Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2k Football fans REJOICE, it's coming back

BayouBrave86

I have missed these 2k vs. Madden debates SOOOOOOOO much.

I don't really "game" anymore, but I thought 2k's graphics sucked, especially the animation. When a guy would run he would stop, turn 45 degrees then run again. I've got a copy if anyone wants it cheap...The last Madden I bought was the $60 one with older versions included.

Genesis, hands down. NHL 94 was the best game I ever played.....

What, no love for Bases Loaded II? :)

up until fairly recently i didn't even know the versions were different. but i bought my brother one of those portable gamepad things with games on it and it came with nhl 94 and madden 94. i can tell you it was leaps and bounds different. i can't honostly tell you which one is better because i've been playing the SNES version my entire life, and the crappy controller you have to use for the portable genesis version we have gives me hand-cramps.

the two biggest differences i noticed in the games were that the goalies looked completely different, and that when you press the "check" button, afte your initial speed-burst it slowed you down to prevent you from taking advantage of the check button. sometime i may take apart that damn thing and put it inside a couple of my spare SNES controllers (its portable AND comes with two controllers... two crappy controllers.

i didn't play 2k5, so i'll take your word for it.

madden '07 is great in my mind. i'll give 2k8 a look.

2k5 Kicked the hell out of Madden that year imo. I remember buying Madden first and I really enjoyed it, then I saw T.O on the cover of NFL 2k5 and it was only 20 bucks so I figured, what the hell.. I never played that year's madden again.

Uh, enjoy playing with fake players.

How is that any different from playing several years deep into Madden's franchise or older football games that were just as fun with no name players? If the gameplay's great there are some things that you can look past. I guess by this logic, Baseball Stars, Double Dribble, Baseball Simulator 2012, Mutant League Football weren't good because they didn't have any names.

What you'll be playing:

175px-Bases_Loaded_box_art.jpg

That game was pretty good.

up until fairly recently i didn't even know the versions were different. but i bought my brother one of those portable gamepad things with games on it and it came with nhl 94 and madden 94. i can tell you it was leaps and bounds different. i can't honostly tell you which one is better because i've been playing the SNES version my entire life, and the crappy controller you have to use for the portable genesis version we have gives me hand-cramps.

the two biggest differences i noticed in the games were that the goalies looked completely different, and that when you press the "check" button, afte your initial speed-burst it slowed you down to prevent you from taking advantage of the check button. sometime i may take apart that damn thing and put it inside a couple of my spare SNES controllers (its portable AND comes with two controllers... two crappy controllers.

The Genesis version was faster. The SNES couldn't keep up because it didn't have "Blast Processing!"

Remember, Genesis does what Nintendon't! :)

How is that any different from playing several years deep into Madden's franchise or older football games that were just as fun with no name players? If the gameplay's great there are some things that you can look past. I guess by this logic, Baseball Stars, Double Dribble, Baseball Simulator 2012, Mutant League Football weren't good because they didn't have any names.

That game was pretty good.

Those games WERE fun. In 1988. When realism in a sports game was an 8-bit stick figure that was slightly animated.

On an unrelated note, I was the MAN at the first Bases Loaded. I could throw a pitch that was virtually unhittable, yet still called a strike.

Those games WERE fun. In 1988. When realism in a sports game was an 8-bit stick figure that was slightly animated.

On an unrelated note, I was the MAN at the first Bases Loaded. I could throw a pitch that was virtually unhittable, yet still called a strike.

Baseball stars is still fun to play. It's one of those timeless classics. Yeah the graphics suck, year the music were mind numbingly bad, but that game has some serious gameplay. Double Dribble on the other hand, well that one hasn't aged as well.

Baseball stars is still fun to play. It's one of those timeless classics. Yeah the graphics suck, year the music were mind numbingly bad, but that game has some serious gameplay. Double Dribble on the other hand, well that one hasn't aged as well.

Are you crazy? Those dunks are sweet!

Uh, enjoy playing with fake players.

They're saying it might have classic players. BTW, I used to like Madden when EA actually improved the game from year to year.

With the exclusive license, they really don't give a **** if the game improves at all because people will still buy it. The game is an absolute waste of time being that I could enjoy Madden 2003 just as much if it had updated rosters. I'm much more like to buy this 2k sports game just because it isn't Madden.

I have missed these 2k vs. Madden debates SOOOOOOOO much.

I don't really "game" anymore, but I thought 2k's graphics sucked, especially the animation. When a guy would run he would stop, turn 45 degrees then run again. I've got a copy if anyone wants it cheap...The last Madden I bought was the $60 one with older versions included.

I actually thought 2ks animations and graphics were better than Madden's at the time. I didn't really play 2k (madden was a better overall game), but I remember how my signature move in Madden was to have my runner turn back and around slowly since the juke moves really never worked and the animations sucked.

They're saying it might have classic players. BTW, I used to like Madden when EA actually improved the game from year to year.

With the exclusive license, they really don't give a **** if the game improves at all because people will still buy it. The game is an absolute waste of time being that I could enjoy Madden 2003 just as much if it had updated rosters. I'm much more like to buy this 2k sports game just because it isn't Madden.

