Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Verizon Wireless doesn't understand decimals

jrockster21

I guess if you wanted to nick pick this to death the quote should have said .002 money per kilobyte.

:doh: NO, NO, NO! This is absolutely incorrect. You either have dollars, or you have cents. There is no "money" units. When you go to Sports Authority, do you see footballs for 19.99 monies?? :doh:

:doh: NO, NO, NO! This is absolutely incorrect. You either have dollars, or you have cents. There is no "money" units. When you go to Sports Authority, do you see footballs for 19.99 monies?? :doh:

JRock, just give up. This guy clearly is never going to be convinced otherwise. Let's just let him live in his imaginary world full of "moneys" and "correct math."

Okay Jrock, What if I only used 2 bytes? Verizon did give me something, so shouldn't I have to give something in return?

*EDIT* I made a mistake above. I am not pulling anyone's leg either.:doh:

1000 bytes=Kilobytes

0.002=2 thousandths of money(cents because ANY # more than .00 to the right of the decimal is called cents because it's the lowest from of money we exchange with)

Do you see a similarity? Kilobyte thousand .002 thousandths

The original quote was CORRECT 1 thousand bytes for 2 thousandths of money! Both numbers are already in a form of a THOUSAND! in tenths. There was no need to convert anything because Kilo equals a thousand and .002 equals 2 thousandths of money wich can only be expressed in cents because that is the lowest form of money we exchange with. We don't have a coin that represents a thousandth of a dollar. I guess if you wanted to nick pick this to death the quote should have said .002 money per kilobyte.

I give up also! If you don't believe me that's fine....I don't care anymore.:whew:

I don't think much more can be said about the math behind all of this, so I'll just point out that it's "nit picking," not "nick picking."

Okay Jrock, What if I only used 2 bytes? Verizon did give me something, so shouldn't I have to give something in return?

They'd probably just round it up to 1 cent, although that is not what the cost should be according to their rate. Although I don't see how someone could go on the Internet and only use 2 bytes. I think that's what Verizon was assuming when they created that rate.

1 kilobyte = 1000 bytes --> 2 bytes = 0.002 kilobytes.

The rate is 0.002 cents/kb, so you would now owe Verizon 0.004 cents (according to the quoted rate of 0.002 cents/kb). Anymore brain-busters?

They'd probably just round it up to 1 cent, although that is not what the cost should be according to their rate. Although I don't see how someone could go on the Internet and only use 2 bytes. I think that's what Verizon was assuming when they created that rate.

Exactly. I think its impossible to only use 2 bytes.

• 2 months later...

Well the infinite sum there has a limit of 1, but if I'm not mistaken the expression involving e is an imaginary number. Not sure how they're supposed to cash that, but I doubt the guy who wrote the check gives a ****.

Are we sure this is real?

The e^(i*pi) term evaluates to -1, so it just cancels with the sum term (which has a limit of 1).

He's writing the check for just the $0.002.

Bonus points for style!

By the way, reading ProBowler's ridiculous asshattery on this thread still cracks me up. Just unbelievable.

:laugh: , yet :doh: .

I can't believe I missed this thread the 1st time around. I just went back and read the whole thing and feel my IQ has dropped a few points after reading ProBowlers rational

No doubt. I tried to understand PB's reasoning and my face felt hot and I started sweating. .002 cents a kilobite = .002 x 1 cent (.01)

.002 x .01 = .00002.

.00002 x 35,859 kilobytes = .7172

this is just my .002 cents of :2cents:

The next time the copier sales person comes into your work tell him the price he quoted you of .005 cents per black copy and .13 cents per color copy isn't what you are receiving.

• 2 years later...

Archived