Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

After Clements deal....what will Sean Taylor demand?....SCARY

scottlo34

also have to remember Sean Taylor's agent fiasco when he was a rookie. He was not happy with his rookie deal and I'm sure he still isn't. Homie will look to get paid big time when it's his turn. I anticipate he doesn't finish his career in Washington.

sean taylor gave up the most tds given up by a safety in nfl history

he will be lucky to get a 20 mil deal

What exactly constitues a 'td given up by a safety'? Closest person to player that scores? I do not read much into this statistic. If so, is this even an actual statistic? How many did he give according to your stat? What was second? You will see that I am very defensive of Sean Taylor even though he pissed me off on numerous occasions last season.

excuses...

then y was archuleta benched?

So you use the "excuses" excuse when talking about Sean Taylor but when Ladell Betts runs better than Clinton Portis you say its because the offensive line only played good when Betts was running. Im smelling a double standard here from the kid thats king of making them.

IIRC Taylor signed a 7 year 18 million deal w/ the opportunity to make up to 40m w/ incentives. He was unhappy at the time b/c Winslow's deal paid him a lot more money and he was picked one spot ahead of him. He wanted a new deal the next year and changed agents to Rosenhaus.

:rolleyes: Yeah... you keep telling yourself that.

He's right. You keep telling yourselfe otherwise. :rolleyes:

If you know ANYTHING about how defense is played and you watch the tape you'll see he blows his coverage and misses his assignments quite often. And in the run game he's often caught out of position from over persuing and guys like Tiki just cut and run right by him while Sean is wiffing on his attempted hit stick highlight.

Granted what the other guy said is an exaduration but the point holds true.

Someone might give him 40 million at the pace the salaries in the NFL are skyrocketing!He probably wont finish with us,but in todays NFL is that surprising?

Not at all. Rarely does someone finish with a team they started with. I wish Taylor would finish here, but its highly doubtful. He is a momentum changer and a guided missle to the ball carrier.

:logo:

Not at all. Rarely does someone finish with a team they started with. I wish Taylor would finish here, but its highly doubtful. He is a momentum changer and a guided missle to the ball carrier.

:logo:

That's what I keep telling People. there are no more Darrell Green's or Jackie Slaters anymore.

sean taylor gave up the most tds given up by a safety in nfl history

he will be lucky to get a 20 mil deal

Care to give a link for this supposed "stat"?

And for the record, Champ Bailey would've crumbled as badly as our entire secondary did with our lack of pass rush this past season. ;)

That's what I keep telling People. there are no more Darrell Green's or Jackie Slaters anymore.

Unless you play past 33 in the league, if you are a high end Pro-Bowler or an All-Pro, you quite often finish with the team you start with.

With the new collective bargaining agreement that is going to become even more of a reality - at least so long as $ is the only consideration and not a player's antisocial behavior or declining ability to play.

Dwight Freeney

Brian Urlacher

Ray Lewis

Derrick Brooks

Richard Seymour

and even michael Strahan

These guys all benefitted from the new age type contracts, and it will continue, the NFL wants its marquee guys to stay put, like in the NBA, not skitter around like mercenaries, that will be left to the 2nd tier guys like Adalius Thomas and Leonard Davis - or 2nd Tier organizations that don't deserve their players loyalty (*knock on wood*).

Hopefully all will be well.

Archived