Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you hate Joe Gibbs if...

Thirtyfive2seven

I was just sitting around watchin the playoffs and there was an announcement about how the Tuna may not coach in Dallas next year. Who cares, right? But it got me thinking about all the other teams he's coached over the years and just left them hanging.

So my question is, wouldn't you HATE Joe Gibbs if he came back to coach another team instead of the Redskins? Or what if he resigned after another bad season, heck, even a good season and then coached another team?

Yah it's the off-season and the Giants/Eagles game is boring to me.

no, I could never hate Joe Gibbs, not for what he has done for this franchise. We could lose all of our games over the next two years and I wouldn't hate the guy. Even if he did retire and coach another team. However if he did do that he wouldn't be Joe Gibbs. It's just not his style.

So my question is, wouldn't you HATE Joe Gibbs if he came back to coach another team instead of the Redskins? Or what if he resigned after another bad season, heck, even a good season and then coached another team?.

Personally, I'm getting to the point where I've lost all respect for Joe Gibbs anyway, so I'm not sure that him coming back and coaching some other team would make all that much of a difference to me.

Personally, I'm getting to the point where I've lost all respect for Joe Gibbs anyway, so I'm not sure that him coming back and coaching some other team would make all that much of a difference to me.

You're a weird dude. If I was you I'd shoot myself.

Joe Gibbs wouldn't do that first of all (he has said as much). Secondly, Joe Gibbs and the word Hate just don't go together.

Since we are talking hypothetically, I suppose if Gibbs jumped ship this offseason and took the Giants job (they will soon have an opening) because they offered him a ton of money, I would lose a lot of respect for him, but don't think it would reach the level of hate.

Hail,

H

Depends. Let's say he came back, traded a bunch of draft picks for scrubs and pathetic vet QB's with no game left, signed some crummy FA's, had mostly crummy drafts, didn't get a GM, and brought Vinny with him? If he did that, I'd gladly sick him on a rival. But if he came back and turned into a Bellichek/Pioli type, then I'd be sick to my stomach.

Any absolutist kind of opinion about things like this died the day Art Monk wore a Jets jersey. After that, I felt anything was possible :(.

I don't think JG would coach another team as he had numerous offers to coach after he left the SKINS the first time and turned them down. Joe Gibbs is a man of character unlike our favorite Giant, Jet, Pat and then Dallas coach Bill. Did I forget any? Bill loves walking on his former employers with time left on his contract and really gets off comming to a city that had a bad coach so he looks even better. I especially like the way he seems to show up for a job before the old coach is fired, to rub it in, like waiting another day will make a diff. Lombardi came here because he missed coaching and didnt want to fire his friend in Green Bay after he stepped down as their coach so he took another job. My feeling is that it takes 5 years to see if a coach is improving the team as there are so many factors that are out of his control. Cheers, Jack.

Disappointed, perhaps. Hate.. never. Too strong of a word for Joe Gibbs.

But this is hypothetical. I do not believe he would ever coach another team. As far as being part of another team, he was a small percentage owner of the Falcons before he came back, wasn't he?

I was just sitting around watchin the playoffs and there was an announcement about how the Tuna may not coach in Dallas next year. Who cares, right? But it got me thinking about all the other teams he's coached over the years and just left them hanging.

So my question is, wouldn't you HATE Joe Gibbs if he came back to coach another team instead of the Redskins? Or what if he resigned after another bad season, heck, even a good season and then coached another team?

Yah it's the off-season and the Giants/Eagles game is boring to me.

Not that it would ever happen, but i would be fairly annoyed if he did ever coach another team. He's a Redskin for life IMO.

Any absolutist kind of opinion about things like this died the day Art Monk wore a Jets jersey. After that, I felt anything was possible :(.

First off, I love the sarcasm and shot at the current administration. Funny stuff :)

Anyways, I agree man I said the same thing when I saw Gary Clark in a Cardinals jersey. Just strange stuff.

Archived