Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sports Illustrated predicts Redskins to win the NFC East in 2007

#98QBKiller

waaaayyyyy to early to predict, however the core group of players are strong and who knows? perhaps we may clinch the division. most of the losses this year have been close. and Jason Campbell is awesome. i just wish we sent him in earlier...HAIL TO THE SKINS!

All jokes aside- this team is just inconsistent in every unimaginable way. I really hope that GW takes that $1 million and jettisons his way out of town. It's time to give Greg Blatche a chance!

As far as the offense is concerned, it may be one of our luminous spots on the team next season. But, I am not anticipating anything about this team anymore! In fact, I have already begun focusing on my career rather than these miserable bums :laugh:

What's a wholesale? Is that where the sell wholes?

:laugh: Yeah..thats it...I think that poster meant to clean house on defense w/wholesale prices...dump ppl of little value...etc..but I like your interpretation better..:silly:

I don't know if it will be that big of a turnaround over the offseason..but I certainly hope so. I think the offense is pretty much set..the D needs some work and I'm sure Gibbs & co. will get it figured out w/o too much damage.

Hail!

In the new print edition of Sports Illustrated (the one with LT on the cover), there's already a section predicting outcomes of 2007 and it predicts the Redskins to win the NFC East next season.

The article was kind of lighthearted so take it with a grain of salt if you read it. I looked on the Web site but couldn't find it there.

Boy, April 1 got here pretty quickly. It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating Christmas.

I'd over haul this defense Period. Sean Taylor, Griffin and Washington I'd keep and the rest of them would have to go to me. The Skins admin staff has proven time and time again that they can't evaluate. This has been going on for almost a decade now. They need a GM period!

As far as Portis goes. I really think that defenses aren't putting 8 and 9 people in the box because they know Campbell will at least take a shot down field. This allows running room off the break. Espcially on 1st and 2nd downs. Campbell has played well too. He makes defenses at least back their safeties off.

I find it as no surprise that a seceret player says that Williams is arrogant. I said that 2 years ago.

I think that not tie-ing Betts success to Campbell is very short sighted.

Campbell throws the deep middle route. Brunell didnt. Safeties have to back up. They could roll up with Brunell in the backfield.

I like Betts, but he has showed this season why he is a career backup....coughing up the ball in the worst possible times. Lost us two games outright (TB and Rams). Plus his breakaway speed reminds me of Stephen Davis. Portis is like LT or Moss when in open field, just accelerates away from everyone

Anyone who thinks it's impossible or unlikely should look at Philly...they are about to win the East after being 6-10 last year (and 5-6 earlier this year). Also, this time last year New Orleans was horrible and had an entirely different staff and cast of players!

Every year is a new one, and there's no reason to believe we can't be a team that gets the breaks and plays well once 2007 begins.

I think Portis has that big play, explosive ability that Betts does not have. Betts hits the hole hard and is great between the tackles, but he will never break off a 60 yard td run that Portis can. If you swap Portis for Betts when he fumbled in St. Louis, Portis is in the endzone and we win.

Just my opinion, I respect yours. Betts is playing like a beast

How many sixty yard runs did Clinton break this year? How many since he's been a redskin? I think its naive to think that all of Betts 10 yard runs would be 60 runs for Clinton...they're different runners. Betts hits the hole a lot quicker. there's no guarantee that same hole would be there at all by the time Clinton hit the line. Also, Betts never tries to bounce it outside or hit a different hole. Some of Clinton's longer runs came when he bounced it outside. Just my :2cents:

Our team is far from shambles. Our offense is finally starting to click. Campbell is only going to get better over the offseason. RB corp is very strong, WR's are strong (still undecided about Lloyd). Cooley speaks for himself at TE.... OL is solid, could sure a little more depth......Now I agree the defense has some work to do, but it definitely does not mean we need a D coaching staff. We have a terrific Defensive mind in Gregg Williams and would be crazy to let him go. We need some more playmakers to help his blitz packages. For example a very strong LB (maybe Lance Briggs) we need another solid CB to help Rogers and Springs out. We preferably need a young corner to eventually take over for Springs. I'm kinda thinking cutting Adam Arch is probably the best move. he really doesnt fit the scheme. We can without a doubt fix our needs with free agency and a solid well thought out 1st round pick. I am not sure what other picks we have but I'm thinking we dont have one again until the 4th.....Either way I like our chances next year as long as we keep the same offensive players together to study that 700 page playbook, and we make quality Defensive pickups and have a good draft. GO SKINS............

JASON CAMPBELL FOR MVP IN 2007

How many sixty yard runs did Clinton break this year? How many since he's been a redskin? I think its naive to think that all of Betts 10 yard runs would be 60 runs for Clinton...they're different runners. Betts hits the hole a lot quicker. there's no guarantee that same hole would be there at all by the time Clinton hit the line. Also, Betts never tries to bounce it outside or hit a different hole. Some of Clinton's longer runs came when he bounced it outside. Just my :2cents:

He has not had a 60 yd 'run' this year.... but he had a

74 yard shovel pass ..

30 yard draw for a TD

34 yard run against Indy

38 yard run for a TD against Dallas

In 2005

41 yard run against chicago

31 yard run against Tampa

47 yard TD agains the Rams

23 yard run against ARI

22 yard TD against Eagles

in 2004

64 yard TD against Tampa (his first touch as a redskins)

In between all of those there are atleast 35+ runs of ten yards or more...

In the new print edition of Sports Illustrated (the one with LT on the cover), there's already a section predicting outcomes of 2007 and it predicts the Redskins to win the NFC East next season.

The article was kind of lighthearted so take it with a grain of salt if you read it. I looked on the Web site but couldn't find it there.

It also says that Gibbs leaves and goes back to NASCAR following next season.

Again I see comments on how our offense seems so exciting now and explosive. Why exactly? How are we comparable to the KC team where Saunders had a #1 Offense? I see mention constantly of a deep threat but unless I am wrong, save a few intermediate completed passes for long yardage where are the results? I know JC will progress with time but I am beginning to get aggravated with all the people here saying we are lighting it up on offense! I realize we have been forced into watching mediocrity for a few seasons now on offense but if this is what a "high-powered" offense will look like next season, I'm already scared! -20 points in every game (some against terrible defenses) and one decent performace on Offense against a team with a weak defense since our young QB starting lighting the world on fire. :2cents:

Summary:

Offense is OK.

Defense is Not Good.

Team = Fair = Not a division winner unless major improvements are made on both sides of the ball. Not necessarily personnel, but improvements nonetheless.

Archived