Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why is Anderson suddenly more valuable than Adams?

Joncevensen

Andersen looks like a Peppers/Strahan love child

he's an athletic beast

Bubba is right here, he really is also an amazing athlete. The guy came in as a WR at about 6'6, 215 or 220 and was asked to help them out at DE. He then put on over 60 lbs in a couple years, didn't lose much speed (I believe I read that he runs around a 4.6), picked up a brand new position on the other side of the ball and by his Junior year led the SEC (as another poster stated: SEC > all other conferences in talent) in sacks and was 2nd in tackles for loss. That is pretty much the definition of athleticism right there. Also, if he is this good after just a couple seasons at DE imagine how much our D line coaches will be able to get out of him after more intensive work on technique.

Bubba is right here, he really is also an amazing athlete. The guy came in as a WR at about 6'6, 215 or 220 and was asked to help them out at DE. He then put on over 60 lbs in a couple years, didn't lose much speed (I believe I read that he runs around a 4.6), picked up a brand new position on the other side of the ball and by his Junior year led the SEC (as another poster stated: SEC > all other conferences in talent) in sacks and was 2nd in tackles for loss. That is pretty much the definition of athleticism right there. Also, if he is this good after just a couple seasons at DE imagine how much our D line coaches will be able to get out of him after more intensive work on technique.

The more I hear about this guy, the more I like him. Let's just pray Tampa doesn't take him and he should be ours.

3 letters...S C C....nobody understood why OHIO ST lost to FLORIDA...another 3 letters for the answer... S C C...talent in the SCC is much better then what you think!

S.outh

E.astern

C.onference

http://www.secsports.com/

S.eminole

C.ommunity

C.ollege?

http://www.scc-fl.edu/

:laugh::laugh: :cheers:

Seriously though I think the idea is that Gaines Adams might be gone before #6 and that Branch and Anderson might be our more probable options.

Out of the two personally I would rather have Anderson over Anderson. Between Anderson and Adams I dont really care though I think Anderson might have better potential considering how young he is.

the fact anderson played in the SEC where more NFL talent now resides.. anderson is like a jason taylor type/julius pepper.. the guy can play both the run and pass effectively and would work great in a GW scheme

The combines may or may not prove this point. Right now we are putting the cart before the horse by predicting which lineman would be best for us. What he did in college does not really dictate what he is going to do in the pros.

Also with Adams you are banking on his potential. A lot of people feel that can gain the weight and be a better run defender, but so far he hasn't shown it.

Meanwhile, Anderson seems to be the complete package already.

Course, things can change with the practices and the combines.

Jason

Mmmmmmm. He put on 60lbs in 2 years without losng any speed - he must use the same training programme as Shawn Merriman ;)

Being a Brit I see little College football so these guys are just names and scouting reports to me so I really have no clue which of these 3 guys is the best fit/player for us. I do think that DE is the bigger need and that all things being equal you take the bigger guy over the tweener so I would lean towards Anderson unless Adams is clearly superior at getting to the QB.

From what I have read any of the 3 would be a good pick - which is why we probably do somethng daft like pick a WR or corner :doh:

Mmmmmmm. He put on 60lbs in 2 years without losng any speed - he must use the same training programme as Shawn Merriman ;)

I first read this and said to myself: What the **** is a program-e? Does he mean program? He must be from...

Being a Brit...

In mid thought I read this...I thought it was funny at least...there must be some colourful characters at the programme he goes to.

In all seriousness I agree, DE is the bigger need for us...in 16 games Phillip Daniels didnt do much to convince me he should stay over a 6th round pick rookie DT who logged more tackles than him in 4 less starts.

Adams might be gone by the time our pick comes up. I think clearly one of these defensive ends will be available barring some bizarre event where someone ahead of us drafts Branch and we have the pick between Adams and Anderson. I think either one would be good but I would rather go with the physical specimen in the good college division with the nice statistical season. I think honestly no matter what we do we will improve on defense. If we draft Branch and put him next to Carter, Andre may get more sacks and at the least our run defense should improve. If we draft Adams we should have good pressure on both ends of the line, and if we draft Anderson we will have good pressure and probably a better run defense than we would with Adams.

Because he is simply the most NFL ready , most complete package as a player than the others in the draft . He is good as run stopper but has that fast motor and escapability to put good and steady pressure inside the pocket , inside the backfield . He is smart and a good team player plus he is a physical freak and very young . He is to say the least a very possible franchise type player . A Dexter Manley , Charles Mann type of player . And with that kind of talent A. Carter would be that much better and so would our defensive backfield and LB's . No more 9 minutes drives keeping the ball away from our offense and tiring out our defense . That's why !!

Coz

Well, everyone knew that Adams had to come out. Thats why he was head and shoulders above the competition. Then came out Anderson. Apparently, it caught people by surprise. The reason I think he's more valuable is that he had more sacks (13 1/2), is better in run defense, and is more athletically talented (he used to be a WR), though its hard to dimish Adams's athletic ability after that blocked field goal for a score.

I think I would go with Anderson based on his size. Over the past three seasons I have noticed that the size of our front seven seems to be getting smaller and smaller. While this might be great for speed I think it puts us at a disadvantage when going agaist stonger run orieted offenses.

If we are going to place an emphasis on Joe Gibbs football next season (running the ball on O and stopping the run on D) this franchise needs to place an emphases on acquiring either Anderson or Branch through the draft and resigning Dockery. It doesn't make any sense to get a smaller pass-rushing defensive end in Adams when we already have that in Carter.

enough with the comparisons of Anderson to Jason Taylor or Julius Peppers. If this guy was anything like either of those two he would be a top 2 pick. Its way too early to even come up with these mock drafts. Every year the same thing happens, you have all these sure fire mock drafts and then the combine comes around and completely flips everyones predictions around. I know everyone loves to predict whats going to happen all the time but just be patient and wait for at least the combine.

Archived