Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bly trade/ draft implication

Rufus T Firefly

RT George Foster was part of that deal. He's not great, but you have to assume he was acquired ot start. With Backus under contract, it's at least worth wondering if they might know not be looking at Joe Thomas. And with Bell, possibly not Peterson either. So, this could change the way the first 6 picks fall, amybe they are looking at Quinn or Johnson.

Of course, it's also possible that they look at these guys as depth, but it at least raises a question.

I know the lions have drafted a lot of receivers lately

but...

Calvin is hands down the best talent in the draft and has the potential to become the best receiver in the nfl. Id take him, or Id take Jamarcus Russell if he is there. I just hope the Bucs dont get Calvin.

I know the lions have drafted a lot of receivers lately

but...

Calvin is hands down the best talent in the draft and has the potential to become the best receiver in the nfl. Id take him, or Id take Jamarcus Russell if he is there. I just hope the Bucs dont get Calvin.

You mean you'd take Russell if you were Detroit right?

RT George Foster was part of that deal. He's not great, but you have to assume he was acquired ot start. With Backus under contract, it's at least worth wondering if they might know not be looking at Joe Thomas. And with Bell, possibly not Peterson either. So, this could change the way the first 6 picks fall, amybe they are looking at Quinn or Johnson.

Of course, it's also possible that they look at these guys as depth, but it at least raises a question.

Very true. There is definitely the possibility Detroit might draft someone else since they just got a starting tackle. I'd say Quinn or Johnson at this point. If the Raiders trade away Moss though, they might be thinking FA QB and draft CJ, though. There are so many scenarios out there that someone has got to fall to us, giving us a great opportunity to trade down.

It could mean they're looking that a QB. If that's the case, Thomas could fall to Arizona at #5 and leave the Skins with the top choice of D-linemen.

Oak - Russell

DET - Quinn

CLE - Peterson

TAM- Johnson

ARZ - Thomas

WAS - Anderson/Adams/Branch

You mean you'd take Russell if you were Detroit right?

right, but its likely he will go number one.

The way i see this draft is this...

Russell, Calvin, and maybe Peterson....

then everybody else.

Detroit and Oakland are just straight up awful and need to take the most talented player available.

Well, it won't be Peterson. Tatum Bell was included in the trade with Denver. With Bell and Kevin Jones on the roster, they'd be fools to take Peterson as well. But, of course, it is the Lions.

In any case, word is that Backus is better suited to play OG than OT. He's got a big contract for a guard, but considering how stupid the Lions usually are, you can't blame them for putting money and emphasis on their OL. Thomas - Backus - Raiola - Woody - Foster would be a pretty good group there.

right, but its likely he will go number one.

The way i see this draft is this...

Russell, Calvin, and maybe Peterson....

then everybody else.

Detroit and Oakland are just straight up awful and need to take the most talented player available.

True. I'm still not totally convinced that we should trade down though. Having more picks would be sweet, but if we have the first pick at defensive line, then that puts us in good shape really. If it looks like we're going to get who we want, then I say sign Kerney as well and draft Alan Branch at #6.

Especially if we sign Fletcher and a CB soon.

It could mean they're looking that a QB. If that's the case, Thomas could fall to Arizona at #5 and leave the Skins with the top choice of D-linemen.

Oak - Russell

DET - Quinn

CLE - Peterson

TAM- Johnson

ARZ - Thomas

WAS - Anderson/Adams/Branch

It could also look like this, if Moss gets traded to GB or whoever:

OAK- Johnson

DET- Quinn

CLE- Peterson

Tampa- Adams

AZ- Thomas

WAS- Branch/ Anderson/ use Russel to trade down with Houston or Miami

The Lions will still probably take Thomas. They won't get Calvin Johnson. Quinn is likely too. However, despite the record, the offense did not have passing problems as much, and would have been better if Kevin Jones was healthy more often. They can now employ a two-back system with Jones/Bell, but they would benefit from a better o-line still. Foster could very well replace someone, but I still think they take Thomas just to make sure they have enough talent to make htat offense more competitive.

If Calvin Johnson is available at 1.06, we should trade down immediately. There will be a bidding war for him among teams and we should be able to clean up with multiple first day picks. Our front office would be absolutely idiotic to draft him there given how many first round WR busts there are, given how unessential elite WR's are for the purposes of winning championships, and given the other needs on our team. I would be very upset.

If Calvin Johnson is available at 1.06, we should trade down immediately. There will be a bidding war for him among teams and we should be able to clean up with multiple first day picks. Our front office would be absolutely idiotic to draft him there given how many first round WR busts there are, given how unessential elite WR's are for the purposes of winning championships, and given the other needs on our team. I would be very upset.

I agree. If CJ falls to us, some loser team will salivate to get their guy.

Archived