Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sports Illustrated predicts Redskins to win the NFC East in 2007

#98QBKiller

In the new print edition of Sports Illustrated (the one with LT on the cover), there's already a section predicting outcomes of 2007 and it predicts the Redskins to win the NFC East next season.

The article was kind of lighthearted so take it with a grain of salt if you read it. I looked on the Web site but couldn't find it there.

Wouldn't suprise me if the skins won the division next year, in fact I expect them to win the division. Our defense is bad because of GW, if he fixes his schemes for next year we can have a top defense that will be upgraded through the draft and FA. I don't think anyone realizes how much it hurts to not have Portis in the backfield, he totally changes our offense. Campbell should develop and build a level of comfort with our WRs in the offseason. :dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Wouldn't suprise me if the skins won the division next year, in fact I expect them to win the division. Our defense is bad because of GW, if he fixes his schemes for next year we can have a top defense that will be upgraded through the draft and FA. I don't think anyone realizes how much it hurts to not have Portis in the backfield, he totally changes our offense. Campbell should develop and build a level of comfort with our WRs in the offseason. :dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

But I think the skins are going to the super bowl every year like most of us skins fans

cough cough, portis was still playing when mark got benched, cough cough, jc's numbers aren't a huge improvement over brunell's, cough cough same o-line.

Your wrong cause Portis was on the IR when Campbell made his first start. You can not tell me our o-line has been playing like this all year, started when JC got the start. Portis was playing hurt all season. JC can throw the deep ball, his numbers aren't impressive but teams respect his deep ball.

Not knocking Betts, he is a solid back up. But he is no Portis

with saunders staying the same offense should be in place, and with portis and betts in the backfield, along with an improved JC, our offense should be set. our D although sucked this year, i believe that G.Williams is too good of a coach to allow the D to regress like they have despite what people may have said about him here on extremeskins, but then again i did get these burgundy tinted glasses for Christmas.

Your wrong cause Portis was on the IR when Campbell made his first start. You can not tell me our o-line has been playing like this all year, started when JC got the start. Portis was playing hurt all season. JC can throw the deep ball, his numbers aren't impressive but teams respect his deep ball.

you're right about when he was placed on ir. my bad.

i'm not saying betts is portis, but i really don't think if portis was playing right now that we'd be much better off than we are with betts.

you're right about when he was placed on ir. my bad.

i'm not saying betts is portis, but i really don't think if portis was playing right now that we'd be much better off than we are with betts.

I think Portis has that big play, explosive ability that Betts does not have. Betts hits the hole hard and is great between the tackles, but he will never break off a 60 yard td run that Portis can. If you swap Portis for Betts when he fumbled in St. Louis, Portis is in the endzone and we win.

Just my opinion, I respect yours. Betts is playing like a beast

first off bless you..you both seemed to have come down with a cold:doh:..

anyway i agree with this qoute..if you take the 2 backs comparitavely this season..betts has about 1000 yards and 4 tds and portis has around half the yardage and almost double the TD's...while the defense is slacking the offense seems to be gaining more confidence in campbell...most, if not all our offseason moves will go towards fixing the defense so its not unrealistic that we should and perhaps will make a strong case for the division...

a big factor this season was an offensive system being place on a bunch of players that were new to eachother, it took a long time to gel and in that time the defense was on the field too much resulting in alot of injury and frustration...now that the offense is clicking the defense is exhausted...

I expect the offseason to work most the kinks out on its own:2cents:

I think Portis has that big play, explosive ability that Betts does not have. Betts hits the hole hard and is great between the tackles, but he will never break off a 60 yard td run that Portis can. If you swap Portis for Betts when he fumbled in St. Louis, Portis is in the endzone and we win.

you got a point, im sure portis could have taken a lot of those runs by betts to the house, not to take anything away from betts, he is outstanding in the past 5 weeks, but portis just has the speed and burst to score big.

On a side note, notice no one bashes Saunders now on this website. It usually takes a year for teams to adapt to his offense. Next year I expect the offense to be top ten, maybe even top 5. Defense will probably be like 25 or lower if the defensive staff is kept. Coaching will be the killer with Gibbs weak decision making at crucial times in games. This team could totally turn around, just look at the Jets; anything can happen.

On a side note, notice no one bashes Saunders now on this website. It usually takes a year for teams to adapt to his offense. Next year I expect the offense to be top ten, maybe even top 5. Defense will probably be like 25 or lower if the defensive staff is kept. Coaching will be the killer with Gibbs weak decision making at crucial times in games. This team could totally turn around, just look at the Jets; anything can happen.

Saunders offense usually goes into full effect in 3 years from what I heard. But next year I expect a big improvement. Portis = the next scoring champ

All homerism aside I would say thats about right....:applause:

It looks like we will add a few key pieces on D that should help....

even with a bad D...

We Beat up on some good teams this year.....

Jax

Carolina

Dallas

Philly

New Orleans

We lost 5 games by 3 points or less....

The only games we completely tanked were NY and the first philly game...I put those on The Offensive struggles we had then.....

I think our O can play with anybody when we get redzone production...and having campbell get the reps in the off season and a healthy portis will be big....

The Giants will have a new Coach to adapt to and no Tiki Barber...

Any less than a Superbowl in Dallas this year will cause that team to explode...:applause: :laugh:

The Eagles are on a high right now ....But we dominated them totally few weeks ago and should have won with better coaching moves...

Barring any 360 turn arounds like New Orleans this year... our schedule right now looks a little easier next season...

Pop Quiz:

Which NFL franchise has one of the most historic backgrounds, a Hall of Fame coach, Several Hall of Fame players, and still has the dumbest and most fickle and short sighted fans in the league?

Portis is a BEAST!

How dare you talk of trading away this...:doh::doh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29rXo44UbnM

your profile says it alll!!!!! :notworthy

. Next year I expect the offense to be top ten, maybe even top 5. Defense will probably be like 25 or lower if the defensive staff is kept.

:laugh: Keep smokin that ****, you silly goose! We've shown we can run the ball but Campbell has been average at best and I wouldnt go betting the house that he turns into a probowler over the offseason.

Great idea, lets bring in another coach so we have to learn a new system all over again. :doh: How 'bout NOT! I imagine you want to bring in a big name CB along with a big name DE along with a big name MLB.....because we all know that has worked so well for us in the past.

Im ready for some consistancy. Keep all the coaches and all the current players and give these guys a chance for some chemistry through consistancy. Then draft, draft, draft.

I am so damn tired of hearing "bring in this FA" or "fire this coach" or "cut this guy". As bad as Holdman has been, I say keep his ass for depth. This team needs consistancy.

I'm sorry but I'd rather have a back that picks up 8-10 yards it seems like every time he takes the ball up the middle over someone with "big play ability". We have been able to drive the ball 80-90 yrds with easy while he's been back there and its because he picks up 10 yards after 10 yards. Portis has NEVER done that for us. At least not consistently the way Betts has for the last 5 games.

I'm sorry but I'd rather have a back that picks up 8-10 yards it seems like every time he takes the ball up the middle over someone with "big play ability". We have been able to drive the ball 80-90 yrds with easy while he's been back there and its because he picks up 10 yards after 10 yards. Portis has NEVER done that for us. At least not consistently the way Betts has for the last 5 games.

I think CP would match Betts' production plus break big runs if he was behind our o-line right now. The running lanes these guys are providing is just insane. CP is very difficult to tackle once he gets 8 yards pass the line. He really does have great vision and elusiveness Betts does not have.

Taking nothing away from Betts who has been great

I am bias towards CP, I think he can be the 2nd best back in the league if our passing game starts clicking

Archived