Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is there ANY player right now worth 2 1st round picks?

mistertim

First of all, this is just a hypothetical question and I'm curious what you all think; I am not in any way advocating this for any player.

I was talking to a friend who is a Bears fan and I found out that Briggs is a "non-exclusive" franchise player. I didn't know the full meaning but I found out that a non-exclusive franchise player can still sign an offer sheet with another team. However, the original team has the right to match the terms of that offer. If they can't and they lose the player they are entitled to 2 1st round draft picks from the team aquiring the player in question.

My question for you is this: is there any player in the league right now who you would sign to a huge contract and give up 2 1st round draft picks for?

People overvalue 1st round picks. They cost a mint and are not guarenteed stars. I believe there are a lot of pro bowl players worth 2 first rounders...depending of course on the player and the picks.

You have to ask, what is the hit or miss ratio of 1st rounders being stars, and how long did it take for them to develop? I think in some cases (like Manning ...especially after just a couple of years) 2 1st rounders would be an absolute steal.

People overvalue 1st round picks. They cost a mint and are not guarenteed stars. I believe there are a lot of pro bowl players worth 2 first rounders...depending of course on the player and the picks.

You have to ask, what is the hit or miss ratio of 1st rounders being stars, and how long did it take for them to develop? I think in some cases (like Manning ...especially after just a couple of years) 2 1st rounders would be an absolute steal.

True enough. I agree about Manning, Brady, probably LT. On the defensive side though what about Julius Peppers?

Archived