Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Uh oh....Israel plans nuke strike on Iran...

Spaceman Spiff

ISRAEL has drawn up secret plans to destroy Iran’s uranium enrichment facilities with tactical nuclear weapons.

My guess is that every nation with a strike force big enough to handle this type of thing has similar contingency plans. Does this mean that they will ever be used? Of course not, what it does mean is that they plan for every scenario so when the time comes it can be put into action, immediately. One must remember that our government pays people to sit in rooms and think of scary scenarios and then plan for them, that doesn't mean that all of these plans will be put into action, it just means that they are pre-planned.

Although with Israel, ya never know.

I dont know if Russia would nuke Isreal but seeing how China and Russia are trading partners with Iran, I wouldnt be suprised if they were pissed. Not to mention the close proximity to their border.

Im sure your smarter than all of us, but I would suggest you look at a map here soon and come back and correct your statement so you can maintain your smarter than the rest of us visage.

as a bonus, shagman your a douche bag.

Considering their power and situation, Israel exercises a tremendous amount of restraint.

If by restraint you mean being held back, hand-cuffed and otherwise shackled by US diplomacy...then yeah they show restraint. Trust me, if it weren't for US involvement over there then Israel would be striking whoever, and whenever they wished. It is US and Western involvment that has kept the Middle East from tearing itself to shreds. Why? Here's a hint....

oil_rig.jpg

If by restraint you mean being held back, hand-cuffed and otherwise shackled by US diplomacy...then yeah they show restraint. Trust me, if it weren't for US involvement over there then Israel would be striking whoever, and whenever they wished. It is US and Western involvment that has kept the Middle East from tearing itself to shreds. Why? Here's a hint....

oil_rig.jpg

Wrong again.

If Israel uses a nuke to nuke the nukes; they will be wiped off the face of the earth. Russia will nuke Israel. Then we will launch our nukes.

Israel uses a nuke- Iran's allies that have nukes-- will respond for them.

It actually took you time to type this out.. It wasnt a slip of the tongue thay you later took back.. quite amazing..

So your saying if Israel using nuclear tipped missles to get to the nuclear plants...

Russia will launch a nuclear attack on the entire population

and the United States will retaliate with a strike against the Russia that will cause an all out nuclear strike..

You didnt put much thought into this.

The Israelis better not use Nuclear bombs because that would open up a whole can of worms. If they use them to pre-emptively stike a nation, there are going to be a whole bunch of other nations in the middle east clamoring to get their hands on nukes. More importantly, that will change international relations big time. Now nations will claim to have the right to use nuclear weapons to first strike other nations.

Consider this situation, Israel has stated they will pre-emptively strike Iran because of security reasons. But if Iran gets nukes before them, can they not claim to pre-empitvely strike Israel, considering that Israel has vowed to strike them? The "first strike" game gets very dangerous and I hope no country ever decides to use nukes to gain the "first strike" advantage.

After the US nuked Japan, the world saw how useless nukes actually were. If another country were to use them, that would make other states more willing to use them, to garner more international attention.

I like how everybody says they would support this plan (and that's all I think it will ever be) but they never think of the consequences.

Maybe you guys don't understand that Israel will be wiped off the map if they were to use nukes in the Middle East. Right now, terrorism is the policy of extremist factions, not a united effort. If a Middle East nation were nuked, every single Arab nation would fight Israel. Say what you want, but Israel cannot stand to that might. As much as one could argue the past, things would be different considering the desperation that the Arab nations would have. More important to the conflict would be the support (i.e. from the US) they would lose. The UN and other nations have been pretty lax about criticizing the US for vetoing every sanction or action against Israel. If the US were to not sanction or actively stop Israel after using the nukes, the US would be further disgraced and hated, and even punished.

*This is only likely if the tactical nukes have "accidental" civilian casualties, and considering Israel attack policy, it is a legitimate concern"

Americans just need to consider one thing; Israeli planes will need to fly over Iraqi airspace to attack Iran.

The Israelis better not use Nuclear bombs because that would open up a whole can of worms. If they use them to pre-emptively stike a nation, there are going to be a whole bunch of other nations in the middle east clamoring to get their hands on nukes. More importantly, that will change international relations big time. Now nations will claim to have the right to use nuclear weapons to first strike other nations.

Consider this situation, Israel has stated they will pre-emptively strike Iran because of security reasons. But if Iran gets nukes before them, can they not claim to pre-empitvely strike Israel, considering that Israel has vowed to strike them? The "first strike" game gets very dangerous and I hope no country ever decides to use nukes to gain the "first strike" advantage.

After the US nuked Japan, the world saw how useless nukes actually were. If another country were to use them, that would make other states more willing to use them, to garner more international attention.

I like how everybody says they would support this plan (and that's all I think it will ever be) but they never think of the consequences.

Maybe you guys don't understand that Israel will be wiped off the map if they were to use nukes in the Middle East. Right now, terrorism is the policy of extremist factions, not a united effort. If a Middle East nation were nuked, every single Arab nation would fight Israel. Say what you want, but Israel cannot stand to that might. As much as one could argue the past, things would be different considering the desperation that the Arab nations would have. More important to the conflict would be the support (i.e. from the US) they would lose. The UN and other nations have been pretty lax about criticizing the US for vetoing every sanction or action against Israel. If the US were to not sanction or actively stop Israel after using the nukes, the US would be further disgraced and hated, and even punished.

*This is only likely if the tactical nukes have "accidental" civilian casualties, and considering Israel attack policy, it is a legitimate concern"

Americans just need to consider one thing; Israeli planes will need to fly over Iraqi airspace to attack Iran.

Wow...and you're only 17? I'm impressed.

Kinda makes me want to move to NC. I don't really feel like being next door to the nerve center of our country, AKA prime target #1...

if DC is prime target no.1. Then tidewater is no.2.

Just move closer to the S.C. border.

N.C. will get fallout. :laugh:

If Israel uses a nuke to nuke the nukes; they will be wiped off the face of the earth. Russia will nuke Israel. Then we will launch our nukes.

Israel uses a nuke- Iran's allies that have nukes-- will respond for them.

What allies??? This is the second time I've seen Russia mentioned as an ally of Iran don't know where that is coming from as the emphatically are not allies.

What allies??? This is the second time I've seen Russia mentioned as an ally of Iran don't know where that is coming from as the emphatically are not allies.

Yep,Iran has clients and suppliers but they are a little light in the ally department.

You could count Syria,N Korea, good ol Chavez and a few other minor actors as allies.

Problem for Iran is you dry up the honey pot and their allies :rolleyes: will sit it out.

This is nothing but a contingency plan (probably leaked )to apply addition pressure to resolve the issue.

The major powers in the ME have more to fear from Israel making a strike than Israel itself. :laugh:

Kinda makes me want to move to NC. I don't really feel like being next door to the nerve center of our country, AKA prime target #1...

It's no different here. We've got Fort Bragg, Pope AFB, Camp Legeune, Sunny Point (Military weapons ocean terminal), numerous nuclear plants...No place to hide when you start lightin' those things off.

Israel should bait Iran and use conventional arms to attack Iran's nuke facilities first. The Iranians will prob be stupid enough to respond with Chemical/Biological weapons in response. If that happens Israel would have justification to use tactical nukes on Iranian nuclear processing plants.

Archived