Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NASCAR Fans: Possible for the No 3 to make a return?

Xameil

OK...I'm sick of being in the tailgate and ad nauseum talk about football contracts. I was reading a few articles on Foxsports about Dale Earnhardt Jr., and his contract. Apparently, his is up at the end of the season. That and the recent comments made by his step mother are possibly setting up a return of the No 3 to the track.

Jr., and his step mother are not on the greatest of terms, and in his new contract, he wants partial ownership of what is rightfully his...a stake in DEI. Now if he doesn't get it, do you think he goes over to Childress, the owner of the 3? We know Childress is holding the number, and said that only an Earnhardt will ever drive it. If Jr does leave for Childress, do you think he'll drive the 3, or will he continue to blaze his own trail in NASCAR? What would you think about seeing the No. 3 ride around the track again.

Just to add another rumor going around, BF Goodwrench left the 29 car, will BF Goodwrench try and sweeten the deal, and get Jr. over to RCR to drive the 3?

Ok, I was never a fan of "The Intimidator", but I don't like the thought of the #3 back on the track for any reason even if an Earnhardt is driving it. Also I think Jr. needs to be his own man and stay with the #8, which means that he needs to start working the lawyers to get his share of DEI before the owners run it into the ground, because right now they are doing a crappy job and they are certainly not living up to the potential of DEI, sure they made the chase last season, but they wasted the entire previous year with a pointless crew chief change that ruined both Jr's and Waltrip's seasons. (Not saying that Waltrip would have been able to do anything other than slow down the lap averageeither way, but I go by the rule of "If it ain't broke you don't break it."

With what Teresa said about him at the end of 06 I think it is more likely Jr leaves. #1 option by far is RCR. I think that is the only other owner he would consider driving for.

If he and Bud do go to RCR, it would be the 3.

Jr made some comments at testing yesterday that indicate he and Teresa have a totally business relationship. Apparently this is an old wound that goes back to when he was a kid.

Think we can lure him to the Gibbs racing team?

Hmmmm, I was thinking about this very thing. I just don't know either way. He and Tony have always raced well together, and man-o-man it would give the Gibbs racing stable 3 total stallions on the track each week; Stewart, Earnhardt, and Hamlin. But, for some reason I just don't see him coming this direction. He would also have to completely change his number unless he aquired the rights for the #8 from DEI.

BTW, here's what my wife got me for my Annonymous anniversary last year.

tonyjacket.jpg

I'm not sure what I would do if I were Jr. The main thing I would want wherever I went was a partial ownership stake. He is by far the biggest draw in NASCAR and brings his own sponsorship with him. I'm not sure RCR would give up any stake in ownership.

I'm not sure any team with the kind of cars Jr. would want to drive would give up part ownership. He may strkie off on his own and create his own team. I have heard on NASCAR news shows that most of the racing end of DEI would leave to follow Jr. if it comes to that.

My bet is he would start his own team. I only see him driving the #3 after he wins a championship on his own. I have a suspicion also that if Jr. ever had his own successful team that Richard Childress might give the #3 to him if he wanted it. Those 2 go back a long way.

If I were Dale Jr. I would want to create my own legacy.

What makes you think he wants #3?

he has his own legacy already, and he has driven the #3 before for a Busch race.

Hmmmm, I was thinking about this very thing. I just don't know either way. He and Tony have always raced well together, and man-o-man it would give the Gibbs racing stable 3 total stallions on the track each week; Stewart, Earnhardt, and Hamlin.

JGR would have 3 HUGE and 1 very capable racer. the #18 driver is good and will compete this year.

I'm not sure what I would do if I were Jr. The main thing I would want wherever I went was a partial ownership stake. He is by far the biggest draw in NASCAR and brings his own sponsorship with him. I'm not sure RCR would give up any stake in ownership.

I'm not sure any team with the kind of cars Jr. would want to drive would give up part ownership. He may strkie off on his own and create his own team. I have heard on NASCAR news shows that most of the racing end of DEI would leave to follow Jr. if it comes to that.

My bet is he would start his own team. I only see him driving the #3 after he wins a championship on his own. I have a suspicion also that if Jr. ever had his own successful team that Richard Childress might give the #3 to him if he wanted it. Those 2 go back a long way.

Jr has stated he does not want ANY part ownership from any other race team...ONLY DEI since it was his fathers. If he doesn't get DEI, then he will settle and be more then happy with just racing. Besides, he already owns his own team in the Busch series, and I would expect that car to turn heads this year

I think Jr should get a lawyer and get Theresa out of his Fathers buisness because she has done nothing for that organzation for it to suceed

I don't think his father had it set up yet in his will to leave the team to his sons' and daughter. So I think legally it is hers.

Jr. is getting bogged done with too much off the track.More excuses for missing the chase in 07.

I hope he moves on and starts anew.

actually it's his sister who is his business manager who is dealing with it all. As he states, all he wants to do is race, and that's really all he's concentrating on.

he has his own legacy already, and he has driven the #3 before for a Busch race.

Earnhardt Jr has his own legacy? And what would that legacy be? Kinda sum it up for me in a sentence if you will please, 'cause I'd like to know exactly how to describe Earnhardt's legacy. I'm a HUGE Tony Stewart fan and I would even question the claim that Stewart has a legacy now, *edit* and Tony has two championships and is continually a dominant driver week in and week out.*/edit. As for Jr. well if he does have a legacy now its that Jr is a capable driver who shares DNA with a champion and legendary driver. Jr needs to do more on the track for a much more extended period of time before any claim of legacy can be legitimately made.

Earnhardt Jr has his own legacy? And what would that legacy be? Kinda sum it up for me in a sentence if you will please, 'cause I'd like to know exactly how to describe Earnhardt's legacy. I'm a HUGE Tony Stewart fan and I would even question the claim that Stewart has a legacy now, *edit* and Tony has two championships and is continually a dominant driver week in and week out.*/edit. As for Jr. well if he does have a legacy now its that Jr is a capable driver who shares DNA with a champion and legendary driver. Jr needs to do more on the track for a much more extended period of time before any claim of legacy can be legitimately made.
Jr doesn't have a legacy and will not until he wins the Cup. He knows that.

Tony and Denny are very good friends with Jr. Jr tried to hire Denny away from Gibbs a couple of years ago cause he knew the talent he had.

:laugh: you two need to chill out...I misspoke the first time...what I meant to say was he wasn't and didn't need to follow in his fathers footsteps, or live in his legacy. Jr. is blazing his own path, and will always be considered an excellent racer doing things his own way, and not his fathers.

What exactly did Theresa say about Junior that has spun this up?

Teresa and Jr have never been on the best of terms since he was 6 yrs old. But what REALLY got this going was when she said to the media that he needs to decide what he wants to be a race car driver or a PR person. (not exact words, but damn close).

This kinda upset Jr., since she needs to decide if she's an owner or not since she is never at the races, and lets assistants handle EVERYTHING. This is part of the reason Jr wants part ownership.

:laugh: you two need to chill out...I misspoke the first time...what I meant to say was he wasn't and didn't need to follow in his fathers footsteps, or live in his legacy. Jr. is blazing his own path, and will always be considered an excellent racer doing things his own way, and not his fathers.

Ok, just remember that some of us take our racing as seriously as we do our football. Secondly, what you have said here is much different than what you said previously, you have to admit that your prior comments are quite a bit different to the point of almost being the opposite...almost.;)

Archived