Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RE: Dungy is a class Act

skinsmania123

You know I just had to post this...I just think Tony Dungy is a class act. His modesty reminds me so much of Joe Gibbs. He has overcome tremendous adversity in his life, with such grace and class that I was so happy the Colts won yesterday...of course I wished it was the Skins and I will never give up on that.

You know I just had to post this...I just think Tony Dungy is a class act. His modesty reminds me so much of Joe Gibbs. He has overcome tremendous adversity in his life, with such grace and class that I was so happy the Colts won yesterday...of course I wished it was the Skins and I will never give up on that.

I've been a fan of Dungy for a long time.. I wish the Redskins had him.. Don't get wrong I love Joe Gibbs and am thankful we have him but if we didn't have Gibbs I'd kill to get Dungy here.

I liked him until his bible thumping nonsense last night. Really turned me off.

He credited his success to god. Would you be turned off if he had credited his parents? He didn't try to recruit or oppress anyone.

It amazes me that people that post messages like this don't see how intolerant they sound.

Let the guy have his faith. He isn't hurting you with it.

Dungy is a good guy and I'm glad he's earned a ring.

TheFan

I agree that Dungy is a great coach and a great person. I also like how he didn't make a big deal of being the first black coach to win the Superbowl. He is a class act.

I agree with you and I appreciated his modesty on that. But, in some circles, like it or not, that was a big deal.

Class act always I'm happy for him he deserves it. As well happy for a couple of players Marvin Harrison another class act. He just goes on and do his job not one thing flashy about him he doesn't talk smack just go and do what he needs to do. Cato June that's my homeboy really happy for him as well.

OK and self-loving athletes turn me off.....what's your point. If I came on here and complained about them every time an athlete talked about himself I would have 15,000+ posts.

I didn't complain about Dungy or anyone else everytime his name is mentioned or everytime someone attributes their success to god. I said one thing which was pretty straightforward and direct. I agree, it is just like your dislike for self-loving athletes.

He credited his success to god. Would you be turned off if he had credited his parents? He didn't try to recruit or oppress anyone.

It amazes me that people that post messages like this don't see how intolerant they sound.

Let the guy have his faith. He isn't hurting you with it.

Dungy is a good guy and I'm glad he's earned a ring.

TheFan

Who said I didn't understand how intolerant I sound?

He can have his faith; I can have my opinion that his faith is a waste of time. My intolerance of his bible thumping is no different than your intolerance of my anti-religious stance.

I would suggest that he did go on and on about it. God was referenced more last night than in any post championship celebration I've ever seen.

You obviously missed the post-game interview with Earnest Byner and Darrell Green after Super Bowl XXVI. They didn't drone on about their faith, but, when compared to what Dungy Sunday, his comments were very mild. I think it boils down to your just wanting to hear nothing about God.

You obviously missed the post-game interview with Earnest Byner and Darrell Green after Super Bowl XXVI. They didn't drone on about their faith, but, when compared to what Dungy Sunday, his comments were very mild. I think it boils down to your just wanting to hear nothing about God.

Yes, that is true. (Both about not seeing Green/Byner and about not wanting to hear anything about god).

Who said I didn't understand how intolerant I sound?

He can have his faith; I can have my opinion that his faith is a waste of time. My intolerance of his bible thumping is no different than your intolerance of my anti-religious stance.

You're right. Both you and he should have the right to voice your opinions about faith. I just take exception when one stance prefers to stifle the other.

TheFan

So, it's okay for you to express your athiestic views, but not okay for anyone else to express their belief in God?

No, its OK for both of us to do both things. I said I was annoyed by Dungy's continued references to god and that I no longer had a particular affinity to him as a result.

Archived