I actually thought 2ks animations and graphics were better than Madden's at the time. I didn't really play 2k (madden was a better overall game), but I remember how my signature move in Madden was to have my runner turn back and around slowly since the juke moves really never worked and the animations sucked.

Dude your really Super-smart, althought I don't agree with you Freelancing back and forth. I have a feeling, the future is now for Madden.. If the next 2k game is any good, true football fans won't care about names. They want good play... Regardless though, in both games you can rest assured that Brunell sucks.

Dude your really Super-smart, althought I don't agree with you Freelancing back and forth. I have a feeling, the future is now for Madden.. If the next 2k game is any good, true football fans won't care about names. They want good play... Regardless though, in both games you can rest assured that Brunell sucks.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :laugh:

maybe this will make Madden force themselves to make changes, it has been primary the same game the last 4 years :(

Madden has been trial and error for the past 3 or 4 years. One year it was all about improving the defense, next thing you know, defenders are making super human leaps to knock down every pass and they are causing fumbles every 5 plays. Then year before that it was all about making the passing game better so they introduced the passing cone that was either revered or reviled. Last year it was all about what i like to call the "you make the blocks yourself" feature that goes unused by many players that I know. All the while, with all of these "big" features coming in each year, errors and glitches that have been in the game engine for years go untouched. It still blows my mind that they still haven't gotten around to fixing the punt return issue.

I don't think that 2K's game were perfect by any means, but I am familiar with the care and work that they have put into making NBA 2K7 one of the best games out there and I look forward to seeing what they do to their football engine.

Madden has been trial and error for the past 3 or 4 years. One year it was all about improving the defense, next thing you know, defenders are making super human leaps to knock down every pass and they are causing fumbles every 5 plays. Then year before that it was all about making the passing game better so they introduced the passing cone that was either revered or reviled. Last year it was all about what i like to call the "you make the blocks yourself" feature that goes unused by many players that I know. All the while, with all of these "big" features coming in each year, errors and glitches that have been in the game engine for years go untouched. It still blows my mind that they still haven't gotten around to fixing the punt return issue.

I don't think that 2K's game were perfect by any means, but I am familiar with the care and work that they have put into making NBA 2K7 one of the best games out there and I look forward to seeing what they do to their football engine.

The Madden team just wants to give the illusion that they're giving the consumer a different game every year when they're really just giving the same crap out with some features changed. They might as well just release patches for their games.

heh, the running game in madden 07 is rediculous. Even if your RB isn't that fast, all you gotta do is keep running it and you'll score. I rarely find myself going 3 and out when I just use the same exact running play over and over (maybe change sides, that's about it).

I simulate the seasons sometimes, Portis got over 2600 rushing hards in a season. After he retired, his no-name replacement who I drafted ran for over 3300 yards in a season once. I only play through four games of the season, and stop running if my back has gotten over 200 yards.

You guys are right about the names thing. In a franchise,a fter 10 seasons or so, very few of the players remain (usually kickers/punters, centers, and rookies about to retire). I'm well over 20 seasons in, and I feel just as much virtual attachment to my fake future Redskins as I do to the current ones.

These Madden fanboys are sick in the head..although everyone is entitled to they're own opinion so I won't give em to much crap..And as for the poster that said 2k's graphics sucked..WTF???:doh: :whoknows: :insane: ,2K'S Graphics are about a year off from Madden 07's and 2k is a ''FOUR YEAR OLD GAME!!!Like I have said countless times before EA only did the exclusive rights thing becuase they feared 2k and the inevitable success 2k would have given the chance to produce football on the next gen systems,so EA ****ed up!!!Watch 2k8 blow Maddens rehased reused game outta the water..Onto other things..If anyone wants to test me in some Gears Of War hit me up..

Xbox live Gamertag:Boss Pimpin 874..

These Madden fanboys are sick in the head..although everyone is entitled to they're own opinion so I won't give em to much crap..And as for the poster that said 2k's graphics sucked..WTF???:doh: :whoknows: :insane: ,2K'S Graphics are about a year off from Madden 07's and 2k is a ''FOUR YEAR OLD GAME!!!Like I have said countless times before EA only did the exclusive rights thing becuase they feared 2k and the inevitable success 2k would have given the chance to produce football on the next gen systems,so EA ****ed up!!!Watch 2k8 blow Maddens rehased reused game outta the water..Onto other things..If anyone wants to test me in some Gears Of War hit me up..

Xbox live Gamertag:Boss Pimpin 874..

i love the madden fanboys comment....as if the other side of the fence aren't anything more than 2k fanboys.

i love the madden fanboys comment....as if the other side of the fence aren't anything more than 2k fanboys.

I see what you're saying Major :). I'm not a fanboy of either, I just want to see a good game. I've played my share of Madden's(since 92) and I've loved just about everything that Visual Concepts (former Madden development team) has done since their first "2K" title on the Dreamcast. If the 2K game does well, it will force EA to step their game up and deliver a complete football game to the people that are willing to shell out the $50-$60 every year for their titles.

Archived