Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bly trade/ draft implication

Rufus T Firefly

If Calvin Johnson is available at 1.06, we should trade down immediately. There will be a bidding war for him among teams and we should be able to clean up with multiple first day picks. Our front office would be absolutely idiotic to draft him there given how many first round WR busts there are, given how unessential elite WR's are for the purposes of winning championships, and given the other needs on our team. I would be very upset.

I was kind of warming to the idea of taking CJ if he was still there but thanks for bringing me to my sences. I can still see them going after Thomas and really revamp the O line moving bakus to gaurd, I also see TB looking at one of the top QBs ...Simms could be a solid interum player but duuuude the man has no spleen... I know you can live without one but still.

It could mean they're looking that a QB. If that's the case, Thomas could fall to Arizona at #5 and leave the Skins with the top choice of D-linemen.

Oak - Russell

DET - Quinn

CLE - Peterson

TAM- Johnson

ARZ - Thomas

WAS - Anderson/Adams/Branch

In this case I would love to trade back a few picks and still grab one of these three.

If the Raiders sign Jeff Garcia in FA and trade away Moss there's no telling what they will do with the #1 pick. They could go with Johnson but they could also pick him 2/3 spots lower so they could also try to trade down. Detroit gave up the 2nd most sacks in the league last year so they should want Thomas, but if Russell/Quinn is there for their choice, they could go that route as well. If they don't take Thomas, then the Cardinals will have to take him at 5 since their OL is terrible and they just released their starting LT. That would leave us with our choice of Adams/Anderson/Branch which could be an ideal situation for us, depending on what we do in FA. The options with all that are endless, I don't even wanna get started on that....

It could mean they're looking that a QB. If that's the case, Thomas could fall to Arizona at #5 and leave the Skins with the top choice of D-linemen.

Oak - Russell

DET - Quinn

CLE - Peterson

TAM- Johnson

ARZ - Thomas

WAS - Anderson/Adams/Branch

Ya they would get the top choice in this scenerio but I'm skeptical as to whether we will make the right one. The skins aren't exaclty considered to be among the best in the nfl with regards to evaluating talent.

Archived