Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NASCAR Fans: Possible for the No 3 to make a return?

Xameil

Ok, just remember that some of us take our racing as seriously as we do our football. Secondly, what you have said here is much different than what you said previously, you have to admit that your prior comments are quite a bit different to the point of almost being the opposite...almost.;)

I ADMIT NOTHING!!! :paranoid:

;)

yeah I need to think first before I type, and make sure I type what I mean....forgive me it's been wicked busy here at work and my brain has been split in many different ways.

And I watch racing almost every week during the season, and am constantly keeping up on the news, so I think I take it fairly seriously as well ;).

That Gibbs racing is intriguing. That could very well be a possiblity, if GR can afford him.

JGR already has a 4th team starting soon, and NASCAR will be limiting the # of teams in a couple years.

If Jr leaves DEI, I will almost bet he goes to RCR. But wouldn't it be intriguing if Waltrip lures him over to Toyota?

I ADMIT NOTHING!!! :paranoid:

;)

yeah I need to think first before I type, and make sure I type what I mean....forgive me it's been wicked busy here at work and my brain has been split in many different ways.

And I watch racing almost every week during the season, and am constantly keeping up on the news, so I think I take it fairly seriously as well ;).

LOL too funny!

Yeah, I too watch racing every weekend, which explains why right now my Sunday afternoons are spent at Wal-Mart. No Redskins playoff football and no racing.:cry:

LOL too funny!

Yeah, I too watch racing every weekend, which explains why right now my Sunday afternoons are spent at Wal-Mart. No Redskins playoff football and no racing.:cry:

just keep updating yourself on the goings on. Foxsports.com actually has some good NASCAR coverage.

This year is gonna be full of interesting "storylines" Top 2 being Toyota and the COT.

just keep updating yourself on the goings on. Foxsports.com actually has some good NASCAR coverage.

This year is gonna be full of interesting "storylines" Top 2 being Toyota and the COT.

I was watching a little of the practice at Daytona yesterday on SPEED, that almost gave me my fix, but not quite. I too am interested to see how the Toyotas do this year, but I think they need stronger drivers than the few "seasoned vets" *edit(non-winning)/edit* that are currently driving for them.

The Car of the Future is pretty interesting too, it runs at Bristol once this year right? It's going to change NASCAR forever if they stay with it. I know that NASCAR hasn't been "stock" for years but there was always something nice about having the manufacturers in the mix.

I was watching a little of the practice at Daytona yesterday on SPEED, that almost gave me my fix, but not quite. I too am interested to see how the Toyotas do this year, but I think they need stronger drivers than the few "seasoned vets" *edit(non-winning)/edit* that are currently driving for them.

The Car of the Future is pretty interesting too, it runs at Bristol once this year right? It's going to change NASCAR forever if they stay with it. I know that NASCAR hasn't been "stock" for years but there was always something nice about having the manufacturers in the mix.

they have a past champion driving if I'm not mistaken. Didn't Dale Jarrett win?

yeah the COT has a limited run schedule, and I think Bristol is one of them. I expect Toyota to finish strong every week. I just wonder about the crew chiefs not the drivers.

they have a past champion driving if I'm not mistaken. Didn't Dale Jarrett win?

yeah the COT has a limited run schedule, and I think Bristol is one of them. I expect Toyota to finish strong every week. I just wonder about the crew chiefs not the drivers.

You're right Jarrett is a past champion, but when was the last time that he won a race, and in the last 5 years how many races has he won? I respect Jarrett, and I really liked him when he was driving for Joe Gibbs, but he just hasn't been overly competitive as of late. I do hope that the Toyotas will do well, and if their performance in Truck racing is any indication they will probably do very well indeed.

You're right Jarrett is a past champion, but when was the last time that he won a race, and in the last 5 years how many races has he won? I respect Jarrett, and I really liked him when he was driving for Joe Gibbs, but he just hasn't been overly competitive as of late. I do hope that the Toyotas will do well, and if their performance in Truck racing is any indication they will probably do very well indeed.

I don't think you can totally blame Jarrett for his performance over the past few years. I believe he won a race or two the year before last. Last year I think he got the blah treatment since he said he was bolting for Toyota. DJ also has had some bad luck with crew chiefs, and accidents that weren't his fault. Toyota will be strong. They cut their F1 program for this...and they brought Red Bull with them.

