Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sports Illustrated predicts Redskins to win the NFC East in 2007

#98QBKiller

funny, because his replacement has done nothing but put up the best 5 game stretch in franchise history. and the offense has been better.

Unfortunately the only statistic that matters in the end is wins and losses. The rest is just noise. I admit it was fun watching LB run for a lot of yards, but folks in my section and I agreed CP would have scored on at least 10 separate runs this year when LB couldn't/didn't break free.

LB has done a good job accumulating yardage, but I'd trade it all for 4 wins and a playoff berth :2cents: .

When in his first six games that young QB has thrown the ball down field on a regular and has hit bombs for a TD of 42, 31, and 34 yards...

as well as completions of 19 & 20 yards on the same drive along with other Deep in patterns that resulted in long catch and run plays...

That is a threat.....

I also think that people mistaked saunders offense for the run and shoot or the spurrier chuck and duck offense....just because he racked up alot of yards in KC....

Because you put up plenty of yards dont mean you go deep all the time..

The way we have mixed the run with deep passes, and gained huge 15-20 yard chunks in between on draws,screens and reverses is what i always saw in KC...

I think some people had the wrong idea of what this O was supposed to be.....he had almost 2300 yards rushing the last 5 years in KC and now washington.....so it has always been a balanced attack...

And I respectfully disagree. There is no doubt that JC may have the ability to strecth the field one day but this offense doesn't do it enough to be considered a deep pass threat. Saunders O is a balanced attack and that I agree 100%. 314 yards a game may be big numbers in the NFC this year the last few weeks but it isn't exactly Big Numbers by NFL standards. 3 passes for 30+ yards does not constitute a DEEP pass threat. Long YAC yards ( just like with Brunell) does not make for a DEEP pass threat. Defenses must believe that they will get burned if they put too many in the box to stop our run. I don't respect our current deep "threat" enough to let the Redskins run all over the field via Betts right now. He is clearly the engine of this offense right now. When the run has gone away from our offense on seriers of plays you cannot deny you have seen way too many 3 and outs for a deep threat type of offense.

Unfortunately the only statistic that matters in the end is wins and losses. The rest is just noise. I admit it was fun watching LB run for a lot of yards, but folks in my section and I agreed CP would have scored on at least 10 separate runs this year when LB couldn't/didn't break free.

LB has done a good job accumulating yardage, but I'd trade it all for 4 wins and a playoff berth :2cents: .

very easy to say if.

i'd agree, but i'll add another if: IF cp hits the hole as fast as lb, going north/south, he might have scored.

but i said it before, and i'll say it again: the biggest disappointment in cp that i have is his inability to beat the safety one on one.

I think that we should be able to win the NFCE next year. I mean face it, every year we have high expectations we blow it.

Last year, what were our big expectations? But we came basically out of nowhere after a pathetic previous season with a shaky QB situation, and decided we would win by running and defense.

The pressure wont be on us, which will help JC and the rest of the skins

I think that we should be able to win the NFCE next year. I mean face it, every year we have high expectations we blow it.

Last year, what were our big expectations? But we came basically out of nowhere after a pathetic previous season with a shaky QB situation, and decided we would win by running and defense.

The pressure wont be on us, which will help JC and the rest of the skins

Great point hopefully we are expected to completley suck next year and come out of nowhere and blow everyones minds like this years saints:cheers:

shake and bake baby

Suprising what can happen in a year or season...a superbowl champion one season can possibly be mediocre the next..and a 5-11 team could go deep into the play offs the next season...stranger things happen. Who knows. could be...most things imo point to that not happening in that short a time with alot of areas to fill on D. But it very well could happen. Who thought the Eagles would do this well after McNabb went down? other than Eagles fans(homers) not many. I guess people also forgot Garcia is a good QB when in the right offense/situation.

you got a point, im sure portis could have taken a lot of those runs by betts to the house, not to take anything away from betts, he is outstanding in the past 5 weeks, but portis just has the speed and burst to score big.

I don't think it is actually the speed as much as the vision. Portis is a little faster in the open field, but he SEES the field so much better once he is there. Betts just runs until someone hits him. Portis runs where defenders are not, and when they are there he makes them whiiiiiiffffff.

very easy to say if.

i'd agree, but i'll add another if: IF cp hits the hole as fast as lb, going north/south, he might have scored.

but i said it before, and i'll say it again: the biggest disappointment in cp that i have is his inability to beat the safety one on one.

We just disagree on this point. I (and my fans group at Fedex) believe CP is better in space and you like LB in that situation.

I cheer for both LB and CP and I'm glad to see them in Burgundy and Gold!

Probably doesn't matter as much how many rushing yards we accumulate each game, if we continue to be unable to score more than 20 points per game on a consistent basis and are consistently unable to defend on 3rd and 15 situations.

Running back is a place we don't have serious problems so we need to focus on defense...this year we can't seem to stop anyone consistently.

:gaintsuck

We just disagree on this point. I (and my fans group at Fedex) believe CP is better in space and you like LB in that situation.

I cheer for both LB and CP and I'm glad to see them in Burgundy and Gold!

Probably doesn't matter as much how many rushing yards we accumulate each game, if we continue to be unable to score more than 20 points per game on a consistent basis and are consistently unable to defend on 3rd and 15 situations.

Running back is a place we don't have serious problems so we need to focus on defense...this year we can't seem to stop anyone consistently.

:gaintsuck

now i never said betts was better in space than portis. i'm smarter than that. i was just saying that he gets too much credit for being a home run hitter. he doesn't make the safety miss on a conistent basis.

but you're right, we need to put more than 20 points on the board, and we need to improve the defense. :cheers:

Well, Geez, I agree with everyone, NO WAY a team that is gonna be 6-10 can contend for the very tough NFC East! C'mon! I am as down right now as the next guy but the eagles were 6-10 last year and they will win the east this year with Donovan in the pressbox for the majority fo the season!! Also, the eagles, the big winners of the amazing NFC east has beaten 1 team with a winning record this year! 1 TEAM!! The COwboys (who we even beat!!). We can't compete for the East next year? With a healthy clinton portis? an entire off-season of Cambpell at starter? If we re-sign dockery? Add Gaines Adams, Sign clements or Samuel at Corner? Another year in what was this year a brand new offense? Im not saying we WILL win but in THIS league, and in THIS division!! Nobody is not in contention for this division next year!! Nobody!! The division winner hasn't beaten ANYBODY and was 6-10 last year using their second string QB after a first round draft pick bust in ROderick Bunkley. The COwboys are in shambles, the Giants I believe have more serious problems than we do! Guys, its awfully bad to be a skins fan this year. If we don't start acting smarter in the offseason our woes will continue but we don't need half a decade to become competitive with the East!! Don't make this worse than it is fellas. HAIL!! :eaglesuck

Archived