Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

After Clements deal....what will Sean Taylor demand?....SCARY

scottlo34

I am not as up on the contract stuff as a lot of you are, but could have sworn that I read recently that Taylor will be up for free agency next year. Is this right? I am sure someone knows. Once I read that, I gulped after seeing what Clements signed for. Are we possibly looking at a guy in Sean Taylor who will demanding in the area of 100 million? If that is the case, that is just downright scary and insane.......feedback. Thanks guys

Taylor isn't up for free agency, he's locked up until 2011. It would be smart for the team to give him some monetary love relatively soon to keep him happy, though.

Cooley, on the other hand, is up for free agency at the end of this season or next season. Let's hope the front office continues this troubling trend of making smart moves and locks him up before anything happens.

I think that this is key to any player of his caliber. Try to lock him up to a long term contract before the season ends and he becomes a FA. If you can't agree then trade the player for all you can before you lose them to FA. You have to get something for the player instead of nothing at all. Specifically, he has a long ways to go before we have to worry about that.

I wouldn't lock him up until he proves that last season was a fluke.

If he does, I would try to lock him up in 2008. He won't demand as much as Clements. CBs make more than Safeties. Clements is paid as if he is the #2 CB (Bailey would command a higher salary, but no other CB would). No safety is going to touch that kind of money. If Taylor turns it around--and I pray he does--then he will get a nice 7 year $70 million deal or something like that.

sean taylor gave up the most tds given up by a safety in nfl history

he will be lucky to get a 20 mil deal

well put, but by today's standards he'll get his 20m over whatever, heck with this whole surfacing last year of Ryan Clark helping Taylor play his position, then Clark goes to Pitt. I'm just hoping Smoot can help in the mix.

well put, but by today's standards he'll get his 20m over whatever, heck with this whole surfacing last year of Ryan Clark helping Taylor play his position, then Clark goes to Pitt. I'm just hoping Smoot can help in the mix.

clark is gonna get cut next season steelers 3rd round pick safety is gonna take over

mark it ddown

Unless safeties all the sudden start commanding corner money, I don't think we have too much to worry about.

But then again, look at how much average offensive guards are getting. You'd think they were left tackles.

This year's free agent market sure did blow up alot of long standing trends.

I am not as up on the contract stuff as a lot of you are, but could have sworn that I read recently that Taylor will be up for free agency next year. Is this right? I am sure someone knows. Once I read that, I gulped after seeing what Clements signed for. Are we possibly looking at a guy in Sean Taylor who will demanding in the area of 100 million? If that is the case, that is just downright scary and insane.......feedback. Thanks guys
It is really rediculous about how some teams are "literally throwing money around recklessly". This foolishness will come back to haunt the entire NFL. Clements' contract is structured through and 8 yr. period and it is loaded with incentive clauses, the guranteed portion is substantial, however it's feasible. Taylor will definitely be attractive to a lot of teams so we need to enter into contract extensions for him now. Any player must consider the effects that an injury may bring and thay must consider "job security" first and foremost. Hopefully, Sean will wish to remain a Redskin. If he is voted all-pro this year "LOOK OUT" !!!!

We can always do what all players fear,and I think is a real good thing.Hit them with the dreaded Franchise Player Tag.Im sure Taylor and his agent would love that.Why are players moaning and groaning(Lance Briggs)about their situation,when they are still under contract.No knock against him,great player,hes just one of a number of players.

Archived