Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs #5 Super Bowl Coach of all Time

graffjd

Belichick is gotta be up there. Three SBs over such a short time period is pretty impressive.

I'd say three SBs with three different mediocre QBs is more impressive, but I'm probably a little biased...

but 3 in 4 years in free agency is much more impressive and didn't 2 of the 3 superbowls come in strike shortened years?

Dude, this is OLLLLLDDDD :silly: . They show this every year during the playoffs. Riggins run is #1 offensive play.

They may have shown it last year but its not been shown every year. They just showed highlights from the Patriots v Panthers SB two years ago!

Do you have a link?

I read an ESPN article where they said he was #2 behind Lombardi.

The article said he was #2 because he won SB's with alot of different players, not a consecutive run like other teams have done.

My top 3 would be:

1 Lombardi

2 Gibbs

3 Shula ( still 16-0, and many still argue strength of opponent)

My Bad!! I forgot Walsh. He redefined offense with the west coast system. Put him at #2, and Gibbs #3.

What number is Shula? Am I the only one who likes this guy?

Beliichick is good only because of Tom Brady. All his superbowls were won with Brady at the helm. Why did he stink so much before Tom Brady? When he was with Cleveland he hardly ever made the playoffs.

this excuse can be used for alot of qbs that won superbowls with 1 qb..

Do you have a link?

I read an ESPN article where they said he was #2 behind Lombardi.

Its an Espn show on the deuce right now

other redskins notes

Mike Bass play in SB 7 was #9 defensive play

John Riggins was #8 best performance

I don't know how you can leave Timmy Smith or Doug Williams out of the top 10

If it's truly SUPER BOWL Era coaching, then why is Lombardi #1? Yes, he's the greatest coach of all time. Yes, he's the last to win 3 titles in a row and dominated the 60's like nobody has dominated a decade since, but he "only" won 2 Super Bowls.

To me the list is simple. Whoever has the most wins, is the top coach period. If it's a tie in terms of wins, the tiebreaker would be total appearences.

Chuck Noll won 4 so he's #1.

Joe Gibbs won 3 and appeared in 4 so he gets #2.

Next Bill Walsh and Bill Belichick can battle it out for 3 and 4 since they are both 3-0 in Super Bowls.

Next Don Shula and Tom Landry can battle it out for 5 and 6 since they both won 2 titles and appeared in 5 Super Bowls each. (Correction: Don Shula also coached the Colts in SB 3 so he's actually coached in 6 Super Bowls so he would be #5 and Landry #6)

Then the rest.

but 3 in 4 years in free agency is much more impressive and didn't 2 of the 3 superbowls come in strike shortened years?

by reading many of your posts, i cant tell whether you're a more of a patriots fan or a redskins fan, even though your username is skinsfan2k;)

Archived