It would be so cool to see Jr in the RCR #3. I am not happy about the COT or Toyota coming though. That COT is so ugly, I'll just have to see it race on the track before I make a judgement about it. But it sucks because one of my favorite drivers, Brian Vickers, is driving for Toyota so I will have to kind of root for them. Hopefully he will get Toyota its first win. Lets Go Jeff Gordon. 2007 Nextel Cup Champ.

It would be so cool to see Jr in the RCR #3. I am not happy about the COT or Toyota coming though. That COT is so ugly, I'll just have to see it race on the track before I make a judgement about it. But it sucks because one of my favorite drivers, Brian Vickers, is driving for Toyota so I will have to kind of root for them. Hopefully he will get Toyota its first win. Lets Go Jeff Gordon. 2007 Nextel Cup Champ.
Your kidding right?? No self respecting bubba NASCAR fan roots for Gordon. What arrrre yaaa boy one a them there Rainbow Warriors???? ;)

:laugh: he's got a point there...LET'S GO JR!!!!!!

Anyways, I think Vickers probably gets the coveted team of Red Bull. I feel that out of all the Toyota teams, this one will be the golden one. Red Bull has a great history with Toyota, and I think that their past sponsership relationship will help out the rest of the crew and driver.

JGR already has a 4th team starting soon, and NASCAR will be limiting the # of teams in a couple years.

If Jr leaves DEI, I will almost bet he goes to RCR. But wouldn't it be intriguing if Waltrip lures him over to Toyota?

I can't see that happening.

No way Jr races for Mikey

No way Jr isn't in a Chevy.

He adores Gibbs, respects Stewart... Going to RCR would be admitting defeat in the shadow of his father in my opinion. I only see him going to RCR if he can't bring his sponsor or number with him. And let's be honest, who do you think Bud is loyal to?

Your kidding right?? No self respecting bubba NASCAR fan roots for Gordon. What arrrre yaaa boy one a them there Rainbow Warriors???? ;)

I’m pretty bubba, even have that nickname. And I am a Gordon fan. RHR!!! Can’t stand Jr and his talent less self. Stewart gets some love from me since he’s a hot head, a damn good driver and a Gibbs boy, but the #24 and #48 teams own my cheers!

I don’t have a problem with my manhood.

Stick that in ya distiller and drink it! :cheers:

I agree no self respecting male can cheer for Jeffie Pooh Gordon, the queen of the Rainbow Princesses.

Here's the official 2007 Dupont Chevrolet team photo. I think Jeff is on the horse.

rainbowlandpicture26dg.jpg&usg=__ijXhDcCvHO4P5_mVeHU2991tZ5c=

NeckCar........

Yeah, and we football fans and players are highly regarded for our universal high degree of intellectal capability! Not only that but there is more science and math in a single NASCAR machine than in an entire football locker room. A wind tunnel in NASCAR actually means more than an O-lineman with gas.;)

UUUUUggggghhhh! The only driver I hate worse than Gordon is Johnson. He is the king whiner. Took that title away from Gordon as a matter of fact. :D

You took the words right out of my mouth! As far as Johnson's title is concerned to me there will ALWAYS be a very large * next to it, because when a crew chief cheats and is suspended for 4 races they should have penalized the entire team with a points penalty, because it was not as if the Crew chief acted alone in what he did. I'm sorry but because of that fiasco in Daytona Johnson's entire year and championship is tainted horribly.

I would LOVE to see JR come over to GR. I know that he grew up a Redskins fan and is very good friends with Denny and Tony, but as far as Bud coming wherever Dale goes? Remember, NONE of JGR cars are primarily sponsored by alcoholic beverages. This may have something to do with Gibbs or may have something to do with the sponsors.

JR was my favorite driver until halfway through Daytona when the announcers told the story about Denny standing in line for 3 hours to get Joe Gibbs' autograph when he was 7 or so. He stil has that picture.

Also I'm glad to see that Denny got ROY, I mean you only get one chance to win that one...

Also I'm glad to see that Denny got ROY, I mean you only get one chance to win that one...

