Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis talking to Tiki on NFL Network

21KO

How many people on this thread who are finding fault with what Portis said actually saw the interview themselves?..

Probably no more than 20%, judging from the comments. :laugh: The man was conducting an interview. I really don't see how anyone could be so paranoid as to take his question to Tiki as a dig at the Redskins. :doh:

Thankfully I saw that interview for myself and it didn't make me think ooh he's throwing the team under the bus.Geez:doh: it was a nice interview he looked very snazzy...The End.

He did look snazzy. I thought it was hilarious when Deion said that the first thing you have to learn is that you can't "outbling" your guests. :laugh:

CP was actually a better correspondent than I expected him to be. I thought it was a cool little segment. :)

I love CP.

He plays his ass off on Sundays and is a leader on the Redskins for the way he speaks his mind.

Every public move the man makes is dissected until half of Redskins nation is turned against him for something that had no malicious intent at all. Its sad really...

I just hope no one in the organization takes this board seriously as the majority opinion of the Redskins Nation because there are some ridiculous POVs around here after a losing season.

With CP and Ladell in the backfield next season we could easily have the #1 rushing attack in the league even without a 1000 yd QB skewing the numbers.

He did look snazzy. I thought it was hilarious when Deion said that the first thing you have to learn is that you can't "outbling" your guests. :laugh:

CP was actually a better correspondent than I expected him to be. I thought it was a cool little segment. :)

What was Deion saying about voting CP for best dressed?

Deion had me rolling with saying how the overcoat CP had draped around him reminded him of the late great James Brown.

I personally did not see the interview, so I'm not judging CP on it. But I do know that I've heard interviews done by players before and I've had reactions similar to this one (geesh.. does "so and so" not like his current coach, or "I don't get the ball enough and therefore that's why we aren't winning"), but I don't pay a lot of attention to what or how it is said because it isn't a Redskin... a lot of players tend to relate to fellow players on that level. Sometimes I cringe a little about comments that are made, but I also realize that comments like that can be taken out of context. I certainly won't assume anything since I didn't even see it.

CP can't be happy with this year... he was injured all year, never 100%. As a professional ball player, that has to be eating at him a little bit and perhaps he is taking it out a little bit on everyone else. I'd be frustrated if I were him and not at 100% all year, and seeing the team do what they did. Then Betts comes in and gets his four 100-yard games (almost 5).

Just don't knee-jerk assume something is the worst, until you know for a fact. Then we can worry.

He wasn't bashing anyone/anything.

All running backs feel the same way and he was trying to relate to what had just happened on the field. Tiki was doing good, they went away from it and Clinton said that (not word for word) and def not as a backsided insult towards the Skins.

The guy loves the Redskins. He's in pain both from surgery and not having an impact this year because of injuries. Give him next year and you guys will be having a ball. He's that good

Yeah and he aint lying.

The Giants went away from the run again and Coughlin should be fired.

He has Tiki and a 260 pound back waiting on the sidelines; pathetic

I'll admit I didn't watch much of this game. But I did notice that Tiki ended up with 26 carries. That number tells me he didn't abandon the running game as you're implying. Either that, or a large majority of those carries came in the first half. Even if Coughlin did get away from giving it to Tiki, the Giants did still manage to tie it up at 20 in the late going. I don't think you can put this loss on Coughlin. If the defense makes a stop late then it goes into OT and its anyone's game.

Think of this in a business perspective versus a "fan of the team" perspective; it is not that big of a deal. Portis has the intangibles (good at his job, hard working, etc) and will sometimes vent. The worst thing you can do to a guy like Portis is shut him up. He speaks for the players who cannot speak their mind because this is the only job that they will have. If Portis taking small jabs in the offseason about a defunct season keeps the players happy, so be it.

Oedipus? I don't care what the Redskins do, they should never have enough influence on you that they drive you to **** your own mother :laugh:

AAAH HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude... I just busted out laughing so hard my co-workers stared at me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll admit I didn't watch much of this game. But I did notice that Tiki ended up with 26 carries. That number tells me he didn't abandon the running game as you're implying. Either that, or a large majority of those carries came in the first half. Even if Coughlin did get away from giving it to Tiki, the Giants did still manage to tie it up at 20 in the late going. I don't think you can put this loss on Coughlin. If the defense makes a stop late then it goes into OT and its anyone's game.

Yes thats true. Most of the carries were in the first half. I saw in the third QTR where the Eagles werent biting on the play-action because the Giants weren't using Tiki until the end of the game.

What about the monster (264 lbs.) in Brandon Jacobs?? The guy moves the crowd. The Giants would have had more oppurtunity with him in on third and short as oppose to Eli throwing off of his back foot.

Coughlin should be fired.

*sigh* If this turns into another Portisgate, I'm just going to go full-out Oedipus in frustration.

Have we done that to him? Yes, I'm pretty sure we have. In fact, I'm fairly certain that has happened to a large number of running backs in the league. Should he keep talking about it? No.

That is all. :)

nevermind...

Every public move the man makes is dissected until half of Redskins nation is turned against him for something that had no malicious intent at all. Its sad really...

I just hope no one in the organization takes this board seriously as the majority opinion of the Redskins Nation because there are some ridiculous POVs around here after a losing season.

With CP and Ladell in the backfield next season we could easily have the #1 rushing attack in the league even without a 1000 yd QB skewing the numbers.

oh, how true that is...

Archived