Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gaines Adams- Bad Pick

cavs9

Mel Kiper also said Courtney Brown out of Va Tech was going to tear up the NFL.....I mean he had sooooo many sacks for VT

Cricket cricket

SAME PERSON. DIFFERENT YEAR

Do you mean Courtney Brown out of Penn State? I've never heard of a Courtney Brown at VA Tech.

As bad as the LaVar situation ended, imagine if the Browns had taken him no.1 and we picked Brown.

Ill take the word of Mel Kiper and nfl scouts over your buddy who played college ball. Is your buddy going to be drafted in the first round? Drafted at all? Im not trying to bash your post, and I thank you for the insight. Im just not sold is all. Good post though, its info we wouldnt have gotten otherwise, and maybe someone in the FO reads it and takes it into consideration. :cheers:

Man, what happened? You had it right at first, then got soft towards the end :doh: . :laugh:

To the original poster:

I think its wonderful that your buddy got the opportunity to touch Gaines Adams, great for him. But seriously, what was the point of posting this? You didnt expect people to actually jump off the ole bandwagon because your buddy squirted a shot of gatorade in his mouth, did ya? I hope not.

all these guys seem over rated

Anderson is not fricken Peppers

Adams doesnt seem fit to out muscle guys, we dont need another AC

Branch had big help from the rest of the line, so qb's practically came right to him.

Its like every tackle or sack is over hyped, but do we really know who holds their own on every play?

My bad....I was thinking of someone else from Va Tech

Let me wrack my brain though.....played for Denver....hold ittttt

Corey Moore

after recording 17 sacks, 12 tackles for losses, 23 quarterback hurries and four forced fumbles in his senior season with the Hokies.

Then....BUST

Gaines Adams = Corey Moore

guys, his handle says "Cavs" in it. Im guess the person who said this, "his buddy", is the starting TE at UVA. If not, there are 12 ACC schools, so around 24 starting TE's. I doubt the Clemson TE's say anything bad for Adams, so that's 22 or so.

I kinda get the feeling that Gaines Adams will have to be in a very perfect scheme suited for him. The team that comes to mind is the Colts. If they cannot re-sign Dwight Freeney, they may try to get Adams by some means. Gaines may even be moved to an OLB position in a 3-4, and that would mean a team like the Patriots could use him, or the Browns, or Cowboys.

Shawne Merriman and DeMarcus Ware, and many others are now 3-4 OLB's.

I've seen various concerns and attributes written about the guy - I have never seen him play other than looped video footage. I have read that he is poor against the run and very good in the pass rush ; I have also read that he is adept at both???

I would feel more comfortable taking Anderson personally but I could be very wrong about Adams I admit.

this entire thread is a bunch of horsemanuer . . . all these claims about Adam's not being good aganist the run are unfounded.

Maybe he's not as good against the run as J.Anderson or Branch . . and I'm not even saying he's as good as they are or would be a good fit for our team.

But all of these negative comments are lame, especially considering the fact that (if any of you) watched him play it was prolly a local game - aganist a team you were rooting for.

I'll refute it until the end of time . . . regardless of where he goes in the draft, or how good/bad he deos in the NFL.

He is the top defensive end in the ACC and is first team all ACC and has done nothing but make game changing plays for the Tigers and steadily improved every year. He singlehandedly spring boarded a comeback against the Deamon Deacons by creating a pressure, then a sack and a forced fumble and returned it for a TD for over 60 yards. he then proceeded to lead his team to a record high 24 points in one quarter of football.

They had a bad slide at the end of the year as a team . . . but they dominated both teams in the ACC title game (WF & GT). And for all you haters, the ACC is not a weak conference, it is quite the opposite. And other teams in the ACC are starting to make some noise and things are changing - and that has nothing to do with a lack of talent, but the opposite. Someof the other schools are starting to get some of these players that used to go to FSU only.

Ya'll have fun continuing to bash a guy's play that you haven't even watched on a consistant basis for yourself . . . and I'll conitnue to support his great college career that I watched from the stands in Death Valley. Hail to em.

Homer

and I dont mean Simpson

D'OH

wow, you contributed a lot to the discussion!

In this case, being a Homer would mean that I think he's the best pick for our defense in this years draft. Which I don't, so I am gonna have to disagree with your well thought out claim about me.

I'm just calling it like it is, you may not think he will be that great for us, and you know what, I agree with that and don't thin we should draft him or that he would fit in with our defense . But the bottom line is, his collegiate career (and stats, etc.) speaks for itslef.

Nice to see we have so many scouts out here who can look at player's performance in one game (if that) and call everything he's done as "average" and "over-hyped." Funny how that works.

Man, what happened? You had it right at first, then got soft towards the end :doh: . :laugh:

To the original poster:

I think its wonderful that your buddy got the opportunity to touch Gaines Adams, great for him. But seriously, what was the point of posting this? You didnt expect people to actually jump off the ole bandwagon because your buddy squirted a shot of gatorade in his mouth, did ya? I hope not.

i actually thought this was one of the more interesting posts of recent times. perhaps his budyd doesnt have the eye for potential like kiper, etc., but at least this is a more real opinion of the current skill level of adams

tgijef

i actually thought this was one of the more interesting posts of recent times. perhaps his budyd doesnt have the eye for potential like kiper, etc., but at least this is a more real opinion of the current skill level of adams

tgijef

Very true. Even Kiper didnt line up against him.

Has anyone seen the rave reviews for Adam Carriker from Nebraska? He's big, plays with a mean streak and from the sound of it he can rush the passer as well.

Maybe another option?

Saw that. He is apparently doing very well at the SB practices this week. Strong,and has the speed to get around the corner. If we trade down, I think he could be a serious option.

Gaines Anderson had one REALLY good game for Clemson was it? I'm beginning to agree. I think the guy is just overhyped in a conference that was arguably the weakest against BCS schools last year.
:laugh: This subject is now starting to mess with peoples minds. They are now starting to just meld players names together.

It's Gaines Adams. :)

Mel Kiper also said Courtney Brown out of Va Tech was going to tear up the NFL.....I mean he had sooooo many sacks for VT

Cricket cricket

SAME PERSON. DIFFERENT YEAR

Really??

The Tv must have crossed va tech games with Penn State consider Courtney and Lavar were wearing the same nittany lions unis

Navy Dave...look like three down from there

Corey Moore is who i was talking about.

Sorry it was like one am.

We have an undersized DE already....what do we want with 2?

Andre Carter is the exact type of player that Gaines Adams is. Slashing movement and quickness. We cannot afford to have that type of player opposite of AC. We need a DE who is 290 who will collapse the pocket and let AC take a stab. We would never stop the run either direction, see how badly we stopped the run in AC's direction this last season.

Gaines Adams might be a great player, but he does not fit our needs. Run Stoppage = Poundage, size...the ability to stand up the guy in front of you.

Draft Anderson

FA the Terd from Oakland

FA London Fletcher

Instant Front 7 makeover.

Our DB's will do better when we create pressure with the front seven. 20 sacks this year leaves every one of those players on an island.

I hope you like this educated response better than the Homer comment before.

Gaines Anderson had one REALLY good game for Clemson was it? I'm beginning to agree. I think the guy is just overhyped in a conference that was arguably the weakest against BCS schools last year.

He's actually tied for the all time sack record at clemson. Maybe you should have watched a few clemson games before giving your opinion about him.

Archived