Yeah, that was nice to see, but heck the boy flat earned it. There wasn't another rookie that came even halfway close to doing what Denny did last year, he was insane, and had a legitimate shot at the championship right up until the finish. IMO, you can't ask for more out of a rookie than that.

I’m pretty bubba, even have that nickname. And I am a Gordon fan. RHR!!! Can’t stand Jr and his talent less self. Stewart gets some love from me since he’s a hot head, a damn good driver and a Gibbs boy, but the #24 and #48 teams own my cheers!

I don’t have a problem with my manhood.

Stick that in ya distiller and drink it! :cheers:

lol Gordon is anti bubba in every sense...he's a California boy being the obvious one. Plus he's such a whiner as everyone says. You like Tony for having a hot head, and yet you like Gordon and Johnson, the two biggest complainers in the series?!? And why the animosity towards Jr.? He's earned his place. His father didn't make anything easy for him.

I can't see that happening.

No way Jr races for Mikey

No way Jr isn't in a Chevy.

He adores Gibbs, respects Stewart... Going to RCR would be admitting defeat in the shadow of his father in my opinion. I only see him going to RCR if he can't bring his sponsor or number with him. And let's be honest, who do you think Bud is loyal to?

how is it admitting defeat in the shadow of his father?

UUUUUggggghhhh! The only driver I hate worse than Gordon is Johnson. He is the king whiner. Took that title away from Gordon as a matter of fact. :D

funniest is when they stat complaining and whining about each other.....lol. Best was when Gordon was upset Johnson didn't let him win....lol.

When I look at the #24 and #48 teams, I see champions. You may see them as whiners, but I see them as pace changers. If Nascar's primary responsibility and concern since 01 on the track is safety, I think they better speak up to help the game. Perhaps they should be more discrete, but let's be honest, when has being discrete ever shown progress? Gordon gave up all of his resources for Johnson and now is a series driving champ and a car owning champ. Gordon's struggled lately because his driving style isn't compatible with today's racing. Many think that changes with the COT. And to dislike a guy because he isn't from the south east isn't my cup of tea, nor is not liking a guy because of his sponsors paint scheme. Next year, he'll surpass the "Great one" with most wins in far less time. Had he not opened up the #48 team, he'd probably be over 100 by now.

When I look at the #8 car, I see a name. He wouldn't have the sponsors, the fans or the recognition if his last name was anything else. I think that his fans are those responsible for Bush Jr. in office, scared of change and are in love with only familiar things.

I like Tony because of his car owner, respect his driving abilities and for his entertainment value.

ETA: Eury Jr and even stated that at least 5 other cars were cheating that day, but Knaus was the one busted. So let's not act like cheating in this sport is something that EVERYONE doesn't do. Foolish.

When I look at the #24 and #48 teams, I see champions. You may see them as whiners, but I see them as pace changers. If Nascar's primary responsibility and concern since 01 on the track is safety, I think they better speak up to help the game. Perhaps they should be more discrete, but let's be honest, when has being discrete ever shown progress? Gordon gave up all of his resources for Johnson and now is a series driving champ and a car owning champ. Gordon's struggled lately because his driving style isn't compatible with today's racing. Many think that changes with the COT. And to dislike a guy because he isn't from the south east isn't my cup of tea, nor is not liking a guy because of his sponsors paint scheme. Next year, he'll surpass the "Great one" with most wins in far less time. Had he not opened up the #48 team, he'd probably be over 100 by now.

When I look at the #8 car, I see a name. He wouldn't have the sponsors, the fans or the recognition if his last name was anything else. I think that his fans are those responsible for Bush Jr. in office, scared of change and are in love with only familiar things.

I like Tony because of his car owner, respect his driving abilities and for his entertainment value.

ETA: Eury Jr and even stated that at least 5 other cars were cheating that day, but Knaus was the one busted. So let's not act like cheating in this sport is something that EVERYONE doesn't do. Foolish.

point is Gordon is a hippocrite. He points the fingers at people one moment, then does the exact same thing another. And don't say he's doing it because they did it to him either. In fact someone did to him what he did to them one week, and he cried. The 48 team? I will give it to them, they are fighters.

To say all you see is a name and he wouldn't have the fans or sponsers otherwise is false. Jr worked his way up from the bottom, and won 2 busch titles. I believe he earned what he has.

Archived