Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Johnny Punani was RIGHT! The snow is here!

skinsfan07

Any College students here? Just wondering if they do cancel classes...

I went to school at George Washington. My freshman year (2002-2003) we missed school for 2 days when that big storm hit. That was 8-12 inches – not sure the exact amount.

I can’t remember having classes cancelled for snow besides for that time. I am 99.9% sure that this won't close any colleges in the area.

I went to school at George Washington. My freshman year (2002-2003) we missed school for 2 days when that big storm hit. That was 8-12 inches – not sure the exact amount.

I can’t remember having classes cancelled for snow besides for that time. I am 99.9% sure that this won't close any colleges in the area.

Are you sure only 2 days? The President's Day Storm of 2003 was 18 inches.

Are you sure only 2 days? The President's Day Storm of 2003 was 18 inches.

Yea - I thought it was only 2 days off, could have been 3, 4, or 5 for all I really know. The memory of that snow storm is not great as we were pretty wasted that entire week. Parties would start every day in the early afternoon all over campus because everyone knew we would be out of school for a while with all the snow. I also remember chaos breaking out because everyone started running out of beer and none of the liquor stores around campus had reopened yet from the storm. College…….oh how I miss it.

Be glad you all have snow. I'm in the NC Mountains and it's an ice storm here.

I'd much rather have the snow to drive in.

Same here....I was hoping for a nice little snow but other than the light dusting we got this morning, we had sleet, then freezing rain, and now more sleet.

Let me tell you how fun it is to drive an ambulance in this stuff!! :doh:

Damn warm air.

Got about 10 inches last weekend, got 4-5 on top of the slightly melted snow friday night, got 4 more yesterday, its 19 degrees out right now (feels like 3, apparently) 20-30 mph winds are blowing powdery snow everywhere, were supposed to get about an inch more before the morning, the high for tomorrow is around 28 degrees.

Cue the first person to say in a confused manner: BUT BUT BUT YOUR IN ARIZONA! ITS SO HOT THERE! When they clearly have never been to Flagstaff in the winter.

People are going crazy around here too, ski season on the mountain opened Friday in time for lots of snow.

Archived