guys have less. Its what happened to the Eagles when they went from pretenders during the Cowboys era to kicking everyone's ass in the NFC East. Its not always the case (as hopefully, in Fletcher's) but the % gets lower and lower as the age gets higher. Just part of life.

Does anyone else here think signing London Fletcher was a questionable move? I know he hasn't missed a game in 9 years, and I know he played great last year...but the man is old for a linebacker and we don't have a great history in taking big time free agents and having them play well for us!

Two DIFFERENT Scenarios... :2cents: :2cents: :2cents:

MLB Jeremaiah TROTTER was ILL-SUITED for the Defensive SYSTEM which was in-place at the time of his ill-fated acquisition by The REDSKINS. Plus, he became injured. :doh: :doh: :doh:

Whereas, MLB London FLETCHER is PERFECTLY-SUITED for our CURRENT Defensive System. :applause: :applause: :applause:

BIG (CRUCIAL) Difference. :cheers:

Difference between Fletcher and Trotter is simple.

Trotter switched defensive schemes when he came here to play from the Eagles.

Fletcher has played at a high level in this system in Buffalo. The coaches know him, and he knows the system.

He wouldn't be out of his element the way Trotter was.

it's not hard to record 100+ tackles in a year as a middle linebacker!!! that is your job...the primary tackler on the team! what makes a great MLB is one who will make plays (like lewis and thomas used to do) Force fumbles, recover fumbles, score defensive TDs, INTs

I dunno, I'd say a guy with 146 tackles, 2 sacks, 4 interceptions with one returned for a TD last year might qualify.

London will probably lead the team in tackles.Trotter just came for the $ and didnt care about winning.The Shuler campaign did some polling by phone and asked if i would vote for him in the upcoming election.When I said no they asked me if it was because of where he stands on certain issues and I said no its because IM A DIEHARD REDSKIN FAN!!!!HAIL REDSKINS!!HELL WITH SHULER!!!

I got a question? Why does everbody think that becuas a person is between the ages of 30 -34 they are OLD. Now I dont play NFL Football but I consider myself in Tip top shape and I'm 30 yrs old. I out run people from the ages of 17-29 all the time. I'm a gym rat. I play alot of B-BALL and Football I dont feel old. I think I'm in better shape now then when I was 20. just my thoughts.:feedback:

I was the same as you , but since the day I hit 30 i've been bed ridden. Good luck.

I would have been happier with a younger linebacker as well, but we always go with who GW is comfortable with. Two seasons and he will be 34 and won't have any value left.

I was the same as you , but since the day I hit 30 i've been bed ridden. Good luck.

I would have been happier with a younger linebacker as well, but we always go with who GW is comfortable with. Two seasons and he will be 34 and won't have any value left.

If you want a younger linebacker of Fletcher's stature you would have to fork over double the money. Plus he is much less of a risk than Joey Porter who doesn't play in the middle and would be coming from an entirely different scheme. Plus I'm not sure if you noticed but 3 of the top 6 vote getters for the NFL Defensive Player of the Year (including the winner) last year were older than Fletcher.

This is only a bust if we don't take a DT in the draft

i sorta agree here. we need better DT play, whether it comes from progressing our young talent, or picking up one of the monsters (branch/okoye) in the draft.

a mlb without solid DT's is doomed. ask ray lewis after siragusa and adams left. he was doubled and pancaked all the time.

if we can improve our DT play, fletcher will coninue to be a dominant force.

even if we don't improve our DT play, he is said to be a good locker room guy and is definatley a great signal caller and makes good pre-snap adjustments. unless he gets hurt, i don't see how he could be a bust.

If you want a younger linebacker of Fletcher's stature you would have to fork over double the money. Plus he is much less of a risk than Joey Porter who doesn't play in the middle and would be coming from an entirely different scheme. Plus I'm not sure if you noticed but 3 of the top 6 vote getters for the NFL Defensive Player of the Year (including the winner) last year were older than Fletcher.

I did not notice, but it's good to hear that. I really want it to work.

Two totally different players. Trotter is a bum who wanted a payday and his heart is in philly. Fletcher is a Williams guy and a standup guy that IMO will be a very good signing for the skins. He brings locker room leadership

Archived