Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Blacked out in St. Louis: Rams' sellout streak ends

WeThreeKingsRuleU

Rams fans are the BIGGEST fairweather fans there is. As long as the Rams are doing well they're interested, but if they start losing they either jump on another team or don't watch at all. I live 126 miles south of St. Louis, and you guys wouldn't believe the difference between now and their Super Bowl years. Back then you couldn't go ten feet without seeing somebody in a Faulk or Warner jersey. Now, you see more jerseys of other teams then you do the Rams.

I had a chance to get good seats, but with it being on Christmas Eve, there's just NO way I can go. Any other day and I would of jumped on the opportunity to see my Skins in person. :(

"Running back Steven Jackson was highly critical two weeks ago of season-ticket holders who sold their seats to visiting fans. The Rams had to go to a silent count on offense against the Bears and Chiefs after fans of their closest rivals scooped up prime locations and made themselves heard."

Man, thats bad when you have to go to a silent count in your own stadium.:laugh:

Rams fans are the BIGGEST fairweather fans there is. As long as the Rams are doing well they're interested, but if they start losing they either jump on another team or don't watch at all. I live 126 miles south of St. Louis, and you guys wouldn't believe the difference between now and their Super Bowl years. Back then you couldn't go ten feet without seeing somebody in a Faulk or Warner jersey. Now, you see more jerseys of other teams then you do the Rams.

I had a chance to get good seats, but with it being on Christmas Eve, there's just NO way I can go. Any other day and I would of jumped on the opportunity to see my Skins in person. :(

Here's a question for you. Is this going to be blacked out in StL only? Is KBSI-23 going to show the game?!?! We're going to be at my folks' house in Benton(IL) on Christmas eve and they don't have DirecTV so if they don't show it on channel 23 I'm screwed!!! I haven't missd a game since 1999!!!!!!!!

The Rams fans are some of the worst in the NFL. St Louis, as another said, is a baseball town with a football team. The NHL's Blues are even pretty popular in STL but the Rams are only when they're winning. I guess that's what happens when you transplant a team. It usually takes a generation for a team to develop a hardcore backing. As far as baseball, you almost couldn't find a better town in America. This town backs its baseball team win or lose and if one wore a Cardinals uni before and left the team on good terms many times you'll get a nice round of applause when one comes to bat on your furst visit back at St Lou.

St. Louis has always been a baseball town first just as Washington has always been a football town. It is not surprising that when the Rams are not 11-5 and headed to the playoffs that fans find other things to do.

The Rams Super Bowl win in 1999 and return in 2001 gave the fans a 'spectacle' to go see and they came out.

Now that the team has come back to earth, you see the real level of fan interest.

St. Louis has always been a baseball town first just as Washington has always been a football town. It is not surprising that when the Rams are not 11-5 and headed to the playoffs that fans find other things to do.

The Rams Super Bowl win in 1999 and return in 2001 gave the fans a 'spectacle' to go see and they came out.

Now that the team has come back to earth, you see the real level of fan interest.

Redskins fans are with them do or die!!:cheers:

Here's a question for you. Is this going to be blacked out in StL only? Is KBSI-23 going to show the game?!?! We're going to be at my folks' house in Benton(IL) on Christmas eve and they don't have DirecTV so if they don't show it on channel 23 I'm screwed!!! I haven't missd a game since 1999!!!!!!!!

I think it's only in the St. Louis area. It's on KBSI according to tvguide.com.

didn't see this already posted, sorry if its a repeat

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2705298

another streak ended thanks to the skins!

Those 'piece of sh*t...fans' in 'The Lou' didn't wish to bear witness to that 'ass-whuppin' that The REDSKINS are bringing to their little 'piece of sh*t Cow-town'. 'Fudge-em'!!! :hammer: :doh: :mad: :(

I'll be there! Guess I can't tivo it to watch later though. If it wasn't Christmas Eve I don't think they would have this problem. You have to be pretty hardcore to go to the game on Christmas Eve. I'm going with a Ram's fan and he is catching *hit from his pregnant wife pretty hard, since he is hosting his family at 6pm that day.

There may be 3,000 unsold seats, but my guess is there will be many more empty seats. Some Rams' fans are faithful, but there are many here who bandwagon just like any other city I guess. You've got to remember though that this team just came here in 1995. If they are Rams fans now and over say 25yrs old that means they left their old team to root for the Rams. What does that say about those individuals? People around here always ask me why I'm not a Rams fan. I tell them it's simple I was a Redskin fan before they got here and I will always be one. They don't understand how silly they look by switching allegiance.

Anyone got any good ideas for a sign? I've never taken a sign to a game before, but I thought about making one of those "All I want for Christmas is ......." signs. Got any ideas? I'm only a couple of rows off the field on the Skins side fo the field.

:helmet:

Based on the nationally televised game against the Bears, it was embarrassing for the home crowd (Rams). I have never seen a home team have to deal w/ crowd noise on offense and have to call a timeout. That pretty much told me St. Loius doesn't fill the seats w/ as many Rams fans the team thinks.

Probably quite a few away teams' fans fill that stadium. We are not in the playoff running AND it's Christmas' Eve, so not that many away fans are going to travel. I'm wondering how many stadiums will really sellout except for 2 games-the NO-NYG game (Tiki's last home game) and Phil-Dallas?

Those 'piece of sh*t...fans' in 'The Lou' didn't wish to bear witness to that 'ass-whuppin' that The REDSKINS are bringing to their little 'piece of sh*t Cow-town'. 'Fudge-em'!!! :hammer: :doh: :mad: :(

whoa there dude. Now you're going from dissing fans to dissing the folk. I live near this cowtown. ;) And am proud of the baseball team. The people around here are much more freindly then in the new england area.

Let's hope that the general admission seating at FedEx will forever be all season ticket holders and no single game ticket patrons. If we had single game tickets for sale like they do in St. Louis, we'd be facing local tv blackouts for sure when conditions were ideal for such. I.E. late season, non playoff bound matchups, poor weather, Holiday eve. etc. With 92,000 seats and a season ticket wait list of only two years, don't think it could never happen to us.

wonder if an empty club level next season will lead to blackouts in our market...

Premium seats do not count toward a sellout. Premium seats include, Club, Feild Club, Loge, and all suites. Sellout status is based solely on the sales of the "General Admission" seating. In FedEx, that the GA's are the red seats only but none of the obstructed seats.

Archived