Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: Washington Redskins Re-sign Db Ade Jimoh

TK

PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release

March 6, 2007

WASHINGTON REDSKINS RE-SIGN DB ADE JIMOH

Ashburn, VA- The Washington Redskins announced today that they have re-signed defensive back Ade Jimoh. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. Jimoh is a key contributor on the Redskins special teams unit.

Jimoh, 6-1, 190, has spent his entire career with the Washington Redskins (2003-2006) participating in 63 regular season and two playoff games. He has accumulated 28 career tackles (25 solo) and 65 special team tackles. During the 2006 season, Jimoh played in all 16 games recording eight tackles (seven solo), one fumble recovery and 20 special team tackles.

Jimoh entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent in 2003 after attending Utah State. He played in 11 games as a senior and compiled 53 tackles (34 solo) and one interception.

Def does not mean no Bly! I like the signing because it keeps our ST together which was the only bright spot from last year.

I know, I was being sarcastic... hence the two smiley's. I thinks its an ok signing. If we get Bly, and some other blue collar FA's or even draft one, he may not make it through training camp. I like him for his special teams though.

hmm no contract details though so I am guessing 8 years $81 overall and $23 million SB to keep in line with clements.....

...seriously though i like the Ade as long as we never have to play him on defence ....

I wonder how well he would do a LG?

hmm no contract details though so I am guessing 8 years $81 overall and $23 million SB to keep in line with clements.....

...seriously though i like the Ade as long as we never have to play him on defence ....

I wonder how well he would do a LG?

hes a steve hutchinson type

I know, I was being sarcastic... hence the two smiley's. I thinks its an ok signing. If we get Bly, and some other blue collar FA's or even draft one, he may not make it through training camp. I like him for his special teams though.
He'll make it through training camp- Gibbs loves the special team studs, and Jimoh really is one of the best special teamers we could have. I love this signing and have been waiting to hear about it for awhile now- I'll always connect Jimoh to trying to play corner against the Eagles in 2005 in that final game at Philly to make the playoffs, and he had to leave the field because of an irregular heartbeat- guy's dedicated to the team and loves being a Skin. We need to keep guys like that.

Awesome re-signing!!! I've always like Jimoh for his hustle on ST. I know he's not the best CB on the team, but he always done what he was told to do to the best of his abilities.

Exactly, i love the signing. These are the kind of team players you keep around. He's a beast on teams and a valuable asset to our team.

PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release

March 6, 2007

WASHINGTON REDSKINS RE-SIGN DB ADE JIMOH

Ashburn, VA- The Washington Redskins announced today that they have re-signed defensive back Ade Jimoh. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. Jimoh is a key contributor on the Redskins special teams unit.

Jimoh, 6-1, 190, has spent his entire career with the Washington Redskins (2003-2006) participating in 63 regular season and two playoff games. He has accumulated 28 career tackles (25 solo) and 65 special team tackles. During the 2006 season, Jimoh played in all 16 games recording eight tackles (seven solo), one fumble recovery and 20 special team tackles.

Jimoh entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent in 2003 after attending Utah State. He played in 11 games as a senior and compiled 53 tackles (34 solo) and one interception.

I am happy to say that i truly believe this to be a great re-sign for the skins. Jimoh has steadily improved his play and he;s been an asset on and off the field. :)

This dude is seriously like herpes. Just when you think he gone, he breaks back out!!!

I'm all for his ST play and all but this guy sucks on D and made me burst a blood vessel in my head last year I screamed at my TV so loud.

ST players should be able to contribute at their respective offensive or defensive position (at least somewhat.) ie: Khary Campbell

As a CB, he's a steaming load :pooh::pooh::pooh::pooh: I hope Jerry Gray can do SOMETHING with him and pray once again for no injuries to our secondary!

Archived