Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HELP! Fading autograph!

smashmowf

I have an autographed softball by the greatest himself...Muhammed Ali. I got it signed in person when I was a kid....'82-'83 timeframe....well 20+ years later the signature is fading, it doesn't help that it was already not that dark when he signed it because his pen was running out of ink.....funny thing is Ernie Shavers signed it on the other side and his pen was FULL of ink..lol...his signature looks just as fresh as the day he signed it.

Anyone know if anything can be done to the signature without sacrificing the authenticity?

Hit it with hairspray. That stuff will seal it forever. There's got to be a similar product that is for collectors that won't discolor. I don't know if hairspray would discolor, but i wouldn't risk it til I knew for sure.

Cheap hairspray, too.. like Aqua-net.. you can make a pencil mark on concrete, spray it with that stuff and that mark will be there years later.

~Bang

Ali signing a softball is like Darrell Green signing a field hockey stick. That does not make sense.

Hmmmm.....Now if he was a special guest at say.....a Baseball/Softball tournament 20+ years ago...I guess it would make sense then....sorry my dad and I were not walking around with boxing gloves in our pockets.

Archived