Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(WP) La Canfora: Ravens are "anti-Skins"

E-Dog Night

If you read his blogs, he and the Redskins front office have had a few "disagreements" about information he writes as fact. I think he and Karl Swanson have exchanged a few emails. What better way to stick it to the Skins then write about the Ravens and how perfect they are :rolleyes:

Who wants to read about them in Washington anyway? The post is an embarassment in its handling of the skins, just as much as the reverse :2cents:

Seems lots of people have had "disagreements" with the Redskins organization since the team was sold. Must be everyone else, and not the common thread in all this.

BLABLABLA. The Ravens were 6-10 last year and about to fire their coach. Everyone in the lockeroom hated eachother. They fired assitant coaches. The owner told the coach to shut up.

They did stuff for hype. They had a show on HBO showing everything they do.

These writers just go with the group think.

Compare the last 15 years, my friend. It ain't even close.

Compare the last 15 years, my friend. It ain't even close.

You mean when they were in cleveland? :doh:

Or when md funded their stadium? :doh:

Or when they consistently field a top ten defense but they can't ever fix the offense? :doh:

Or when they dumped dilfer after winning the superbowl for elvis grbac? :doh:

With that defense they should have 3 superbowls.

You mean when they were in cleveland? :doh:

Or when md funded their stadium? :doh:

Or when they consistently field a top ten defense but they can't ever fix the offense? :doh:

Or when they dumped dilfer after winning the superbowl for elvis grbac? :doh:

With that defense they should have 3 superbowls.

I'm talking wins and losses.

Playoff appearances.

Super Bowl wins.

They own the skins since Danny took over. In fact, pretty much the entire league does.

Playoff appearances.

Super Bowl wins.

They own the skins since Danny took over. In fact, pretty much the entire league does.

That's not true. The Lions are worse. I think the Cardinals are too. And the Texans. And the Browns.

Get your facts straight: the Skins are not the worst team in the NFL. They're the 5th worst.

Playoff appearances.

Super Bowl wins.

OK so the point is why would the WASHINGTON Post run an article comparing them to the Ratbirds?

The new owner JUST took over.

His team was a SHAMBLES last year.

They played probably one of the EASIEST schedules this year.

2 games on their schedule against playoff teams.

Their division fell apart.

J La C has an axe to grind and his articles have no merit.

Look closer. It's an online blog by a Washington Post beat reporter, not a published article.

He is a Reporter for the post AND does online Blogs. I can't do an online blog there.

He is a Washington Post Redskins Beat Reporter...

A blog is simply a *published* article you can comment on.

You win. That article was an obvious hit job by LaCanfora that unfairly compared the Ravens and Redskins. Washington is clearly the better run franchise. He's so blinded by his hate for the Skins that he somehow thinks the Ratbirds are in better shape than the Redskins. What an idiot.

OK so the point is why would the WASHINGTON Post run an article comparing them to the Ratbirds?

The new owner JUST took over.

His team was a SHAMBLES last year.

They played probably one of the EASIEST schedules this year.

2 games on their schedule against playoff teams.

Their division fell apart.

J La C has an axe to grind and his articles have no merit.

Yet still the only team in the AFC North the Skins might beat is the Browns--and even then I'm not sure.

You win. That article was an obvious hit job by LaCanfora that unfairly compared the Ravens and Redskins. Washington is clearly the better run franchise. He's so blinded by his hate for the Skins that he somehow thinks the Ratbirds are in better shape than the Redskins. What an idiot.

Based on what? Money-making? Because by any football measurement, the Ravens are owning the skins since Danny took over. I love the Skins and always will, but that love doesn't blind me from reality.

I never said the Ratbirds aren't a better run franchise.

My point is the WASHINGTON Post shouldn't be writing articles on Baltimore teams and insulting Washington teams in the process.

The article was clearly written to slander the Redskins but apparently you can't critically analyze what you read. It is SO biased so as to slander the Redskins that it should be an insult to any Redskins fan. :2cents:

This pissed me off. Ravens have a good year - It's the norm and everything they did is great. Skins have a bad year, and everything they did is wrong. Give me a break. Last year was the article about how bad the Ravens were doing it and how going FA route was clearly the right way?

Don't give me the "Last year was the exception for the ravens" crap. Why? How about the year before that. The Ravens were ALSO 6-10

So from 1999 on -

Redskins are 62-66 and 2-2 in playoffs

Ravens are 72-56 and 5-3 in playoffs

So clearly the Ravens know what they are doing, right? F that. Why is that the right time frame? What about what happens next year? This is just a moment in time. Some here keep meationing the Ravens SB 6 years ago. Ok. Well what if we did this compersion last year.

1999 -2005 seasons

Skins 57-55

Ravens 59-53

2 game difference! Over 6 seasons! WOW! We should be JUST like them!

Give me a freakin break....

Based on what? Money-making? Because by any football measurement, the Ravens are owning the skins since Danny took over. I love the Skins and always will, but that love doesn't blind me from reality.

WOW no wonder you can't see the problem with J La C's article, you can't even read sarcasm!

I love how people are so willing to defelect and dismiss the fact that our FO is run in a dysfunctional manner, that they're too worried about perceptions and that most NFL teams outclass the way we do business in almost every respect. That Kool Aid must have some seriously strong **** in it :koolaid:

This pissed me off. Ravens have a good year - It's the norm and everything they did is great. Skins have a bad year, and everything they did is wrong. Give me a break. Last year was the article about how bad the Ravens were doing it and how going FA route was clearly the right way?

Don't give me the "Last year was the exception for the ravens" crap. Why? How about the year before that. The Ravens were ALSO 6-10

So from 1999 on -

Redskins are 62-66 and 2-2 in playoffs

Ravens are 72-56 and 5-3 in playoffs

So clearly the Ravens know what they are doing, right? F that. Why is that the right time frame? What about what happens next year? This is just a moment in time. Some here keep meationing the Ravens SB 6 years ago. Ok. Well what if we did this compersion last year.

1999 -2005 seasons

Skins 57-55

Ravens 59-53

2 game difference! Over 6 seasons! WOW! We should be JUST like them!

Give me a freakin break....

Don't apply logic here.

Throw in the MD Stadium Authority giving them a stadium.

I love how people are so willing to defelect and dismiss the fact that our FO is run in a dysfunctional manner, that they're too worried about perceptions and that most NFL teams outclass the way we do business in almost every respect. That Kool Aid must have some seriously strong **** in it :koolaid:

I agree with you 100%.

What I don't agree with is J La C trying to "stick it to us". That is my issue.

What about this quote, which I personally found interesting:

"The entire vibe about that franchise is top notch and classy, from the way they embrace and reach out to the former Baltmore Colts in town - you should hear ex-Skins talk privately about how they have been treated by their franchise since The Squire passed on - to their relaxed air."

This is the only part of the whole blog that disturbs me. Only 2 players Arrington and Bailey have come out to say that our organization treated them bad. The Ravens had an internal war going on in the locker room last year. I'd like to see proof other than the 2 players I mentioned, that hate the Skins as a whole.

Every year players aren't satisfied with certain teams wether it's money, playing time or personal. Sheet happens. It's not like we have a revolving door of pissed off players every year.

I'm sure the Redskins embrace their former players too. I'm sure Sonny, Art, Riggo and company can walk through Ashburn anytime they want. The Ravens as a whole are only 10 years old, so their actually legacy is former Browns, but they had to erase that when Cleveland kept their name and history. So the Ravens need a link to the past, so they are good to the "old" Colts because they hated the owner for taking them away and didn't blame the players.

I don't like that this guy insinuates we aren't a classy organization. That bothers me the most.

Archived