Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best / Worst Free Redskins Stadium Item You Ever Got:

MarkB452

In the spirit of the season, what is the best and worst free promo item(s) you ever got upon entering a Redskins game?

Best:

1. 1997 Redskins Calendar (Dec had a picture of RFK section 234 and I can clearly pick out people who sat near our seats).

2. Redskins trading cards (2002?) - 3 in a pack, 10 in the set. I grabbed a bunch of packs and made a couple of sets.

3. Redskins Duffel Bag (preseason 1986?)

Worst:

1. 1996 Cheerleader poster (I'm not a fan of big hair).

See poster at: http://www.redskinscheerleaderalumni.org/files/96Redskinettes.jpg

I wish I could say Stadium Seat cushion, but my dad and brother were at that 1991 playoff game (and they were not close enough to throw them either).

i have all kinds of stuff from the RFK days thats cool, i do have a seat cushion from the "seat cushion" game...i was a kid then so anything free was awesome to me. only thing ive gotten worthwhile at fedex is the Bank of America magnet with the schedule on it that you get on opening day the past few years.

Bandwagon towel was pretty cool.

My memory is foggy....but they may have given 'em out before the NFC Championship game when we smoked the Lions and went on to the Super Bowl.

i have one of those, also the bandwagon bumper stickers. have a few of those that have never been put on anything.

I also got a couple of those Mobil Seat Cushions. I got one signed by Sonny, Sam and John madden. Pat Summeral told me no (old ****. thats when I found out how much makeup Madden really wears (yikes).

We sat in the Mezzanine level of RFK and I am pretty sure it was Ricky Ervins who ran for the TD that started the Seat Cushion effect, but he got in the endzone literally right below us. Dad forbade me and my sister from throwing ours. With Evander and MC Hammer or someone on the sidelines too. Probably my top Redskins memory.

After the game people were seriously walking around with like 20 of those things.

But the seat cushion is my favorite free thing for sure

Plastic megaphone about the size of a football given out at the Skins/49ers game in Nov. of 1985. I think it was Jay Scroeder's first home start.

Also a Dexter Manley and Charles Mann poster. I had it for years.

Have there been any other giveaways in the Danny era besides Schedule magnets? How boring.

I also got a couple of those Mobil Seat Cushions. I got one signed by Sonny, Sam and John madden. Pat Summeral told me no (old ****. thats when I found out how much makeup Madden really wears (yikes).

We sat in the Mezzanine level of RFK and I am pretty sure it was Ricky Ervins who ran for the TD that started the Seat Cushion effect, but he got in the endzone literally right below us. Dad forbade me and my sister from throwing ours. With Evander and MC Hammer or someone on the sidelines too. Probably my top Redskins memory.

After the game people were seriously walking around with like 20 of those things.

But the seat cushion is my favorite free thing for sure

Possibly my single greatest memory from RFK. Prebankruptcy MC Hammer in that ankle long, white cape of a fur coat in the rain and mud. Funny then but hilarious today.

BEST:

I got a neck warmer deal, GOLD (corrected by bulldog below, thank-you) with burgundy REDSKINS letters in the classic font. You slip it over your head and it hugs your neck. It's one of my favorite items of all time. Keeps me nice and toasty in December and the once-a-decade January game. Still use it to this day.

I got a seat cushion during the seat cushion game (it ended up on the field).

Both above were at RFK during the championship years

WORST:

Anything since FedExfield opened (i.e. those dumb little pins), excluding the magnetic schdules that they used to give out which I do like, but they didn't this year unless I missed it. The free stuff has pretty much sucked at FedEx, pre-Snyder too, so don't blame him for all of it.

Redskins logo knit polo cap from 1975 season opener against the Saints, a 41-0 Redskins victory :)

That cap has lasted all this time and while I don't wear it that often (prefer the sideline cap) the quality knit is 100% better than the garbage they peddle FOR CHARGE at games these days :mad:

And the gold in 'burgundy and gold' is GOLD not YELLOW :cheers:

I can't believe you got something for free when Snyder owned the team!

I could be wrong but I doubt he pays for it because it always has some other company on it.

Oh and the worst thing they gave out was a couple of weeks ago when he gave out the Best Buy things. They said $10 Gift Card and they gave out handfuls but then you read it and it says you have to spen $100 and there is only one per household.

Archived