Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor: On L. Davis contract offers

Griff

I found this on Cards message board, take it for what its worth:

Posted by BostonCard:

I visit a site called nflfans.com on their messageboard there are a few guys who have real inside info , some of them work for Sporting News this was posted by a guy who i know for a fact has contacts with the Bills, Cowboys, and Browns so here you go. His screen name is SDOGO and he is very reliable , breaks a lot of news . Here is the post:

Spoke to Leonards agent just about 5 minutes ago. The huge OT has contract offers from Dallas, NY Giants and Redskins. As I'm told the Giants have the best offer but Davis is not thrilled about playing for Coughlin or in NY, the Skins have a fair deal on the table and the Cowboys deal is sweet and Daivs would like to return to Texas and play in a warm weather city but Dallas wants him to kick inside to guard which diminishes his value.

http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?t=19505

But the reason he isn't thrilled with Dallas is because they want him to play guard....

He'd be playing guard here if he is signed. Same as Dallas.

And the only reason he isn't thrilled is because the position usually pays less.

If he really doesn't want to play G, I'm betting Davis is using the Redskins as a negotiating tool. Everyone knows the 'Skins reputation for spending lavishly on free agents, so he is using us to get the most out of NY or Dallass. Obviously, being division rivals may put even more pressure on those other teams to up their offers.

Wait, when this guy says that Dallas wanting him to play guard "diminishes his value", is he saying that the value of signing with Dallas has diminished in Davis' eyes, or that since they want him as a guard it diminishes the size of Dallas' offer to him?

Probably that it affects the offer.......Tackles on average make alot more then guards.

To me, it's funny that people would jump to that conclusion based off the information in this thread.

No. Davis would be signed to replace Dockery as LG if it happens.

Nothing to do with this thread. Jansen is slowing down and is three years older than Davis. Just speculation on a possibility.

Archived